*AuthorTopic: "Server is Full"  (Read 6004 times)

H. McCringleberry

• Verified Member
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
"Server is Full"
« on: February 17, 2014, 07:24:28 PM »
Ive been getting this message whenever I try to play on this server every time I try to join and it wont give me any sort of server status/summary whenever I attempt to join when its full, and thus I cant autojoin/queue up to join. It's been really turning me off the server since I try to join the server a few times, realize I cant queue up, and give up and go play another server that doesnt have this problem. This is the only server Ive experienced on, It isnt just on my end, and its been happening frequently for the past month or two. Would love to see a response or better yet, a fix. Thanks! <3

Sandie

• Ex-Server Admin
  • Verified Member
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Oh hai!
    • View Profile
Re: "Server is Full"
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2014, 12:06:49 PM »
I've had it not populate the server info for me a few times in the past but usually when my internet was having some issues. I see you're in AU. I'm thinking that could be part of your problem .. your ping to server is probably semi high considering it's in CA. Maybe it's just having trouble grabbing the info because of that. Usually I just refreshed a few times or just gave it a few mins and it would show up.

Sparrow

• TF2 Admin - Rank: 1
  • Verified Member
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2014, 12:40:52 PM »
I get this message sometimes as well when there are 31/32 players and it won't even let me queue up (I'm in the states), so I don't think it's limited to places abroad.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2014, 01:00:57 PM by Sparrow »
Not all those who wander are lost.

Wolfpup

• TF2 Admin - Rank: 2
  • Junior Admin
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2014, 12:42:40 PM »
Same here Sparrow (31/32) though Canadian west coast rather than US.

Christian

• Ex-Server Admin
  • Verified Member
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2014, 01:09:16 PM »
Yup me too! I've seen it before and I just wait it out. You can't even go on queue lol.

Plasma

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
    • HyperionGaming.org
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2014, 01:40:40 PM »
It's an annoying bug. There are several reasons:
- We have a LOT of donors/admins that login at the same time. Since these are 32 slot servers, we don't have actual reserved slots, we have to kick someone to make room.
- We also have a plugin that tries to avoid kicking Verified Members to make room for a reserved slot user (Donors and Admins can't be kicked.)
- The 31/32 bug also happens when an Admin/Donor connects (using the reserved slot system) at the same time than you. The plugin kicks a player, but prevents you from logging in because an Admin/Donor is already connecting, and that's why it shows Server Full, even though it says 31/32.

However, it is still a bug, and I'm still trying to find a way to solve it.
Public Group:
--
Private Group:

Wolfpup

• Junior Admin
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2014, 03:01:14 PM »
Yeah, it rarely takes more than 10 seconds of retrying to get through it. Not a big deal, just one of those things.

Christian

• Ex-Server Admin
  • Verified Member
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2014, 04:59:12 PM »
I've heard from some ppl that it only get's fixed after the map change. But I've observed that some people were still connecting while that other person was still getting an error. Maybe the error is client based?

H. McCringleberry

• Verified Member
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2014, 06:43:22 PM »
Thanks for the info guys, looking forward to a solution.

Also, I'm really NA. The Christmas Island flag is just pretty :3

Plasma

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
    • HyperionGaming.org
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2014, 06:50:52 PM »
No, I doubt it's a client-side issue.

The bug started happening when I installed the plugin that kicks players to make room when the server is full based on immunity. VMs have a low immunity level, but non-VMs have none, so the plugin tries to kick them first. It's also setup as to try to kick a player without creating team imbalance (that would then trigger the autbalance/scramble plugin), so often it will kick unassigned players or spectators (that have no immunity level).

It's possible the plugin kicks a player that is still connecting, which then might create a "ghost" player on the server. I'll change some settings around a bit and see if it helps. I understand it's very frustrating, but I think all regulars would agree that the alternative (plugin kicks VMs as well) is worse.

I'll look into alternatives if I can't setup the immunity plugin the way I want.
Public Group:
--
Private Group:

Eraserpie

• Verified Member
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2014, 07:55:41 PM »
I experience this glitch almost every time I try to get on to the server. I'll opt for the "auto-join" option, wait the usual 5-10 minutes and hope that I don't get that message. Its usually about a 50% chance I get the message and get kicked and 50% I don't. Any fix?
hi its hairflip

Sparrow

• TF2 Admin - Rank: 1
  • Verified Member
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2014, 08:30:15 PM »
Yeah, it's still happening. The server is full every time, it just won't allow auto join. You have to wait until there are "30/32" players which in reality is 31, and even more likely that someone was kicked to make room. I can see how it's frustrating for people.
Not all those who wander are lost.

Plasma

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
    • HyperionGaming.org
« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2014, 09:14:16 PM »
Unfortunately, there's no permanent fix yet. It auto-corrects itself at some point (usually map change), but we have so many donors/admins all playing on one server. Sometimes, you'll see 31/32 and it will let you connect, but what actually happened was a donor/admin used his reserved slot access, which kicked someone on the server to make room for her/him. That spot is then reserved, and when your SteamID is not recognized by Sourcemod, it will kick you with "Server full".

Then, a donor might leave and Sourcemod gets confused, and thinks that last spot is reserved for a donor that is currently joining. It's far from perfect and very annoying, I agree. TF2 supports 32 slots max (+1 for replay/sourceTV), and if we want to be able to use all 32 slots at all times, we have to use this system.

The other issue is another plugin that tries to avoid kicking VMs to make room for donors/admins. I think this is the one that creates this "ghost" player (31/32 => full). I've tried different settings, but its the same problem. In the future, I'll try something else.
Public Group:
--
Private Group:

Wolfpup

• Junior Admin
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2014, 09:20:02 AM »
Even as admin I have also run into this glitch. (Not a lot but it's happened.) As mentioned, it tends to fix itself in short order but can indeed be frustrating.