*AuthorTopic: My problem?  (Read 5861 times)

anorrmalpeople

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
My problem?
« on: May 21, 2018, 08:39:38 PM »
i had play tf2 in your sever a long time, but this few weeks got  kicked out by "too high ping", i don't change my internet provider, is your server problem or my problem?

Plasma

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
    • HyperionGaming.org
Re: My problem?
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2018, 10:21:27 PM »
Nothing changed on our end.
You can try pinging the server, and report back here. Sometimes there can be some issues on different ISPs and networks between your PC and our server. If you've been playing for a long time, then I'm thinking it's probably only a temporary issue. Let me know if you're still having high ping.
Public Group:
--
Private Group:

anorrmalpeople

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2018, 07:42:36 PM »
It's about 150-250 ping

Plasma

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
    • HyperionGaming.org
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2018, 11:25:34 AM »
Hmm, do you remember your usual average ping on the server before you've been having high ping issues?
The server is set up to check and kick players with ping higher than 220ms for longer than a minute.

You can try to run a trace route between you and our server, and maybe we can see where/if any there's a major delay, that wasn't there before. As I said, sometimes, there are some slow downs on different network sections between your location and the server.

It's not on our end though, as you're the only one that has reported a high ping issue lately (and I've checked connectivity, network performance, etc...).

Around what time do you usually play (server time)? I'd say, try to ping/tracert again, and if all else fails, and your ping is still between 150-250ms, we'll figure something out in a few days. Is that OK?

Public Group:
--
Private Group: