*AuthorTopic: Server Rules  (Read 9040 times)

Dave

• Co-Admin
  • Activity:
    0%
  • There can only be (1)Dave
    • View Profile
Server Rules
« on: August 19, 2011, 07:01:54 PM »
The rules are in place to ensure players have an enjoyable time on the server.

The TF2 server rules are as follows:
  • No foul language. Be polite and respect all players.
  • No douchebag behavior. No offensive sprays or names.
  • Do not impersonate another player or clan.
  • No racism. No name calling.
  • No cheating, hacking and exploiting.
  • Do not stack teams. No spawn camping.
  • Respect all admins and do not pretend to be one.

Regarding the first rule, some cursing is allowed, but for example, repeatedly cursing at someone is typically going too far.

Feel free to post any questions or comments on the rules here.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2014, 11:29:45 PM by Plasma »
-Dave
Co-Admin

AlienDeceptions

Re: Server Rules
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2011, 06:43:45 PM »
I am really getting tired of all the cussing that goes on, on this server. I feel that it should be monitored more closely and actions should be taken against people who abuse this. Kids play on this server and there is no need for any cussing whatsoever. I tell them to stop cussing only to get cussed at for telling them not to cuss. F**K you, You F**King losers, Stupid F**King people, What a F**Ked up team, and the list goes on and on with the F**K word. They should be kicked for a period of time each time time they cuss. If they continue to be kicked, then they should be banned. Like I said, Kids play on this server and this is not a place for this kind of behavior. It is suppose to be fun and not stressful from people who have no respect for others. I know you have emailed me about this and I hope you get your bad word program up and running soon as I also find some of the names / quotations VERY VERY offensive.

Hadden

• Ex-Server Admin
  • Verified Member
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2011, 07:15:38 PM »
In the defence of others, most of the people doing the swearing ARE kids lol.

12 year olds whining about God knows what.

Dave

• Co-Admin
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2011, 08:36:46 PM »
We're in the process of recruiting new admins. Hopefully tomorrow we'll have admin applications open. Our emphasis for these new admins will be on monitoring voice comms.

Meanwhile, keep in mind you can mute people in-game. To do so, press Escape and within the Resume Game button, there is a button with an icon of an ear. This button will open a menu where you can mute anyone.

Also, if you wish you can disable voice comms. In the Options window, click the Voice tab, move the Voice Receive Volume slider all the way to the left to disable voice comms.
-Dave
Co-Admin

Plasma

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
    • HyperionGaming.org
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2011, 10:06:42 PM »
Alien, we want to reduce swearing in general, especially racism or insults in chat, voice chat and player names. It is not an easy task, however. As you know, the staff consists of Dave and I, and we can't police the servers at all times (especially the rotation server). We still have a couple of plugins in the works to help decrease swearing. One will rename players with offensive names, second will block excessive profanity/racist insults, the third will silence players using profanity in voice chat. They're not ready yet, but we are working on it. These plugins will not be perfect, and we don't want to be too strict either. True, kids play TF2 online, but most of us are adults and we don't want to censor ourselves at times either.

Dave already mentioned we will be looking for additional help soon. The plugins above are not ready, and we hope adding more people to the staff will ensure more monitoring.

We've been having big traffic issues recently, probably the F2P wave is over, and we have to start over from scratch. We feel we need to focus on increasing traffic, so that the servers are full in the morning, and we don't have to constantly seed. That's why we want to try our Verified Member program, and that's also why we are trying to have more players join our steam group and forums.

The servers are far from perfect, but I think we're making progress, a little bit each day. You may not remember 6-7 weeks ago, but we had to ban players every day, and we spent all our time monitoring and we couldn't play. Today, we can actually enjoy the game, and even though there are still trouble makers and racial slurs still occur, they have decreased a lot.

TLDR: We're working on it, will need more time.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2011, 10:17:56 PM by Plasma »
Public Group:
--
Private Group:

torankusu

• Ex-Server Admin
  • Verified Member
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2011, 05:50:29 PM »
Can we maybe add something about the spamming of requests to trade? Not the actual trade requests through Steam, but spamming the chat. There's a particular player who is constantly asking for the same two or three items every time he comes in for like the last week. So far, the few people who have responded to him have said they weren't going to give anything away for free (he's a F2P player), so he just keeps asking.

