*AuthorTopic: Apparently just got banned from a game, no idea why  (Read 4955 times)

• Verified Member
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
Apparently just got banned from a game, no idea why
« on: March 25, 2015, 03:19:03 AM »
So I was just in a game on Goldrush, playing red engy gunslinger/wrangler.  A new round started, and there were a few other engies, so I was concentrating on upgrading their buildings. Suddenly, I see a thing come up saying my name and Yes or No.  I say something to the effect of, "wut?" and then get disconnected.  My internet isn't the greatest, so I am used to the occasional lag or disconnect.  I reconnect and keep playing, upgrading teammates buildings during setup.  I mention in the chat that I got dropped, and notice people yelling at me. Then another thing comes up with my name and Yes or No, and I ask what it means, and someone says "it means to gtfo."  I get dropped again, and when I try to reconnect, it fails.  So I go look in the console and it says I'm banned.

So I just came here to see if I could find more information.  I tried following the directions on the sticky in here about appealing in SourceBans, but the link is dead, hence why I'm posting.  My steam ID is STEAM_0:1:308246 if that helps.  I know there's a bit of hate for mini-sentries out there, but this seems a little extreme, doesn't it?

Kzamo123

• Verified Member
  • Activity:
    0%
  • I do things with my thing and stuff.
    • View Profile
Re: Apparently just got banned from a game, no idea why
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2015, 03:41:21 AM »
wtf, people banned you for gunslinger? Are you sure? Thats fucked up if so.
I love you

Plasma

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
    • HyperionGaming.org
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2015, 10:10:48 AM »
Your SteamID isn't in our SourceBans database, which means most likely you got votebanned by other players, it lasts one hour. If you think you've been votebanned for no good reasons, please try to talk to an admin on Steam.

Players abusing the voteban system will be punished accordingly. You can easily see who started the voteban vote by looking in chat for players typing "/voteban". It requires a few players to trigger the vote. Then it will show the Kick window to every one with Yes or No.

While the system isn't fullproof, it still requires at least 3-4 players to trigger the vote, and then even more players to vote yes for it to kick someone. Using the gunslinger shouldn't be a kick reason, but maybe you did something else that bothered your team.

At any rate, you haven't been banned by an admin. You should be able to connect to the servers.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2015, 02:34:02 AM by Plasma »
Public Group:
--
Private Group:

rvns

• Verified Member
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2015, 02:32:01 AM »
you were kicked and then banned for having a teleporter that made people stuck. and not killing it when people asked you to do so