*AuthorTopic: Poor Adminship  (Read 1985 times)

alainreid

• Verified Member
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
Poor Adminship
« on: July 11, 2022, 06:11:59 PM »
Comment was removed because I guess using admin's steam name is bad form...
« Last Edit: November 04, 2022, 02:02:48 PM by alainreid »

alainreid

• Verified Member
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
Re: Poor Adminship
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2022, 07:50:04 PM »
You can check the server logs right now.  They just "shook the baby" about ten minutes ago.  Admin changed the map after a vote produced a map they didn't want to play.  People left on map change.  Admin changed the map again.  Almost everyone else left. 

You gotta at least stick with your first decision.  It's like if you were playing DJ, and you put on a song for your friend and you're like, this is the best song.  Then right before the hook, you're like, never mind this song is dumb. 

StrangerDanger

• Donor
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2022, 04:29:58 PM »
This was Tuesday night.

sooooooo the server puts up a vote. Off to badwater we go. Hey, it was voted for. So it needs to be played. Others are all NOOOOOOOOOOO badwater but the majority ruled and it is what it is. So admin sets the next map to borax, to which I replied something to the effect of "good job admin" because it sure as hell beats badwater. I understand excalibur, that admin dude called me a whiny bitch which made me lolflzors because I cant hear him whine (I have respect for him as an admin but a terrible team mate, your mileage may vary and thats fine. I generally think hes a good admin). Ironically, I was being sincere as I felt it was a good call to step in and get away from badwater as its played 117 times a day. Anyway, so admin changes next map to Borax. Server dips a bit in players (cause no one likes fucking map changes constantly) and TWO MINUTES IN THE ADMIN CHANGES TO UPWARD TO "REPOPULATE THE SERVER" and the server dies for the night.

I shit you not. Its COMMON for ewok or whatever that other admins name is to change the server to another map a few minutes into a new map.

Heres the thing. The server needs an admin around VERY rarely. If the server sticks. Someones hacking. these kinds of things. The server does not need an admin changing maps constantly because they have the attention span of a brick. Its generally harmful to the server population and almost always accounts for loss of players which can quickly lead to a dead server.  Admins generally DO NOT need to be map deciders and map changers.

A two hour window between maps being played again would fix a lot of this.

Skunk

• Donor
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2022, 06:09:04 PM »
that soldiers a bloody spy
https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197963341084

MvM Tours - Oil Spill 21, Steel Trap 15, Mecha Engine 48, Two Cities 343, Gear Grinder 17

StrangerDanger

• Donor
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2022, 02:17:02 PM »
Good Evening,

I'm posting this here because it doesn't look like I can post in the TF2 sections.  I just happen to be in the forums today because Smile posted a poll and I was solicited for a response, and I feel like I would be remiss if I didn't leave an opinion on the current state of the admins for the payload server.  I criticized some of the things Enzo was doing when he was first given the admin powers, and I think it is totally natural that someone in a new position might be rough around the edges until they gain the necessary experience.  Instead of welcoming any such discussions, he just immediately muted me, then started talking shit about me.  It would have been a lot cooler if he would have engaged with me and at least talked shit to me when I had the opportunity to respond, but alas.   So, here are my criticisms in writing.  Enzo does a lot of crap that really turns the players off.  Some of the more disruptive actions are team scrambling seconds before the round starts leaving the red engies with no buildings, changing the map on the server multiple times in just a few minutes, forcing a map change to something only he wants to play when the whole server voted for a different map, not being open to map suggestions made by the community and assuming only he has good taste in maps, and not accepting any feedback about his actions as admin.  Out of all of these things the worst thing he does is change the server to a map he wants to play, then having a bunch of people leave because they don't want to play it, then changing the map one or two more times in the span of ten minutes, which really just makes sure that anyone who didn't leave the first time ends up leaving on the subsequent map changes.  He basically seems to think that if he just shakes the baby more, it will stop crying.  You're not going to just magically find a map that people want to play, and then have a bunch of people join right away.  There aren't 32 people sitting in the server browser waiting for the specific map they like.  Honestly, at this point, plenty of people are aware of Hyperion.  There are only a few decent community servers left with custom maps and 32 players.  You're not going to retain these players if you continue abusing your admin powers, and you're not going to fill the server by changing maps three times in ten minutes.

Also, waiting until after you've muted me to talk shit is super weak sauce.  If you're muting me to end the discussion, then end the discussion.  Don't bring up the fact that you have me muted over and over to rub it in.

Thank you,
Alain Reid

See new post. 3x this week. And that was only the 3 nights I was on. This really does need to be addressed. Its detrimental to the servers health and the players ability to just play the game.

SonicD

• Verified Member
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2022, 05:11:12 PM »
I try to get along with Enzo in game as best I can but I no longer try to work things out, I just leave knowing that nothing will ever change.  I've attached an image to this post in case anybody is curious as to why.

StrangerDanger

• Donor
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2022, 07:15:27 AM »
With all due respect to the admins, enzo has no idea what hes doing or his role in the game. He considers himself to be Map-Changer in Chief. Ive seen him log in, after not being in game for a period of time and change the map to metro, even though no one was complaining, in the middle of a round, with no input from the server. Enzo alone has killed the server more than any other single issue. I can appreciate that you are attempting to be friendly though. Its always a good way to go. See my recent post on this. 3x in three nights of play. Dead server due to map changing.

StrangerDanger

• Donor
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2022, 07:16:34 AM »
I'd like to note that this is not a knock on Enzo personally. I do not know him. And discussing factual events that have a negative impact is not being disrespectful.