*AuthorTopic: Permabanned for not ubering an admin?  (Read 2526 times)

Active members:
Apa(2) Christian(2)

Apa

• Verified Member
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
Permabanned for not ubering an admin?
« on: February 09, 2014, 10:40:45 PM »
Earlier today I was up to my usual shenanigans, not kritzing or ubering the classes that everyone expects to be ubered or kritzed (heavy/demo/soldier) and somehow I ended up permabanned for it.

For those that weren't there I was ubering spies, our own spies, not the enemy team's, and out of nowhere I get kicked from the server and try rejoining later only to find that I'm banned. I check the page that the ban message says to check and find that it's a permaban.

After that I found out that a soldier that I guess expected me to uber him 3 or so times in the round prior to the kick/ban was actually the admin that ended up banning me. So yeah, what's up with that, christian/chain? :I

Christian

• Ex-Server Admin
  • Verified Member
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
Re: Permabanned for not ubering an admin?
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2014, 02:34:47 AM »
I have no problem with however you play since it doesn't affect me. But the majority of the players have complained to me and our admins. Fortunately it was an easy decision to make. It was either to ban someone who frustrates, annoys and creates discomfort in the community by exhibiting troll-like behavior, or not ban and risk losing our regular players.

We understand that this behavior might come from being really bored and have nothing better to do, so we have nothing personal against you, play however you want to play. But unfortunately the community can only stomach so much. --As for un-banning: You have been asked several times by the community and some admins to change your behavior. So we feel that any immediate un-banning will not be possible. You can send us another message in 12 months.

We do hope that you can find a new community. Try the Skial servers, they are very loose and might be more accepting.

-------------------------------
attached file: voteban poll

Apa

• Verified Member
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2014, 10:14:23 AM »
If that post weren't so full of bullshit then maybe, just maybe I would believe I was banned for the whole "your trolling is ruining our community" thing. You've not lost a single regular since I started going on the server, not counting swedishchef. On top of that the 1 admin that has ever told me to change my behavior is tiger, none of the other admins have ever said anything to me. I did tone it down after tiger's warning fyi. Even so, he only said it after I got the 1 day ban for talking shit to people who were already talking shit to me, which by the way brings up the flawed admin logic of me getting a strike over the other offenders simply because I'm better at being a douchebag than they are.

As far as regular members/players go, a few of my friends have told me, don't recall any other people doing so, although they said so because I was better at talking shit than the people who were talking shit to me and they (other people) were having their periods over it. See: enforcer, atardis, sawbones, most of the rng tard squad in fact. While I'm bringing them up, the screencap you took doesn't really help advance your bullshit given that the 2 people that hate me the most were on there at the time (enforcer and atardis) as well as a lot of the rng tard squad and their friends in general, I mean some are even joining in during the vote.

It's ok though, I know favoritism goes a long way on the interwebz, and apparently so do online clans. If you ever come up with a non-bullshit reason for why I was banned, let me know through tiger so I can crush said reason with kindergarten logic (overstatement imo) and you can go ahead and unban me, k? k. :I

Christian

• Ex-Server Admin
  • Verified Member
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2014, 11:17:30 AM »
You have no idea who I am and how much patience I have in tolerating people. This issue is now closed.