*AuthorTopic: Expanding the Servers!  (Read 9992 times)

ApatheticMango

• Verified Member
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
Re: Expanding the Servers!
« Reply #30 on: September 05, 2013, 03:03:16 PM »
I think someone called the Votation server the "waiting room" of the servers. Are there regulars who only play on the Votation server?

apple

• Verified Member
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 05, 2013, 03:09:42 PM »
I think you could do this to change up Server #2 without having to buy another server or getting it removed from quickplay.

1) You could set the random crit level lower, sort of like 99% chance or 90% chance.
2) Have it run, KOTH, PL, and CP (or other interesting game types, just go on the browser and see what maps fill quickly or something).
3) Make it all-talk and death-talk. Those will probably be the deciding factor in staying or leaving a server. I personally love all-talk as it's interesting, sort of like a new game-mode, you get to hear everything the other team is saying and it's funnier.

That's about all that I think you guys should do to Server #2. This would be if you don't really want to get another server, also if you guys do lower the chance of random crits, I'd personally be on it all the time.

Christian

• Ex-Server Admin
  • Verified Member
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 05, 2013, 03:20:37 PM »
3) Make it all-talk and death-talk. Those will probably be the deciding factor in staying or leaving a server. I personally love all-talk as it's interesting, sort of like a new game-mode, you get to hear everything the other team is saying and it's funnier. [/b]
I agree with this one, all talk players is about half of the TF2 population. That's a huge chunk of players to be missing out on. I'm still doing polls but I'll make a full recommendation by Sunday (sept 8th). Our plan is to change server #2 by Sept 14.

Falconeer

• Verified Member
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Friendly fire isn't...
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 06, 2013, 08:50:31 AM »
Our plan is to change server #2 by Sept 14.
Excellent!  I'm going to be away from my machine (business trip to San Jose, CA) for a few days and didn't want to miss the opening. :p