*AuthorTopic: Stats and ads  (Read 6988 times)

Active members:
Plasma(3) JackCnKing(3)

Plasma

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
    • HyperionGaming.org
Stats and ads
« on: August 28, 2012, 12:02:34 PM »
You may have noticed already, but yesterday we made a few changes to both MvM Public and MvM Special servers.

First, we added GameMe stats. Don't worry! The stats tracked on the MvM servers are separated from the stats tracked on the Payload/Votation servers. Now, you can track your progress, accuracy, kills against bots, and it won't affect your overall "competitive" TF2 stats over on the Payload servers. Everything works exactly the same way: type gameme in chat and it will popup the commands menu. Let us know what you think! One last thing, when you go to stats.hyperiongaming.com, you'll see it's a bit different. Now you have to pick which stats you want to see: the TF2 Payload Rankings or the MvM Rankings.

Second, we've added video MOTD ads to the MvM servers. This is an experiment. With the MvM patch, we doubled the number of servers, which almost doubled our costs (which you can see reflected in our Donation Center block on the main page). So far, we've relied on our own funds and donations. However, we might need more if we want to keep the two additional servers, and we would also like to have a steady income stream. We don't like ads, but we would also like to keep these additional servers. So, we're doing this test. We'll see how much we get from advertising on the MvM servers, and we'll hear/watch your feedback and reactions. I'll try to keep you guys informed at the end of the month.

As usual, let us know how you feel about these changes! See you guys in-game!
Public Group:
--
Private Group:

JackCnKing

• Verified Member
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
Re: Stats and ads
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2012, 01:30:05 AM »
I'm not on the ranking board  :'( 

I suck at killing robots. GG :(

Plasma

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
    • HyperionGaming.org
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2012, 07:41:42 PM »
The MvM stats are completely separated from the Payload/Votation stats for obvious reasons :)
Playing against bots, with upgraded weapons is definitely a whole different game than regular TF2. In order to be ranked in the MvM stats, you just need 50 bot kills (or maybe it's 20? I don't remember). MvM is a fun mode, I hope Valve adds more to it... I'd love to see a 6v6+bots mode. Basically, the RED team has to defend like it is now (with upgrades, etc...), but 6 other players join the BOTS and can become special robots (giant heavies, fast scouts, etc...) a bit like in L4D2 Versus. Now, that would be awesome :)
Public Group:
--
Private Group:

JackCnKing

• Verified Member
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2012, 01:14:07 AM »
Yea maybe haha~

Plasma

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
    • HyperionGaming.org
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2012, 12:39:31 AM »
Due to a lack of resources and interest from the community, we've decided to take the last MvM server down.
Running an MvM server requires as much resources as running a full 32 slot TF2 server, and that's simply not efficient. We've also looked at MvM stats, and it seems most players on this server were not in fact players from our community most of the time. It is then a bit useless to run a server for random players, that most likely will not stick around after they're done.

It's a neat idea from Valve, but until they figure out a way to make it a lot cheaper to run MvM, we'll have to pass on robot killing (or simply play on Valve numerous official servers).
Public Group:
--
Private Group:

JackCnKing

• Verified Member
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2012, 03:31:14 PM »
 :( Awwwww.... Although I don't play myself, it is still sad to hear.