*AuthorTopic: A disturbing trend  (Read 3003 times)

MegaMouseGW

• Verified Member
  • Activity:
    0%
  • This is a stickup. Gimme all your cheese.
    • View Profile
A disturbing trend
« on: November 02, 2011, 12:43:54 AM »
I ahve noticed that since the Halloween patch there has been an influx of new players. Now that in itself is not disturbing but some of them have been EXTREMELY hard to kill if not impossible, or even worse warping all over the place. I encountered a couple on the morning of the 2 of november on the rotation server and tried to spectate but couldn't for some reason. I will be taking names down from now on of suspicious players and forward them to yall for scrutiny.
  On the payload server there was this one engineer that was owning everyone that went up against him. He even managed to get to a spot that is closed off after a cap point is triggered. I actualy swapped teams to see if he had stuck a teleporter to get there but he had none (or at least I couldn't find the entrance). I do believe that someone should start watching both servers more closely for the next week or so just to catch the possible cheats. I only bring this to yalls attention because I prefer to play on the Hyperion servers because I have more fun here. Lets all work together to get rid of the hackers and cheaters so we can have a fun game instead of one where we get frustrated and leave.

Hadden

• Ex-Server Admin
  • Verified Member
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
Re: A disturbing trend
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2011, 01:08:32 AM »
As we cannot be online all the time in person (due to work, other commitments, etc) we do monitor the server with multiple third party options.  The only thing it does not give us is a view of all the players running around.  We can see text, commands issued, player information, and can control the entire server from an outside source.

Since we do not have the man power to have an admin available all the time, or someone to simply sit in spectator and watch what happens, we rely on you [the player] to report suspicious activity.

We will not act on a ban without proof.

For more information, please see this thread: http://hyperiongaming.org/index.php?topic=148.0

You can submit all names, screenshots, and demos to admin@hyperiongaming.org

Thank you for your concern regarding HG servers,
Axon

MegaMouseGW

• Verified Member
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2011, 01:38:04 AM »
Thanks Axon. Like i stated I will be taking names when I catch them and will send them to yall for further action if warranted. Most times I ahve seen the worst is late at night (after midnight) and early mornings just after lunch time.

Dave

• Co-Admin
  • Activity:
    0%
  • There can only be (1)Dave
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2011, 01:29:01 PM »
Axon is too serious  :P. If you do see anything suspicious and an admin is online, let us know immediately via Steam. You can find us in the HG Members steam group. We can deal with some cheaters even from outside the game.

But for the less obvious cheaters, you may need to record a demo.
-Dave
Co-Admin

MegaMouseGW

• Verified Member
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2011, 11:09:00 AM »
Last night had a couple that were looking real suspiciuos but they left as soon as I went into Spectate. If that didn't raise a flag nothing will.