Hadden

• Ex-Server Admin
  • Verified Member
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2011, 06:14:12 PM »
We've noticed him Tor, thanks for the report.

I'll talk it over with Dave and Plasma.

JackCnKing

• Verified Member
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2012, 08:57:12 PM »
When spies tele camping, is it against the rule like the spawn camping??  ???

Dave

• Co-Admin
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2012, 10:14:39 PM »
When spies tele camping, is it against the rule like the spawn camping??  ???
Probably not. It mainly applies to demomen, and sometimes other classes if they're successful at spawn camping.

Keep in mind, it is a valid tactic to attack a fresh spawn, and that's fine as long as they don't repeatedly do it.
-Dave
Co-Admin

Sandie

• Ex-Server Admin
  • Verified Member
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Oh hai!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2013, 12:45:43 PM »
Are these rules still current? Because Spawn camping and team stacking happen all the time. The other night the entire red team stood outside blue spawn and spammed it like crazy for quite a while until chainspell came off spectate and broke us out. It was not the start of round spawn either .. that i can understand .. it was after spawn had changed from pushing the cart.

Wolfpup

• TF2 Admin - Rank: 2
  • Junior Admin
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2013, 01:10:00 PM »
My opinion is as much as spawn camping sucks for the camped, it's a legitimate tactic. You spawn within a protected space (unlike many other FPS'rs) and if the team is smart (not all spy/sniper for eg) you just need a medic with uber, or a dead ringer spy (or 2) to go out and take the blast with the rest of the team following close behind. Let us not forget "Atomic Punch'd scoots".

Also, one can use voice/chat to say they are being spawn camped, and on good teams, someone from the front line should go back and help.

But this all takes something some players lack, teamwork!

If the team/player was good enough to get past the front line to spawn, they deserve easy kills. As much as it sucks to be the killed.

Christian

• Ex-Server Admin
  • Verified Member
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2013, 03:27:22 PM »
Are these rules still current? Because Spawn camping and team stacking happen all the time. The other night the entire red team stood outside blue spawn and spammed it like crazy for quite a while until chainspell came off spectate and broke us out. It was not the start of round spawn either .. that i can understand .. it was after spawn had changed from pushing the cart.
The problem was, that team had like 3 demoknights, and 3 pyros and 3 medics I believe. I haven't been spawn camped that I couldn't get out of. While I agree that it's ugly, it's hard to enforce a rule of "no spawn camping" and blanket everything as spawn camping. Because what if the blue team does it because red spawn is so close to the end of the point? Also what if they do it in the beginning of the round.

My opinion is that it happens so rarely that it's not a big issue like other newbie servers. Like I always say "if you can't get out of spawn, it's your own team's fault". And I know it's hard to get out when you're being spawn camped, but still.

By the way, the reason why you guys were spawn camped like that was a group on your team wanted it to happen. I was watching the whole thing :)
« Last Edit: August 04, 2013, 03:30:03 PM by Chainspell »

Sandie

• Ex-Server Admin
  • Verified Member
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Oh hai!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2013, 09:16:31 PM »
I was just curious is all. I know spawn camping happens and is part of the game. I was just giving an example of something that happened recently.

nostylee

• Verified Member
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2013, 03:28:52 AM »
I can't repeatedly motivate with foul language anymore apparently, if that answers your question on that rule being current. Which is disappointing. I feel as if the new admins are too ready to use their new position, when just a couple of days ago they would have let that shit fly. 

Christian

• Ex-Server Admin
  • Verified Member
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2013, 08:37:09 AM »
I can't repeatedly motivate with foul language anymore apparently, if that answers your question on that rule being current. Which is disappointing. I feel as if the new admins are too ready to use their new position, when just a couple of days ago they would have let that shit fly.
I sent you a PM on steam. Thanks for bringing that to our attention, I'll find out what's going on :)