*AuthorTopic: Server is down again  (Read 6888 times)

trinsic

• Verified Member
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
    • Team Positive Thinking Gaming
Re: Server is down again
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2023, 06:43:35 PM »
Plasma I am not angry. I know how hard it is to maintain a server or at least work with service providers to handle issues like this. Having the server down has given me time to do other things :D

ATARIS

• Eat it Hankey.
  • Verified Member
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2023, 06:26:50 AM »
Plasma, altough you cant provide detail, is there a pattern in the time of the attack, time and day? Read if it random or when the server is mostly populated.

That could indicate somone that know well the server habits.

Wow, Detective Hankey, we all could not figure that out!  THANK YOU.

Hermanbaggins

• Verified Member
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2023, 01:02:19 PM »
To create a Team Fortress 2 game server, you will need to follow these steps:

Download the Team Fortress 2 Dedicated Server software from the SteamCMD website.

Install SteamCMD on your computer. This is the command-line version of the Steam client, and it is used to download and update dedicated servers.

Open a command prompt and navigate to the directory where you installed SteamCMD.

Use the command "steamcmd +login anonymous +force_install_dir [directory]" to download the Team Fortress 2 server files to the specified directory.

Once the download is complete, navigate to the "tf" subfolder within the specified directory.

Create a new text file called "srcds.exe" and open it in a text editor.

Paste the following command into the text file: "srcds -game tf -console -maxplayers 24 +map cp_dustbowl"

Save the text file and then run it. This will start the Team Fortress 2 dedicated server.

You can then use the server's console to configure various settings, such as the max player count, map rotation, and more.

Please note that the above steps are basic instruction, and some other steps or considerations may be necessary depending on your operating system and network setup.

Hermanbaggins

• Verified Member
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2023, 01:02:48 PM »

Download the Team Fortress 2 Dedicated Server software from the SteamCMD website.

Install SteamCMD on your computer. This is the command-line version of the Steam client, and it is used to download and update dedicated servers.

Open a command prompt and navigate to the directory where you installed SteamCMD.

Use the command "steamcmd +login anonymous +force_install_dir [directory]" to download the Team Fortress 2 server files to the specified directory.

Once the download is complete, navigate to the "tf" subfolder within the specified directory.

Paste the following command into the text file: "srcds -game tf -console -maxplayers 24 +map cp_dustbowl"

Save the text file and then run it. This will start the Team Fortress 2 dedicated server.

You can then use the server's console to configure various settings, such as the max player count, map rotation, and more.

Please note that the above steps are basic instruction, and some other steps or considerations may be necessary depending on your operating system and network setup.

Axian

• Donor
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Instagram Influencer
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2023, 05:08:15 PM »

Amazing! Now all we need is to find someone with a fast enough internet connection like ISDN and a Gateway computer to set it all up

Headkitten

• Verified Member
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2023, 01:25:23 PM »
Plasma, it's been at least a week of this happening with no updates at all/end in sight. Is there anything you can tell us that you are doing to try to resolve this? A timeline of when we will be able to play on HG again? Anything at all? Or should I just give up hope and start playing on another server?

shareiff

• Verified Member
  • Activity:
    0%
  • PUSH IT!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2023, 03:52:11 PM »
Hey All I made a new server.

[TAR]NATION | Payload | US-West | tarnation.gg

type 'connect tarnation.gg:27015' in the console.

Also made a discord because im looking for map and server rule suggestions. I also think it would be easier for the community to stay in touch.

https://discord.gg/Vqe7tW3H

Plasma

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
    • HyperionGaming.org
« Reply #22 on: January 31, 2023, 11:51:18 AM »
Hey guys,

The server will be down today ("how is it different from the past 10 days?!").

I'll have another update hopefully tonight otherwise tomorrow.

Thank you for your patience!
Public Group:
--
Private Group:

Kekolas

• Verified Member
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 31, 2023, 12:10:23 PM »
Thank you Plasma! I'm sure I speak for everyone here when I say that we appreciate the time and effort you and the other admins are putting in to resolve this problem.

Thank you for your updates!

ATARIS

• Eat it Hankey.
  • Verified Member
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 31, 2023, 02:58:53 PM »
Thank you Plasma! I'm sure I speak for everyone here when I say that we appreciate the time and effort you and the other admins are putting in to resolve this problem.

Thank you for your updates!

You're so nice Lego, thanks!~

Supervark

• Donor
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 31, 2023, 03:59:12 PM »
No worries Plasma I can understand the frustration. This happened to the TN servers a couple of years ago. Personally, I detest the twats who do this and ruin things for other people. There is a special hell for these scum.

Skunk

• Donor
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 01, 2023, 05:14:16 PM »

Thank you for coming to my Ted talk
https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197963341084

MvM Tours - Oil Spill 21, Steel Trap 15, Mecha Engine 48, Two Cities 343, Gear Grinder 17

Plasma

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
    • HyperionGaming.org
« Reply #27 on: February 02, 2023, 12:21:17 AM »
Quick update:
The server changed IP: 162.248.94.208:27015

It should automatically sync when you launch TF2 and your favorites list in the server browser.
There's still some work to be done, as the attacks have not stopped. It will take some time. I'll let you guys know.
Public Group:
--
Private Group:

StrangerDanger

• Donor
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 02, 2023, 03:11:09 PM »
Well done, Plasma. Im sure that was frustrating. I've been itching to burn Ataris's face too.

StrangerDanger

• Donor
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 02, 2023, 06:08:26 PM »
Is the server up?