*AuthorTopic: kicked for slot reservation  (Read 3158 times)

ATARIS

• Eat it Hankey.
  • Verified Member
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
kicked for slot reservation
« on: July 06, 2013, 06:53:10 AM »
Hey I just wanted to address a weird issue regarding this.

I recently introduced my friend deluzions to TF2/Hyperion and he is now a regular.  Like most regulars they have to wait a bit for a slot to open up.

I'm not sure what rules are being used, but it has now been 100% guaranteed that when I join thru my slot reservation that he gets kicked when I join.  He can be in the server for hours yet he'll get kicked whenever I join.  Is there a way to instead kick the most recent person who joined rather than just him every single time?

Christian

• Ex-Server Admin
  • Verified Member
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
Re: kicked for slot reservation
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2013, 07:22:03 AM »
that's weird it should be set to random. however I think if it kicked off the newest player who joined (after waiting for a long time to join) alot of players will get pissed. I like that it's in random. so that everybody is hit equally.

i do feel bad when i kick somebody, and some of them message me that i kicked them... lol i just feel guilty and leave to let them back in. so if I kicked anybody just message me :p
« Last Edit: July 06, 2013, 07:24:24 AM by Chainspell »

Plasma

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
    • HyperionGaming.org
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2013, 12:21:34 PM »
Now this is very strange. It's currently set to kick someone without reserved slot access, no other specific reasons; it should be random.

I'll install an additional plugin to provide more control over who should be kicked. I'll think about the details and let you guys know when the changes are live.
Public Group:
--
Private Group:

ATARIS

• Eat it Hankey.
  • Verified Member
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2013, 12:45:30 PM »
It's weird, I mean the only reason I can think that he gets kicked most of the time is cause he hasn't been playing in the server as long as the rest of the people in it?

ATARIS

• Eat it Hankey.
  • Verified Member
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2013, 01:58:43 PM »
I do agree with teh random selection....it's just gotten to the point where I am 100% sure when i type the command to join the server HE gets kicked lol.  It's funny (only for me).

that's weird it should be set to random. however I think if it kicked off the newest player who joined (after waiting for a long time to join) alot of players will get pissed. I like that it's in random. so that everybody is hit equally.

i do feel bad when i kick somebody, and some of them message me that i kicked them... lol i just feel guilty and leave to let them back in. so if I kicked anybody just message me :p

Plasma

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
    • HyperionGaming.org
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2013, 02:43:59 PM »
As I mentioned in my last post, I'm working on a better system. Regular players should be kicked less often when an Admin/Donor uses a reserved slot. I will explain the details when the changes are live.
Public Group:
--
Private Group:

Plasma

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
    • HyperionGaming.org
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2013, 12:22:58 PM »
Alright, so I made some changes to the reservation slots plugin.

Whenever an admin or a Donor connects when the server is full, a player will be kicked under these conditions:
- Admins, Donors are always immune.
- Verified Members have low immunity (meaning, they should rarely be kicked).
- Spectators will be kicked first (except if they have immunity).
- Player with the lowest time played on the current map will be kicked (a player that just joined). A random player without immunity will be kicked.
- Special condition: the plugin will try to avoid triggering team auto-balance.

With this system, it should always pick a random "normal" player (not Donors nor VMs) or "normal" spectator when deciding who to kick.

Please let me know if you like these changes and if it's working properly. I haven't had time to do proper testing.

If the feedback is positive, I'll change the VM page to include being (somewhat) immune to reservation slots kicker.

EDIT:
Decided to change who should be kicked from shortest time on map to [dot]RANDOM[/dot]. Otherwise, the same player could be kicked multiple times if multiple donors logged in at the same time.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2013, 02:35:27 PM by Plasma »
Public Group:
--
Private Group:

Falconeer

• Verified Member
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Friendly fire isn't...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2013, 07:02:24 AM »
Of course, you could add an option where for an additional $5 donation you could PICK who you want kicked....  :P

Plasma

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
    • HyperionGaming.org
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2013, 11:57:50 AM »
Hehe, now that would be evil. Too evil for us ;)
Public Group:
--
Private Group: