*AuthorTopic: Payload Map List + Easy Custom Maps Download  (Read 6148 times)

Active members:
Plasma(2)

Plasma

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
    • HyperionGaming.org
Payload Map List + Easy Custom Maps Download
« on: July 22, 2013, 10:02:55 PM »
This post will show all the maps currently available the Payload Server. Check this thread often for changes!

* denotes new maps on the server.

MAPCYCLE:

As of 07/08/2016:
Official:
pl_goldrush
pl_badwater
pl_hoodoo_final
pl_upward
pl_barnblitz
pl_frontier_final
pl_thundermountain
pl_cactuscanyon
pl_borneo
pl_snowycoast
*pl_swiftwater_final1

Custom:
pl_badwater_pro_v9
pl_barnblitz_pro7c
pl_halfacre
pl_beerbowl_b6c
pl_cashworks_final1
pl_alpen_rc1
pl_curve
pl_deplane_b6
pl_dustbowl_b4
pl_everest_v5_b2
pl_millstone_rc7
pl_repository_rc3

Not in the mapcycle:
pl_manngrove_rc5
pl_metropolis_b5
pl_pier_b20
pl_rust_b7
pl_deadwood
pl_wintertown_v2
pl_great_heights_b3
pl_pharaoh_rc1
pl_outback_rc4
pl_stroika_b2
pl_happycow_Z4
plr_hightower
plr_pipeline
plr_nightfall_final
« Last Edit: July 08, 2016, 01:50:19 PM by Plasma »
Public Group:
--
Private Group:

Plasma

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
    • HyperionGaming.org
Re: Payload Map List + Easy Custom Maps Download
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2013, 10:27:20 PM »
How to easily download all our custom maps before joining our servers:

1). Download the MapDownloader tool.
2). Extract the tool somewhere on your computer.
3). Open the folder where you extracted the tool, then double-click on: MapDownloader.exe
4). Once the tool is loaded, click on URL at the bottom, and it should load all our available custom maps on the left.
5). Then click the [...] next to the "maps" directory.
6). Browse to your Team Fortress 2 installation folder in Steam. The path to your custom maps installation for TF2 from your Steam folder looks like:
Code: [Select]
C:/path/to/Steam/SteamApps/Common/Team Fortress 2/tf/download/maps
If you do not have a /maps/ folder inside /tf/download/ then you must create one before running the MapDownloader Tool.

7). Once you've set the right path to the "maps" directly as explained above, click Begin. You should see the tool download each custom map, then it will extract each in the right folder. Let it download all the maps, and when it says [DONE] next to all of them on the left, you're done and can close the tool!

You're now ready to join our servers and enjoy these awesome custom maps! (You will still need to download extra models/materials for some of these maps the first time, but they're very small size.)

Support:

Q1): When I begin the download, once it starts extracting the map, it gives me an error saying it can't continue extracting. What gives?
A1): This error often means you don't have a maps folder inside /Team Fortress 2/tf/download/. You must create this folder otherwise the tool cannot extract the maps there.

Q2): I don't understand what path I need to use for the maps directory. Where are these supposed to go?
A2): First, you must locate where you installed Steam. The default installation path for Windows 7 machines is usually: C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam Then, the path to your Team Fortress 2 custom maps is:
Code: [Select]
C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/SteamApps/common/Team Fortress 2/tf/download/maps 
If you don't see a /download/ or a /download/maps/ directory, you need to create them before attempting to use the MapDownloader tool.

Q3): I can't get the tool to work at all! Grr! How can I play these maps then?
A3): No worries. If you can't or don't want to use the MapDownloader tool, you don't have to! Your client will download all the necessary files whenever custom maps are played. You will just need to wait about a minute to download the maps before playing. We use a Fast Download server for all our custom content, so it should be pretty fast. This tool is simply a fast alternative way to download our maps.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2015, 12:21:41 PM by Plasma »
Public Group:
--
Private Group: