*AuthorTopic: Collector's chemistry set?  (Read 2945 times)

Active members:
chuy409(1) l0ckd0wn(2)

chuy409

• Verified Member
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
Collector's chemistry set?
« on: December 04, 2013, 12:34:42 AM »
I have seen a collector's professional killstreak strange pomson. Is it possible to make strange collector's? If so, What are the steps to making it like this? I want to put a collectors quality on my professional skullcutter. I just get the completed chemistry for it and just apply it to my professional strange skullcutter or must I remove professional killstreak then put collectors THEN add professional kit? I would hate to remove the kit since it was pretty expensive to make.

Edit: I believe you cant apply it to a weapon. The set just creates the weapon instead of letting you pick a weapon. Oh well. Sorry for making this thread.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2013, 01:14:13 AM by chuy409 »

l0ckd0wn

• Verified Member
  • Activity:
    0%
  • All Around Steam Junkie
    • View Profile
Re: Collector's chemistry set?
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2014, 07:44:16 PM »
The chemistry sets work as an [INPUT]=[OUTPUT] scenario where you get the output after the input criteria is met.  Theoretically I think you could apply the strangifier for the Pomson to a Collector's grade Pomson, but I'm not completely certain.  From there I know you can add a Pro/Specialized kit to the item.

I don't see a lot of value in the "Collector's" grade items because they are not strange, and really I only see Strange items as being worth something when a Pro/Specialized kit is attached.  It's just my person POV, but I think the stat tracking was one of the best things they have done for TF2.  The collector's stuff seems like a step sideways, something that people with lots of loot may pursue, but the average person has next to no desire for.
(-TN-) l0ckd0wn

l0ckd0wn

• Verified Member
  • Activity:
    0%
  • All Around Steam Junkie
    • View Profile
Re: Collector's chemistry set?
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2014, 09:58:03 PM »
I want to add that this is my Strange Professional Killstreak Pomson, so I can't see why you couldn't make a Collector's Pomson into a Strange Collector's Pomson with the respective Strangifier.
(-TN-) l0ckd0wn