Hadden

• Ex-Server Admin
  • Verified Member
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
'ello
« on: August 21, 2011, 08:24:09 AM »
Nice new site you guys have, hopefully the forums will have some activity shortly :D

Plasma

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
    • HyperionGaming.org
Re: 'ello
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2011, 09:02:39 AM »
Hey there.  :)
And yes, I guess it took a while to get this started (my fault). The site isn't done (but is it ever?) and as you said, pretty quiet for now. Well, it's been live for 24 hours. Anyway, hopefully, we can receive some feedback on the server and the website. Dave and I have had to take care of every little details, and I didn't expect the server to receive so many players so fast.
Th last time I ran a server was in Natural Selection, the HL mod. And it never got to the point, where it was full 24/7. A couple of friends (including Dave) and I would have to idle and seed every day heh. So I am very happy with how things are doing now.

One question, did you have trouble registering to the forums? I see you didnt activate right away.

Anyway, welcome, you may also join the steam group. We won't spam announcements  :)
Public Group:
--
Private Group:

Hadden

• Ex-Server Admin
  • Verified Member
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2011, 04:26:02 PM »
You bet I joined the Steam group, right after this.

The first time I registered I didn't receive the activation email (checked my spam box as well) so couple days later came back, requested the re-send and got it that time.

I also just noticed how young the server is, and was pretty blown away.  Like most players I come from a long line of FPS, MMO's, and ran a few servers in the passed (CoD, CSS) but mainly was a Ventrilo provider for about a year in Combat Arms (before it turned to crap).

Anyways enough blapper from me, see you guys in game!

Dave

• Co-Admin
  • Activity:
    0%
  • There can only be (1)Dave
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2011, 04:27:53 PM »
Hey, glad to have you!
-Dave
Co-Admin

Plasma

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
    • HyperionGaming.org
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2011, 12:18:05 PM »
The first time I registered I didn't receive the activation email (checked my spam box as well) so couple days later came back, requested the re-send and got it that time.

Hmm, that's weird. Well, I noticed you registered right when I was doing maintenance. That may be why. I'll check the configs again.
And yes, very young server. I have been playing TF2 the day it was released, but I never had time to run my own server. I used to play on theville and lotus clan payload servers (like a lot of people). They've always been a lot of fun, but lately, I feel they are pushing too hard for donations, and their ads are getting tiresome. Even the donators benefits like glowing hats and what not is annoying.

That's why we made this server, so we could still play the maps we love, and get rid of the annoying parts.  :)

I was hoping for more traffic on the site, but as long as the server is doing ok, that's fine.  :D
Public Group:
--
Private Group:

Hadden

• Ex-Server Admin
  • Verified Member
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2011, 02:11:07 PM »
Really nice to have a populated vanilla (for the most part) server as well.  So much garbage out there  :D