*AuthorTopic: Scoring  (Read 7085 times)

AlienDeceptions

Re: Scoring
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2011, 04:31:45 PM »
you are lucky to run crysis 2 on your computer.  I wouldn't even bother with that because my computer barely handles tf2  :(    Anyone else use a mac to play tf2 here?

It is fun. I don't much like fighting the soldiers as much as the Aliens. They are so funny acting sometimes. Dancing, skating and sneaking around. It seems as if they have their own personalities sometimes. LOL

AlienDeceptions

« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2011, 08:20:39 PM »
Ok, Here is one more point on scoring. As an Engie, when you are on the winning team and you have your Sentry, Dispenser and or Teleporters up, you get docked when the round is over. In all fairness, I feel that the winning team engies should be given points for withstanding the assault and keeping their equipment up and running and they should be rewarded for their efforts. I also feel that the losing team should have their points taken away as it is now. And I still feel that -12 points for being killed is a little excessive, especially for people like me who are very bad players. LOL

Hadden

• Ex-Server Admin
  • Verified Member
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2011, 09:51:14 PM »
Ok, Here is one more point on scoring. As an Engie, when you are on the winning team and you have your Sentry, Dispenser and or Teleporters up, you get docked when the round is over. In all fairness, I feel that the winning team engies should be given points for withstanding the assault and keeping their equipment up and running and they should be rewarded for their efforts. I also feel that the losing team should have their points taken away as it is now. And I still feel that -12 points for being killed is a little excessive, especially for people like me who are very bad players. LOL

Bugs, this would not work my friend.

Think of your tele on assault, you are taking in easy over 20 points a minute, making up for the destruction.  Even more so on some maps, when I clear 400+ points per single round based on sentry kills and tele (96 is my record!).  A 14 point loss is highly acceptable.  Otherwise, simply the minus points of your death would make engy unbalanced as far as GameME is concerned.

After all, it's just numbers :)
« Last Edit: September 08, 2011, 09:53:23 PM by Axon »

sour skittles

• Verified Member
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2011, 10:54:53 PM »
Im jealous of ur death count bugs.  Im right behind u in death rankings haha

AlienDeceptions

« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2011, 12:08:21 AM »
Im jealous of ur death count bugs.  Im right behind u in death rankings haha

LOL, Yes, I worked very hard to get there. By the way, you were the very first spy to back stab me as a spy. LOL

MegaMouseGW

• Verified Member
  • Activity:
    0%
  • This is a stickup. Gimme all your cheese.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2011, 11:28:53 PM »
Me I could care less about rankings. i just like to kill for fun. I don't play TF2 for glory, I play it to have fun and relieve stress (where else can you go and kill people without getting in trouble than on the internet??).

Cirno

• Ex-Server Admin
  • Verified Member
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 30, 2011, 12:03:06 AM »
I'm really not a fan of scoring, either. TF2 is *the* anti-scoring, anti-competitive, anti-serious game. You're not supposed to worry about KDR and crap like that. It's all about good, wholesome violence for the whole family.

Hadden

• Ex-Server Admin
  • Verified Member
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 30, 2011, 11:32:18 AM »
I agree, as TF2 was designed to not track kills. Just your personal best performance.

However, for those people looking for something more from the game, GameME is nice. I like seeing my score recorded, kills and more detailed stats. Its what I like the most out of my FPS experience.

MegaMouseGW

• Verified Member
  • Activity:
    0%
  • This is a stickup. Gimme all your cheese.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 03, 2011, 11:10:54 AM »
Just had to add this I love getting achievements. makes me feel like I accomplished something.