Team Fortress 2 > Servers Feedback

Plugins Feedback

(1/3) > >>

Dave:
We run many mods, some of them being custom, on our server. We are constantly tweaking them, and getting feedback is an important part of getting their settings right.

If you have any feedback or comments, please post it here.

Here are some mods in particular I would like feedback for:

* Mapchooser (the map vote that appears near the end of a map)
* Auto Balance/Scramble

Hadden:
Both are very nice plugins as it keeps the server populated.

Auto balance is a must, if it were not active the server would empty as people would constantly stack.

The map chooser is nice, as it let's people vote for what they want to play, not necessarily what the server has lined up in the rotation config.  Again, another nice way to keep the server populated.

You guys are doing a great job so far, I wouldn't change anything.

Bubble Man:
Auto Balance is quirky and sometimes frustrating, but probably necessary.  I got switched after killing like 5 people back to back while still alive... bam dead/switched lol.

Mapchooser is cool but nothing ever wins except Badwater/Goldrush .... pretty much the first one on the list always wins... maybe mix that up?

Dave:

--- Quote from: Bubble Man on September 02, 2011, 12:16:43 AM ---Auto Balance is quirky and sometimes frustrating, but probably necessary.  I got switched after killing like 5 people back to back while still alive... bam dead/switched lol.

Mapchooser is cool but nothing ever wins except Badwater/Goldrush .... pretty much the first one on the list always wins... maybe mix that up?

--- End quote ---
We actually have a simple way of adjusting the likelihood of a map getting chosen. I've just bumped up barnblitz and thundermountain a bit and bumped down upward a bit. Lets see how that goes.

I can try some larger changes tomorrow and see how it goes.

Plasma:
We really need to make sure the Payload server receives enough traffic at least in the early morning, so that it is ready to go for the whole day (and we don't have to seed). We noticed in the past that some PL maps scare everybody away on map change. That's why we keep the most popular maps on the 1st choice (and that's why they win most of the time).

I really want to play other PL maps at times, but unfortunately, lately we've had problems getting traffic during the "off" hours (which wasn't a problem before). I think Dave and I agree that as soon as we fixed that traffic issue, we will give other less popular maps a chance.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version