*AuthorTopic: Problems with IE and The site?  (Read 4132 times)

MegaMouseGW

• Verified Member
  • Activity:
    0%
  • This is a stickup. Gimme all your cheese.
    • View Profile
Problems with IE and The site?
« on: October 23, 2011, 11:22:48 AM »
Ok as the title says I ahve been having issues with your site and IE. Not sure what is going on but IE hangs and stops responding whenever I come here, and has done the same whenever I try to post. Hopefully this is an isolated issue and can be fixed because I love this group and will continue to support yall far into the future.

Plasma

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
    • HyperionGaming.org
Re: Problems with IE and The site?
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2011, 11:32:15 AM »
This is strange. I'm using IE to browse and post right now, and I see nothing wrong.
Does it just randomly times out when you move around the website? Or anywhere specific? Does it give you an error code when it hangs?

I must admin I'm using Chrome as my default browser, but I've tested the site using Firefox, Opera and IE, and everything was fine. Try to clear your browser cache and maybe cookies too. We did move the site around a bit, so you might still be using old cookies or session info in your browser cache somewhere.

But we'll figure this out, so please give us more info. We really want to be sure the site loads fast for all the major browsers.
Public Group:
--
Private Group:

MegaMouseGW

• Verified Member
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2011, 12:16:27 PM »
Ok here we go:
OS Windows Vista Home Premium 64 bit build 6.0.6002 service pack 2 build 6002
IE version 8.0.6001.19048
  No errors at all IE just hangs. I have tried FireFox with no problems at all. At home I have no problems at all either. I run W7 with IE 9 at home though. I tried to instal IE9 on my laptop but it wont let me see any websites and I am in contact with microsoft about this. It has only been happening since yall swapped servers. I don't think it is yall but maybe IE itself not sure but any help would be appreciated.

Hadden

• Ex-Server Admin
  • Verified Member
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2011, 12:42:45 PM »
IE is a pile of poor code and useless garbage.  I've used Chrome since release, and before that Firefox.

Chrome comes default with many built in plugins and pretty much wins the internet.

The few times I have to load up IE due to a Microsoft site (drivers) or a game automatically uses that browser to launch, I have nothing but issues.

Lots of Java and script runtime errors I receive on IE.

MegaMouseGW

• Verified Member
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2011, 12:57:59 PM »
I am currently getting all my updates for my laptop (I forgot that I had turned automatic updates off). So far IE is now stable and working properly. It was most liekly caused by me missing something important in an update. Lets cross our fingers and hope that it is now fixed. Thanks guys looks like it was on my end but this should be stickied for others to see if they start getting porblems. Or eve make a new post for those that do ahve problems with the common fixes for them.

MegaMouseGW

• Verified Member
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2011, 11:13:00 PM »
Ok an update on this. IE still crashes whenever I come here. I updated everything on my computer just in case. IE 9 will not work with my version of VZista for some reason and microsoft is no help at all on that issue. Firefox works perfectly though and that is what I ahve been using just to get here. Anoying is not the word for this especialy since microsoft tried to make me pay for customer support (I let them know that it is their software and I refuse to pay for support on it when their tos says I do not have too). Hopefully this problem can be cured.

Hadden

• Ex-Server Admin
  • Verified Member
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2011, 07:27:00 AM »
Just another reason why 10 years ago, the open-source movement really took off  ;D