*AuthorTopic: Achievement v4 map  (Read 2108 times)

Active members:
MegaMouseGW(2) Plasma(2)

MegaMouseGW

• Verified Member
  • Activity:
    0%
  • This is a stickup. Gimme all your cheese.
    • View Profile
Achievement v4 map
« on: November 04, 2011, 05:55:44 PM »
Asking about maps I had this thought while farming achievements. I would like to see the Cataclysm map stuck in the rotation with the cat activateable. That way if we see cheaters we can open fire with the cat and hopefully get rid of them. Just a thought.

Plasma

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
    • HyperionGaming.org
Re: Achievement v4 map
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2011, 11:50:08 AM »
Right now, we don't want to add any custom maps to the servers. We don't want to force players to download any custom contents when connecting. Will we consider a Custom map server at some point? Maybe, if there's a real demand for one.

As for punishing hackers, I'm pretty sure humiliation is not the best way to deal with them. It's true we do not watch the servers 24/7, but even if we're not online, one of us has access to the chat log and other very useful logs. If you suspect a cheater, use the /request command in chat. That will warn an admin, and then report the suspected cheater(s). If it's obvious like a name-changer or a spy 1-shot'ing every second, just yell his name in chat.

We're working on a new way to report players. It's not ready yet, but it's coming.
Public Group:
--
Private Group:

MegaMouseGW

• Verified Member
  • Activity:
    0%
  • This is a stickup. Gimme all your cheese.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2011, 05:22:10 PM »
Cool. I managed to get a hacker to elave the other day though. I went to spectate and he left as soon as he realized I did that. He was pretty obvious shooting through walls, and never leaving the spawn area but still killing players from teh other team in their spawn area.

Plasma

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
    • HyperionGaming.org
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2011, 06:17:48 PM »
If you suspect someone is hacking, go to the Bans/Complains board. Read the sticky, and provide a demo. We can't review a ban request without any proof.

If you think someone is hacking but you don't have proof, contact an admin directly. Don't post on the forums. You can find us on Steam, or you can use the Contact form, or you can PM us through the site. There are many ways to reach us. :)
« Last Edit: November 05, 2011, 06:19:44 PM by Plasma »
Public Group:
--
Private Group: