*AuthorTopic: Bots  (Read 6144 times)

starcrunch

• Verified Member
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
Bots
« on: August 03, 2016, 05:20:40 PM »
You should probably remove bots from this server. Most people don't want to play with bots. Also, they don't actually help fill a server. People are more likely to hop in and help fill if they see 2/24 rather than 16/24. Additionally, if you have the filter "Has Users Playing" enabled, it will remove Hyperion because bots aren't considered players. 8 PM eastern on a Wednesday and you have 6 real players in there. Not good.

Also, not sure if it's because of the bots, but the respawn times are messed up. Averaging 20 sec respawns as BLU on badwater is not correct. It's probably also contributing to people leaving.

Overall, stop making changes to your server when you don't play the game and therefore don't know what tf2 players like.

Plasma

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
    • HyperionGaming.org
Re: Bots
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2016, 09:05:32 PM »
A lot of servers use bots when they're empty, this isn't new. That said, I'm personally not a fan of them, but it doesn't hurt to try for a while and see if they actually decrease traffic.

Now the reason bots were added was because a lot of people are bored trying to fill the server. As you mentioned, I don't play TF2 anymore, so I'm not one of these people that have to wait sometimes for an hour to get the server started. And it's usually the same people every day that help getting things started. I've idled on "my" server for probably weeks all counted together, and it was really boring. And it was easier too back then, since Valve has made a lot of changes against community servers these past 2 years.
--
Overall, thank you for your feedback, bots will remain for a bit longer until I get more data.

« Last Edit: August 04, 2016, 09:07:25 PM by Plasma »
Public Group:
--
Private Group:

Wolfpup

• TF2 Admin - Rank: 2
  • Junior Admin
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2016, 10:36:11 AM »
As someone who has sat, and will sit on the server at times (spamming friends list with invites) trying to fill it, I'd like to see them go.

It wouldn't be so bad if people wouldn't all stack one team leaving 2 real people and the rest bots on the other. It happened when I was on the other day and one team was all real people, and the other was as previously stated. I saw/heard people complain, then simply leave. Frankly, I got tired of it too after I (sarcastically) mentioned it, and nobody did anything to fix it by switching. So I just left myself. It was nothing short of a slaughter tilted to the real player team. Obviously. 

If the system was (is?) smart enough to force even amounts of real players and bots on both teams it wouldn't be so bad. I could probably live with that. As is, by my experience the other day, I can just see the same thing being repeated over time. Not much fun for "team bot" players. I'd rather just practice rocket jumping or sit idle until others join. Normally the regulars just screw around until it's 6v6, then we play.

Just my thoughts on the matter.

ATARIS

• Eat it Hankey.
  • Verified Member
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2016, 09:41:38 PM »
I think bots are a great idea and really would help fill the server.  I think it'd make it easier in fact but that's just my opinion.

HappyClown

• Verified Member
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2016, 11:41:44 PM »
The moment I see bots in a server a part of my brain goes "this is no way getting filled" and I don't join. I do often check back and it's bare, so might not just be me, though I'll grant it so the admins can gather data and see if it works.

HappyClown

• Verified Member
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2016, 06:59:48 PM »
On second thought, and with a bit of experience, the bots are a horrible idea that end up doing much more harm than good. They empty servers fast.

Bonkers!!

• Verified Member
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2016, 07:18:35 PM »
It's not so much the BOTS that are killin' the server as it is the assholes  >:(

And by assholes, I mean RACIST ASSHOLES and the WORTHLESS ADMIN that not only allows it to go on, RIGHT UNDER his nose, but PROMOTES this kind of behavior! 

With assholes like them, I think I'd rather play with 24 BOTS -- all day ~ every day   :-*

« Last Edit: September 16, 2016, 08:02:34 PM by Bonkers!! »

rob28

• Verified Member
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2016, 07:20:56 PM »
more like nimrods neckbeards dipshits killing the server  8)

Bonkers!!

• Verified Member
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2016, 08:23:19 PM »
Oh, and BOTS can't find humor in and laugh HYSTERICALLY at some SICKF%CK that joins the server named "BABY MO LESTER" -- right, Enforcer? Know what I'm sayin', Hutch?
I mean, seriously -- bring on the BOTS, PLASMA -- I just might think about donating to your little server again!!  :P