*AuthorTopic: Wolfpups personal feelngs getting in the way of playing peacefully  (Read 9741 times)

Axian

• Donor
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Instagram Influencer
    • View Profile
Re: Wolfpups personal feelngs getting in the way of playing peacefully
« Reply #60 on: August 07, 2022, 01:22:07 PM »
They hate vector because he is everything they're not - a gregarious king with an olympic sized pool.

Givmo

• Verified Member
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 07, 2022, 08:20:21 PM »
Alexa how do I make corn bread

Bonkers!!

• Verified Member
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 07, 2022, 10:58:09 PM »
Alexa how do I make corn bread

She recommends Waikiki Cornbread from allrecipes and says it takes 45 minutes to make.

Happy-Jack

• Verified Member
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 07, 2022, 11:20:42 PM »
My response to unchecked admin abuse is that my guess and hope is Wolfpup has probably been checked by you people calling for the removal of his admin. Speaks to the love of Vector which he should be incredibly grateful for. I would rather have you guys rail all over the guy for your perception of his wrongdoing and hopefully he takes it under consideration and avoids it further in the future than giving encouragement to the untold many that would look to cause trouble for no good reasons. The devil you know is better than the one you dont. Wolfpup is a known factor as is Vector.  One week isnt going to stop Vector from being Vector and unbanning him will still leave Wolfpup as Wolfpup. I have a caring and love for both as they are both people that have decided that this community has enough value to continue to show up. Im not interested in finding out who waits in the wings for the power vacuum that will occur if the unbanning happens to rear their ugly heads and try and smash this community for shits and grins. Its a value judgement on my part and i certainly can see where i could be wrong about it so my ultimate opinion is that its a week ban and the likelihood of anything happening good or bad coming for the continuation of the ban or the lifting of it is inconsequential to any of our lives including Vectors or Wolfpups. I will side with authority over anarchy. Vector was asked to stop by a recognized admin, two even, and he didnt. Whether it was right for the request to be made or not, it was made, and authority has to be respected or there isnt any use in having any admins at all. If you guys think that the server would be better off without admins then there is no helping you... cause thats what ideally admins do. You might not respect Wolfpup or Enforcer but its important to respect the responsibility they hold and Vector didnt. If the police stop you and ask you to do something you dont agree with and you dont think they should ask you to do it, you do it anyway, out of the respect for the authority they have been given and a desire not to get shot and take it up with a higher authority after the fact. If you dont your helping create a bigger problem (like getting shot). We are experiencing the bigger problem Vector helped create when he didnt give that respect by doing what was asked of him by two longstanding admins and taking it up afterwards with a post to these forums or making an appeal directly to Plasma.

Bonkers!!

• Verified Member
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 08, 2022, 12:01:23 AM »
Vector should be unbanned.  A lot of regulars love playing with him even though he's bonkers

I heard my name  :-*

FREE VECTORALPHA.

Ya! FREE VECTORALPHA

I do love me some VectorAlpha <3
and I wouldn't change a thing about him!!
(now, some of you.. ehhhhhhh)
LMAO!! just kiddin' -- I wouldn't change a thing about any of you  :)
--But don't press your luck!!

alainreid

• Verified Member
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 08, 2022, 08:22:26 AM »
Vector was asked to stop by a recognized admin, two even, and he didnt.

But he really did stop making calls for about an hour.  They just never stopped talking about him so he responded to them talking about him.

yeezy

• Verified Member
  • Activity:
    0%
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVJCF5tj3Qw
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 08, 2022, 10:28:32 AM »
I will side with authority over anarchy.

In this situation, the authority is acting like anarchy. Cowking did nothing but say "this is an unfair ban" and faced a torrent of insults and a threat of being banned from Wolfpup. I get respecting authority but this isn't how a respectable authoritative figure should be acting. I care about both these souls too and I agree there's something to be said about the power vacuum that could be created from going back on the decision or the removal of admin status. That being said:

The point of being an admin is to enforce the rules & create a positive environment that players want to come back to-- If I was Cowking & an admin called me a pussy, a cunt, threatened to ban me; I would leave and never come back. Cowking did nothing wrong. From the footage posted, it sounds like Vector was being called out after all ready following what was directed of him & when that happens-- I totally understand his desire to defend himself. Wolfpup was simply having a bad day, found a target & attacked him to give himself the endorphin rush that comes along with power.

