*AuthorTopic: What's your favourite class?  (Read 5474 times)

Hadden

• Ex-Server Admin
  • Verified Member
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
What's your favourite class?
« on: September 16, 2011, 06:22:59 PM »
TF2 is a very versatile FPS.  The gameplay, items, crafting system and various classes make it one of the few FPS that doesn't become mind-numbing over time.

So, what is your favourite class?

It was a tough choice for me, Engy or Sniper, I love them both.  In the end, sniper had the upper hand.  Hearing that "DING!" off the head shot, seeing over 500 damage, and looking at the pink mist.  So satisfying  ;D

Recently I have been going back and forth between the Machina and the default rifle.  A good portion of my kills are from the Deus Ex Machina, however I was growing tired of the tracer.  It [machina] is great for a majority of kills with the damage buff, you can literally shoot people in the leg and get a killing blow.  I did however, and maybe this is in my head; start to feel like the weapon was heavier and less versatile than the default rifle.  So now I go back and forth, depending on my position on the map.  The sniper can be a versatile class.

{CMC} Scootaloo

• Verified Member
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
Re: What's your favourite class?
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2011, 01:12:28 PM »
I would have to say my favorite class would be Medic, because i like to heal people and when you pop off a uber i love to see people try to run away. And them it would be Heavy, because you always need a heavy to help win a game and his mini-gun is awesome.

TheBloodyHound

• Activity:
    0%
  • That loyalty, and the natural cunning of a hound.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2011, 09:36:38 PM »
Personally I love the Spy. He plays unlike any class I have every played. And that backstabing just makes you feel like you outsmarted the other player. Plus that suit, pretty classy.

Hadden

• Ex-Server Admin
  • Verified Member
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2011, 10:17:41 PM »
Personally I love the Spy. He plays unlike any class I have every played. And that backstabing just makes you feel like you outsmarted the other player. Plus that suit, pretty classy.

Hound your avatar made me lol pretty hard  :D

sour skittles

• Verified Member
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2011, 04:57:20 AM »
spy is my favorite class, but im trying to make soldier as my favorite now days.  I was looking at some of the tricky rocket jumps and that just got me into it randomly lol   its fun rjing around, should try it

comradeK

• Verified Member
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2011, 07:39:19 PM »
I'd have to say Medic.  I like the feeling of helping everyone, and enjoy the strategy of building up an Uber while still trying to stay on the front lines.

Cirno

• Ex-Server Admin
  • Verified Member
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2011, 10:17:55 PM »
Always medic at the beginning of the round because hey, free uber!

I try to be whatever the team needs most, which usually ends up being engineer/pyro/medic.

I actually really like being a machina sniper, although I only do it if my team is already destroying, because snipers are utterly useless :P

Careb the Areb

• Verified Member
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2011, 10:25:14 PM »
My favorite classes are the sniper and the medic, Axon said it best when he said there is nothing like a quick head shot.  I also like being medic though cause after playing sniper for awhile I feel like its fun to actually be a little more involved in helping your team. (If anybody has an extra strange kritzkrieg I would love it, I have a couple of strange wrenches or nice items I am willing to trade).  On a side note my least favorite class is the spy, I hate being them cause suck, guess I am not patient or sneaky enough and there is nothing I hate more than being unexpectedly killed right after I get my uber all the way charged.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2011, 10:45:08 PM by Careb the Areb »

ix420

• Verified Member
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Hey you kids, Quit slammin my door!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2011, 05:44:30 PM »
I agree about the spy, I guess i'm not very sneaky sir... I'm diggin the engineer for defense situations and helpin other engineers out repairing their stuff, but the class I do the best would defiantly be heavy. I can get triple kills and I love hearing that hit bell ring. DING DING DING DING (lol) this game is fun :P

SpartanX

• Verified Member
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2011, 02:00:13 PM »
I started playing Sniper after 56 hours of gametime i switched to engineer which i liked a lot, 54 hours later tried demoman and lately i have been spy and i gotta say SPY FTW even tho score depends a lot on whos on the other team lol.  But overall spy is my favorite so far.

iBombVoyage

• Verified Member
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2011, 08:01:27 PM »
I have to agree with Spartan. I love the spy. He can get behind enemies and just take down an entire team if skilled.  8)

stormraven

• Verified Member
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2012, 09:30:38 PM »
i pretty much checkk on the team stats first and see if there are already classes that are being used.

i always try to keep a balance of:
no more than 2 snipers, no more than 1 spy, at least 2 heavies and 1 medic.
 and  on payload at least one engineer for BLU and if RED, as many engies and sentries are okay.

i have a burning rage-hatred against players who go spy or sniper even though we already have like 6 of them.

thebrain2u

• Verified Member
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Dollar Coins (in-game)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2012, 04:37:16 PM »
My favorites are between the pyro and the soldier.

Pyros are just freakin' fun to play as but to me it definitely involves a lot more than just your basic W+M1. Reflects, extinguishing teammates, spychecking, and your good old Mailbox-ing flaming people for those tasty crits. You die often, but it's a blast.

Soldier makes me think of where I'm aiming, how my splash will hit, the position of my medic and how to effectively pocket/protect them. Soldier is a tough class, but seeing giblets pop from an explosion is a great feeling.