*AuthorTopic: Remove Random Critical Hits  (Read 6794 times)

epfcg

• Verified Member
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
Remove Random Critical Hits
« on: January 25, 2015, 11:26:15 PM »
I believe a lot of players would like to see critical hits removed and be able to play tf2 more competitively without randomly dying when they really shouldn't have. Competitive tf2 players don't play with random crits because the only randomness we need should be entirely situational as a result of player's own actions.  It is fairly easy to remove crits and am really wondering what the rest of you would want to see done.

Plasma

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
    • HyperionGaming.org
Re: Remove Random Critical Hits
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2015, 11:42:45 AM »
Unfortunately, random crits are needed to remain a Quickplay server. Quickplay isn't as great as it used to be, but I still think it represents at least 8-12% of our incoming traffic maybe more, depending on time of day.
--
Public Group:
--
Private Group:

DrunkUncle

• Verified Member
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2015, 01:23:18 PM »
I say disable the random crits and see if it affects server traffic that much. If it does then enable them again. Random crits with 32 people is ridiculous and I think it would be a lot more fun without them. The amount of people who would come to the server as a result of no random crits might offset the losses from no quick play.
"But if you were right and someone was using a bot then recording a demo and posting it here and having someone experienced review it tick by tick would reveal that bot and you could "catch" me."
"I was never kicked from the server?"

epfcg

• Verified Member
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2015, 06:39:33 PM »
Well for now i'll talk to people playing and remake this in tf2 general discussion since its in natural selection right now.

Plasma

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
    • HyperionGaming.org
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2015, 11:39:14 AM »
Since you opened the same thread in the right board, I'll close this one. I'll delete this thread in a week.
Public Group:
--
Private Group: