*AuthorTopic: Spoofy Griefing  (Read 21365 times)

Meical

• Verified Member
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
Spoofy Griefing
« on: December 25, 2015, 01:43:30 PM »
The player commonly known as Spoofy on the payload server has been griefing quite a few players since he started there. We cannot kick/ban him without an admin present because he has a script to change his name to another players on the server. Or he leaves and reconnects before the ban/kick is initiated. We were just dealing with this as I am posting this. He's been harassing people for no reason. I've asked people to mute him, but it doesn't seem to work. Name change unmutes people sometimes. But the reason it doesn't work is some people seem to encourage him so it is amplified at times. The harassment is getting worse over time.

Meical

• Verified Member
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
Re: Spoofy Griefing
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2015, 01:45:17 PM »
Moved from another section of the forum. Apologies, it was in the wrong place initially.

Legolols

• Verified Member
  • Activity:
    0%
  • I play CS.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2015, 01:53:08 PM »
I'll speak to what he's been doing to me personally but I think it's everyone that's tired of this guy.

He'll come in and change his name to Hankey and start making sexual comments to me or other female players. He's made sexual remarks regarding me and other players and aside from that he's just been very cringey with how he treats everyone on the server.

His name changing is one of the worst things because I never know if I'm going to hear harassment or not. I think he's called me the entire barnyard roster of animals and of course calling me fat over and over... At any other time at least I could prepare myself for it but he's always under a different name.

Not really asking for a ban but in my experience he defiantly deserves one.

Enforcer{EMC}

• TF2 Admin - Rank: 2
  • Game Server Admin
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2015, 04:17:57 PM »
hi
ok i agree i have herd him atacking lego personlly and i find it very grating.  what we did with junk shot is perminatly muted him. that could be and option i have kicked him a few times for the name changing thing and warned him and kicked  him.  the perminat mute thing after a warning may work then he can still play without trolling the women on the server because its not just lego that gets it.  ill talk to plasma about it
Enforcer{EMC}

Bonkers!!

• Verified Member
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2015, 08:41:44 PM »
 ???
OH MY
GOD 
BECKY
::)
 :D
« Last Edit: December 31, 2015, 05:54:16 PM by Bonkers!! »

HappyClown

• Verified Member
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2015, 11:08:47 PM »
Yes, he can be a pain. Unfortunately, i don't think his intention, most of the time, is to grief or mic spam--it's who he is. That can be uncomfortable to grasp your mind around, but yeah, they exist and he is one of them. That doesn't condone the hurtful things he says since it gets in the way of the playful riffing and ribbing no matter what stranger he is and I agree on the pseudo muteban. On the other hand, there are times when he comes on the server, stays quiet all by himself or limits himself to gameplay like a grown man and people want to insta-votekick him simply because he's he. I don't like this practice, even though I know his sole presence discourages the more softhearted (or frankly tired of the guy) players from engaging in the fun, because it simply shouldn't be a wild west revenge with pitchforks scenario.

Quite frankly, it's the constant name changing and disconnecting to reconnect, the duplicity of it all, that bothers me most. Mute him if you want to teach him a lesson. But don't get rid of a player out of spite. It doesn't set a good example and it leads to even worse moderating.

IMHO

Also, I've no idea why this is my first post. Should probably stop to say hi on the introduction thread. :-\

Quick edit: Holy Christ these are some difficult captchas.

Bonkers!!

• Verified Member
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2015, 06:17:53 PM »
8)

rob28

• Verified Member
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2015, 06:38:25 PM »
:P :D

amankh.m6

• Verified Member
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2016, 12:20:33 PM »
Besides, the most annoying thing is that he shouts profanities while playing to everyone that gets in his way, does it constantly the whole game and it gets irritating listening to him while focusing on the game. He brings out his anger to the whole server and constantly tells them what to do the whole game.

Bonkers!!

• Verified Member
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2016, 06:57:45 PM »
Besides, the most annoying thing is that he shouts profanities while playing to everyone that gets in his way, does it constantly the whole game and it gets irritating listening to him while focusing on the game. He brings out his anger to the whole server and constantly tells them what to do the whole game.

Who? Meical? Just mute him  :-\ works for the rest of us!