*AuthorTopic: Wolfpups personal feelngs getting in the way of playing peacefully  (Read 9398 times)

Vector-Alpha

• Verified Member
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
While I am emphatic when I play, since the server has become auto-join and I often default to Enforcers team, his friends and he tell me not to talk, and then talk shit about me. When I do speak up about the way they are treating me, a few times I have been banned. I pay my monthly fee and have been playing on this server for several years - Enforcer is maybe on here for 3 or 4 years and like I have pointed out, he doesnt like when I talk and his friends agree (trinsic and wolfpup-mostly), so I totally feel like they are bullying me. I will report this type of behaviour to Steam if they continue to abuse this admin previlage on TF2 or any other game, not cool. I have dozens of friends playing on this server and I will petition them to boycott Hyperion because of abusive treament. Please address this issue. No one else complains about my speaking during gameplay, in fact I am often encouraged to speak. Individual players can mute if they don't want to hear me talk, but these guys have gone too far.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2022, 08:22:55 PM by Vector-Alpha »

cowking

• Moo
  • Verified Member
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Moo
    • View Profile
Re: Enforcers personal feelngs getting in the way of playing peacefully
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2022, 07:51:19 PM »
Wolfcunt was threated to ban me by speaking out for Vector when I messaged Enforcer.  I told Enforcer it is not fair to Vector he could have just muted him and play the game.  When Enforcer spoke on the server telling me don't talk to him about it and that's when Wolfcunt said one more word from me he is going to ban me too.

drpan

• Verified Member
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2022, 07:54:17 PM »
Wolfcunt was threated to ban me by speaking out for Vector when I messaged Enforcer.  I told Enforcer it is not fair to Vector he could have just muted him and play the game.  When Enforcer spoke on the server telling me don't talk to him about it and that's when Wolfcunt said one more word from me he is going to ban me too.

alainreid

• Verified Member
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2022, 08:04:30 PM »
I had the same shit happen tonight.  Apparently, if you disagree with an admin now they can say you're personally "targeting" them, but I'm not targeting you because of who you are, I'm targeting you because of your role as admin and the decisions you make.  How am I a bully for speaking against admins?  You can't have it both ways.

I got autobalanced and the instant I hit the other team wolfpup started going in on me for being sniper.  I ended up leaving and playing a different game because he just wouldn't accept that I just got autobalanced. 

I started playing here because I saw all the chevrons from slaughterhouse people, but it's really becoming a weird dramatic place and not so fun.

I understand that since I made my other post that I've been placed on a list by enforcer and wolfpup of people who have complained.  If it's really like that on this server, just ban people and don't be all dramatic.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2022, 08:08:41 PM by alainreid »

Billy Anders

• Verified Member
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2022, 08:29:08 PM »
I know Vector can be loud and annoying but this doesn't seem like a bannable issue. People can simply mute vector on their end. If he was tele-griefing, harasssing people, or hacking etc.. it would make 100% sense but banning him because he is loud? Overkill imo.

Wolfpup has a right to be frustrated but to flip out like that to cowking and threaten a ban when he hasn't broken any rule? cmon

- Vade
« Last Edit: August 06, 2022, 12:07:51 AM by Billy Anders »

infinite

• Donor
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
Re: Wolfpups personal feelngs getting in the way of playing peacefully
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2022, 08:31:15 PM »
I hope this ban appeal/complaint gets seen and addressed for a few reasons.

First-  Vector can be loud or exuberant on the server, but he doesn't speak out more than a lot of other regular players do, and he is infinitely more positive when he does speak. He gives gameplay tips and strategies, and he encourages players to do stuff to win or support the team. By contrast, many of the other talkative regulars are such emotion-sucking vampire downers to listen to that you're left with the choice of muting them or slitting your fucking wrists to end your exposure to their personal drama. If the general admin consensus about dealing with the overly-talkative-but-sad players is to use your personal mute to avoid listening to them - it stands to reason that using your personal mute to avoid hearing Vector should be the go-to action, too.

Second - Vector was banned by an admin (Wolfpup) with a strong history of questionable decisions and behavior. Aside from his batshit insane personal history which he's publicly shared with the entire server on more than one occasion, he has no qualms about threatening players or screaming at them over the mic. When I say screaming, I really and truly mean screaming on the microphone. The way he addresses players he doesn't agree with is disrespectful and abhorrent, and I was (& am shocked) an admin is allowed to behave in such a way. When I say that, I am speaking from a place of experience too - I was an admin for the BHS/Slaughterhouse servers for approx.. 5 years, and any admin acting as Wolfpup acts would've been bounced so fast his head would spin. Wolfpup also does almost nothing in the server outside of change the map to Great Heights when he's upset a team wins a round too fast, and you can see that in his sourceban activity page - when compared to other admins, even admins who play less, he has handed out almost no valid bans in years.

So to sum it all up - if personal mutes are the way most of the admin team advises we deal with players we don't want to hear, and the admins themselves use personal mutes to avoid hearing from players - maybe just unban Vector and allow the admins to personally mute him if they don't want to hear him. On a deeper level, though, you have an admin, Wolfpup, running around and *only* handing out bans for players he doesn't like, threatening players he doesn't agree with, and just generally bringing the place down.

Lieutenant Letdown

• Verified Member
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2022, 08:52:07 PM »
Free Vector until its backwards

StrangerDanger

• Donor
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2022, 09:00:56 PM »
Heres my take. For what its worth.

I had vector muted for years. And I recently unmuted him. Hes tolerable now. Even often fun. But, anyone has the option to mute him.
A few months back when you had the choice to join a team, it would always be certain players on one team, certain players on the other. The one team would nearly always beat the other team. Handily. My view is, enforcer is a good admin but a team killer as a player. I would ALWAYS go opposite him. The proof is in the pudding with a 30% win rate. But as a player hes well known for talking politics. Exclusively left wing politics. Any response would be rebuked. If you didnt agree with his politics you would be shut down. Honestly, we have parks bigger than his country. I dont care about his opinion on covid, donald trump or anything else. As a player? He will nearly always lead the board. But he requires a medic to play. And thats often wolfpup. And he rarely wins. Because hes talking about movies, or politics, or sheep or whateever while on the other team we have call outs and precise locations of guns and teleporters. The guy is a good admin but in my opinion a team killer as a player. I do not like playing on his team and when given the choice would go opposite. But that option was shut down because one team was nearly always winning over the other team.
Wolfpup is a team killer. A year or so ago we opened on a map and 9 seconds into the map, sawmill I believe, wolfpup was perma healing (ATTACHED and never breaks from enforcer) and a spy killed wolfpup. Enforcer and wolfpup went ballistic on pyros for not spy checking. Very similar to the voice file above. At that point I muted enforcer. Wolfpup will often demand that the team plays 3 engies and 3 medics and if the team doesnt, he'll then start complaining how we're going to lose and about his back. Who are you to tell others what to play? what makes you qualified? Its a 15 year old F2P non comp game. People should play what they have fun with. NO ONE elected ANYONE team leader. So stop giving orders. but if you dont listen you will be yelled at. Unfortunately, I cannot just switch teams and avoid the drama these two bring to the game. Now im forced to be on their team.

I play this game for 4-5 reasons.

I dont give a single, solitary fuck about a win or a loss. I do love a really good game tho. But I play because I enjoy blowing people off cliffs, spawn camping as pyro, teabagging and my custom made sprays. I dont need wolfpup yelling at me or others to play a certain class, usually to make him feel better about himself or to enhance his game play. I own my own company and I am my own boss. I dont get on TF2 to have a boss tell me what to do.

I undertstand the other night enforcer was calling me names and talking smack. Which is truly sad because I cannot even hear him. If I dont like someone or wish to play with them I will simply switch teams, mute them or leave and come back like an adult.

Some assign themselves the role of team leader. And yes, admins are often abusing their powers. Dont even get me started on enzo and killing the server. Tonight even the map was switching constantly without input. the map doesnt need admins to switch the server constantly. Players have RTV for that and if they decide to switch and the mob agrees, the server will be switched.

Anyway, i play here because sometimes really old, talented and skilled players still come here. I enjoy the occasional really good game in a game that ive dedicated well more than 15 years to.

Zed

• Verified Member
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2022, 09:38:24 PM »
I think the bottom line is that this ban is totally unjustified since its on the premise of one admin being mad at a donor for taking the spotlight away from them since it meant that they themselves couldn't unload their own personal baggage and get sympathy from the rest of the server. In the end we get Vector being banned for a week so an admin can feel better about themselves.

I would 100% rather listen to a player talk about the game, even if it is rambling and incoherent at times (lol), than listen to someone drone on and on about their own personal problems with drugs and painkillers and grievances with other players. The server is not your personal therapy session. Please find help elsewhere.

We also have a lot of new admins that actually play on the server instead of showing up time to time to create drama, so maybe the admin list needs a bit of pruning.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2022, 11:13:32 PM by Zed »

StrangerDanger

• Donor
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2022, 11:39:51 PM »
Just gonna throw this out there. I'd offer $1500 for the server.

trinsic

• Verified Member
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
    • Team Positive Thinking Gaming
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2022, 03:16:35 PM »
So for the record I like playing with Vector. And I dont think it should be a banable offense. Maybe a temp voice mute. The problem I have is with the volume of voice traffic he is sending. Most of it repetitive which is good to get the team motivated. But in my judgement not very helpful from a tactical perspective.

I asked him a few times if he could cut down on the amount of messages he is sending through voice chat, so I could get some critical locations out to the rest of the team and I get the usual "Shut er mouth" response. That's fine, but not really helpful either.

So I think yes I could and do mute him but relevant information that other people want to communicate to the rest of the team often gets drowned out by Vectors communications. I give him shit about it because he cant distinguish between helpful and not helpful communication. Its just like someone that wants to be heard kind of scenario.

