*AuthorTopic: Suggestions for Donor AFK privileges  (Read 2928 times)

Active members:
n.(1) Wolfpup(1) DrQuantum(1)

n.

• Verified Member
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
Suggestions for Donor AFK privileges
« on: January 09, 2015, 10:24:19 AM »
As much as I appreciate being able to take care of something around the house (or take a poop) and not be kicked from the server, there are times when something comes up and I get distracted and forget I was in game, only to discover HOURS later that I've been in spec the whole time, taking up a server slot. Kinda makes me feel like an asshole.

It would be nice if there was still an auto-kick, albeit with a longer timeout than non-donors. Like an hour? Or 30 minutes even? There's really no reason to be completely idle for that long, donor or not.

On the flipside, it would be nice if the move-to-spectator timeout was a tad bit longer for donors. 60 seconds is pushing it if I really have to pee. 75-90 seconds would be a lot better.

Anyway there's my 2c.

Wolfpup

• TF2 Admin - Rank: 2
  • Junior Admin
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
Re: Suggestions for Donor AFK privileges
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2015, 11:34:21 AM »
Agreed.

I've been kicking people the last few days that I've noticed have been in there waaaaaaay longer than should be allowed. (Like entire maps.)

Some tweaking is in order me thinks.

DrQuantum

• Verified Member
  • Activity:
    0%
  • aka FishFrog
    • View Profile
Re: Suggestions for Donor AFK privileges
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2015, 11:50:58 AM »
Agreed with both points n. made. I can barely get a drink and sit back down before the 60 second afk timer moves to spectate. Also, in regard to being in spectate for an unlimited amount of time, it does seem like it could be greatly reduced to something reasonable. The whole benefit of the reserved slot is being able to launch right back into the server so it doesn't really matter if someone goes AFK in server or quits first.