*AuthorTopic: wrongly banned  (Read 3494 times)

ShizaOnUrMom

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
wrongly banned
« on: June 03, 2012, 05:31:26 PM »
Banned for one of the following: not sure which.

verbally abusive to other players (not racist, simply saying 'you suck for not spychecking pyro' yada yada - always relevant to the game) and this is absolutely allowed on servers - including hyperion.

I tried to voteban a player for building a TP WAY behind the enemy cart - resulting is half our players being on the other side of the map (ie: griefing). The player whom built the TP was iShank - who is hilariously an ADMIN on the server- and who sufficely banned me.

So ADMIN was doing some seriously questionable 'strategy' (griefing) and we voted to ban - and he felt butthurt. So he mutes me - I type about how stupid the entire thing is - and now i am banned. wow. that is fucking douchey.

Cirno

• Ex-Server Admin
  • Verified Member
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
Re: wrongly banned
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2012, 07:12:27 PM »
Hello, I am the admin who banned you. (You can view the details of your ban here.)

You are banned for this:

Code: [Select]
Jun 3, 2012 4:59:41 pm 	
dude you're an asshole - just because you're admin doesnt mena you get to ban people for trying to ban somoene for bad sportsma
HyperionGaming.org | Payload | West Coast [Stats]

(Link to your chatlog from the past 30 days)

Which is not an appropriate way to speak to an admin. It is especially inappropriate to go on their Steam profile and insult them. (See attached screenshot)

Edit: Futhermore, you are incorrect in saying:

verbally abusive to other players (not racist, simply saying 'you suck for not spychecking pyro' yada yada - always relevant to the game) and this is absolutely allowed on servers - including hyperion.

Verbal abuse is never acceptable, and you were warned about this behavior by admins torankusu and iShank. Don't come here and tell us what the rules are -  we know.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2012, 07:35:53 PM by cirno »

ShizaOnUrMom

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2012, 07:42:04 PM »
I am banned for using the word 'asshole'

Are you fucking kidding me?

So are you saying that anyone who cusses is insta-banned?

How old are you guys - lol - you seriously ban people for bad language?! TF2 is not a fucking Disney game.

ShizaOnUrMom

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2012, 07:44:52 PM »
What if the 'Admin cuss?

Cirno

• Ex-Server Admin
  • Verified Member
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2012, 07:47:15 PM »
You misunderstand. Swearing is not prohibited. Disrespect and abuse of other players, especially admins, is.

ShizaOnUrMom

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2012, 07:47:49 PM »
Or what if someone plays on the day of the Sabbath and insults Jewish people?

Or what if someone says ' better luck next time' and someone finds that offensive.

What exactly is your delineation here?

'shit'?

'ass'?

'douche'?

'stupid'?

honestly- and im not even kidding- the word asshole is pretty darn weak - you can say it on public TV in the US lol.

I mean -where are you guys from where a cussword during multiplayer video-gaming isn't alowed? You would have ot ban 95% of the people who play on your server.

What is the real reason? Cause I can show in that exact same log there are others who 'cussed' and were not banned, So what gives?

ShizaOnUrMom

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2012, 07:49:30 PM »
Especially when what I am talking about is 100% relevant to what is occuring during the game.

"Will someone fucking spycheck please!"

I mean - I hear that a dozen times an hour in TF2.

And what is this whole 'respect the admin' - When it was the ADMIN iShank who was the one griefing/spawncamping?!

ShizaOnUrMom

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2012, 07:52:54 PM »
Furthermore - since when is an Admin due anymore respect that any other player- how come you guys single-out the admin? Unless you are making up for over-zealous admin bans that have occured in the past?

I was the only player banned - yet other were cussing and equally dismissive of the blatant misuse of the 'mute' tool - paerticularly when iShank muted a player not even in our clan!

He literally happened ot have the word 'beef' in his name - and was muted.... for no reason -and we yelled at iShank for that as well.

You say 'respect the admin' but what happens when you have an admin acting like a dictator?

Does his 5$ garner him un-checked power?

fyi - i donated to hyperion for admin status about 4 hours ago. so That way I can be admin and anytime someone makes me angry by making fun of my little feelings I can mute then ban them.

Dave

• Co-Admin
  • Activity:
    0%
  • There can only be (1)Dave
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2012, 09:59:33 PM »
I think you're confused. iShank is an admin, not a donor. A donation doesn't give you any powers, just some plugin immunities, a reserved slot and a couple other things.

And like cirno said, we allow some swearing as long as it doesn't become distasteful.

Again, the reason you were banned as such is because you disrespected an admin, knowing he was an admin. If you had not known he was an admin, you would simply be disrespecting another player, and you would probably just have received a warning, if it was even warranted.

As for the mutes, those are only effective for the current map and they're generally given out to anyone micspamming or being abusive on mic.

Finally, if any of the admins were acting inappropriately, please let me know in a PM and I will deal with it.

Edit: Thread locked
« Last Edit: June 03, 2012, 10:02:46 PM by Dave »
-Dave
Co-Admin