I know there are many on this server that just want to have fun and don't really care about the quality of voice communication, but the quality of it has a significant impact on the gaming experience for everyone IMHO.
My ask is that have fun, and talk about things, but when it comes to out of game related voice communication, or if you find that you are talking a lot and preventing others from getting there voice out about the game, please keep that stuff brief. There are also people that like to play tactical, even if this is TF2.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2022, 03:19:19 PM by trinsic »

Kittie

• Verified Member
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2022, 04:25:07 PM »
Hello Everyone!!!
Wow! I read everyone's post regarding the issue at hand. I respect everyone's thoughts, opinions and expressions. There is so much to say about the individual players on Hyperion. Some come to have fun, some want to be a real team player, some players want good communication in game while others just want to enjoy socializing and talk about stuff, like politics, lighting someone's tip etc.  or whatever comes up. I still love playing on Hyperion. I except that some individuals who are mostly male/gay/panda or however they want to identify themselves as, can be rude and just plain insecure when they are mean to others or to me! for that matter.

I would say I'm very competitive and love a good game when both teams give it their all!!

What I would like to express is that I enjoy everyone's individuality and I feel we are all kids inside that are still working on our own emotional intelligence. We all love playing TF2 and I think each and every one of us should take responsibility in how we react to each other. All of us are not perfect and we all need to be respected (have fun and kid around) but not hurting each other. We all error and we all need to allow others to make mistakes without someone feeling ostracized. I love those who try to communicate and encourage others in game. Sure, we might all get excited and be rowdy at times but that's normal. 

I feel ostracizing, banning, vote mute and punishing individuals without fair waring is wrong. Each player can mute others if they want and should not influence others to do so. However, each one should look at themselves and give yourself an honest evaluation if you have been rude, abusive toward others and no one has called you OUT on it yet!!! I know some who have. Look at yourself and then issues will be resolved.  Stop pointing at people and let's look at ourselves to see HOW WE CAN CHANGE and not the other person.  I have been abused on this Hyperion Server, but I know who I am because I chose to play here and stand on my own with my warrior self.  Be the change you want to see and if not its not the other person's fault.  Thank you and continue to be kind to YOURSELF
« Last Edit: August 06, 2022, 04:28:35 PM by Kittie »

Roone

• Donor
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2022, 04:26:43 PM »
I am saying this as someone who doesn't like Vector and thinks he is insufferable. Banning him is stupid it's not any different than anyone else running their mouth on the server desperate for attention. I find it annoying because I like to keep things short and to the point. But I have no control over other people so I just mute them if I have a problem with it.

And as someone who has been on the receiving end of Wolfpup's vitriol for nothing more than not having a firm grasp on the game yet. Wolfpup needs to calm his tits. He loses his temper too easily which could be attributed to his chronic pain, but I have similar health issues and I'm not just raging at everyone

blarky

• Verified Member
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2022, 06:04:26 PM »
I guess Wolfpup was having a bad day, he was even yelling at Hankey before the ban happened (and who ever yells at Hankey?  .... j/k don't answer that question LOL):

I don't have any video of the Vector ban itself unfortunately.  I was on the other team when it happened and heard about it after the fact, so it's hard to form an unbiased opinion. 

That said, from all the comments here and from everything else I heard, it appears Vector was banned out of emotion, and not because he broke any server rules.  (but prove me wrong otherwise, maybe there's something I missed).

We all know Vector can consume the voice channel with high utilization (which a precious resource since there is only 1 channel per team).  And muting is the only option you can if you're in the latter group, but understandably this function is far from perfect and has other consequences.  Anyway, everyone has an opinion on him, love him or hate him. 

There's varying levels of skill and try-hardness on this server as well.  I'm very competitive inside, and want to win most of the time, but no matter what I'm always looking to have fun.  So much so, that I made a youtube channel to post any crazy or funny moment that I witnessed, or was a part of.  I love this community and hope to be part of it for a long time to come. 

« Last Edit: August 06, 2022, 06:06:17 PM by blarky »

Axian

• Donor
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Instagram Influencer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2022, 06:29:10 PM »
This server went from being one of the best to quickly devolving into a shit show, all because of petty admin abuse. The admin team should be culled because some people just can't handle a little bit of inconsequential authority.

Enforcer has become a full on mall cop recently. Banning people needlessly, petitioning for a shitty script to force teams, which ruins the entire dynamic of the team selection and scrambles strategic play. Things were working fine for a long time.

For the record, I've had Vector muted from the beginning because some nights I don't want to be hyped. This is fine. He doesn't bother me. He's one of the sweetest guys in this cursed game. But banning someone because you choose to listen to their helpful gameplay commentary and getting steamed over it, it's entirely on you.

Plasma, you don't need 20 Karens ruining this place needlessly. Get rid of this stupid script, thin out the admin team and things will go back to normal.

Here's an idea: if you don't like playing on a losing team, get better or join the stronger team. There's no such thing as "team stacking". You can join whichever team you want. Ironically, the new auto-balance script is easily gamed and you can also jump into spec and choose the team if you're an admin. Funny how that works.

tl;dr Vector did nothing wrong.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2022, 06:39:33 PM by Axian »