Going off what Infinite said-- when more than half the active members on the server are in support of removing the ban, I think it's safe to assume that instead of creating an environment where people think they can get away with disrespecting the authority, the population will agree that everyone's in the wrong here & it may even strengthen some relationships. Everyone can agree that we all want Hyperion to last & we aren't in support of killing off something most of us having been coming back to for years and I think a large part of that comes with reversing something a lot of us feel was an unnecessary mobbing of a valued member of the community.

Man Door Hand Hook Car Door

cowking

• Moo
  • Verified Member
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Moo
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 08, 2022, 11:15:15 AM »
The following screenshot is the conversation from me and Enforcer.

https://i.imgur.com/IDlqiPN.jpg

When Wolfcunt did the ban on Vector I messaged Enforcer hey enforcer its not fair you know then Enforcer replied what isnt.  When I replied him ban vector that's when Enforcer calling me a pussy and a cunt then I replied tbh we don't really have a say to any this.  When Wolfcunt was insulting and threatening me my final message to Enforcer was i am going to let it go because at that point I understood if I say another word I would be in the same boat with Vector. 

alainreid

• Verified Member
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 08, 2022, 11:26:56 AM »
But he really did stop making calls for about an hour.  They just never stopped talking about him so he responded to them talking about him.

Could you guys push my karma back up?

Edit:  ugh, I've been smited further
2nd Edit:  OK, someone is gaming the karma system
« Last Edit: August 12, 2022, 03:51:24 PM by alainreid »

StrangerDanger

• Donor
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 08, 2022, 12:31:30 PM »
In this situation, the authority is acting like anarchy. Cowking did nothing but say "this is an unfair ban" and faced a torrent of insults and a threat of being banned from Wolfpup. I get respecting authority but this isn't how a respectable authoritative figure should be acting. I care about both these souls too and I agree there's something to be said about the power vacuum that could be created from going back on the decision or the removal of admin status. That being said:

The point of being an admin is to enforce the rules & create a positive environment that players want to come back to-- If I was Cowking & an admin called me a pussy, a cunt, threatened to ban me; I would leave and never come back. Cowking did nothing wrong. From the footage posted, it sounds like Vector was being called out after all ready following what was directed of him & when that happens-- I totally understand his desire to defend himself. Wolfpup was simply having a bad day, found a target & attacked him to give himself the endorphin rush that comes along with power.

Going off what Infinite said-- when more than half the active members on the server are in support of removing the ban, I think it's safe to assume that instead of creating an environment where people think they can get away with disrespecting the authority, the population will agree that everyone's in the wrong here & it may even strengthen some relationships. Everyone can agree that we all want Hyperion to last & we aren't in support of killing off something most of us having been coming back to for years and I think a large part of that comes with reversing something a lot of us feel was an unnecessary mobbing of a valued member of the community.

Therein lies the question. Do these two ever have a good day? I have excalibur muted but from what I recall he was generally miserable, liked to bring others down and extremely insulting. Seemingly hiding behind his admin badge. Wolfpup seems miserable. Demanding others play what he insists or he makes the team know he isnt happy and steady complaining about his health. That being said, if you arent happy is this your protected source to make others unhappy? And if you arent healthy maybe hours of gaming isnt for you. If your back hurts then maybe some exercise should be prescribed.

I come here to relax. Laugh. Deflect rockets. Laugh. Taunt and teabag. Laugh. This is relaxation for me after a stressful day. NOT the stressful part of the day itself.

infinite

• Donor
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 08, 2022, 01:00:49 PM »
authority has to be respected or there isnt any use in having any admins at all.
My old server admin team had to review controversial bans like this sometimes, and part of that process was apologizing and reversing them if they were made in the heat of the moment, or if an admin did not enforce the rules fairly. It sucks to do it, but eating crow doesn't kill people. It helps them grow as admins if they are truly paying attention. Being unable to admit the mistake and remove the punishment is a sign of weakness in a leadership team.

Outside of the ban issue - you can't have leaders who threaten people. Not even if they "apologize" when they get caught in multiple video clips. People can have bad days, but leaders can't.

If the police stop you and ask you to do something you dont agree with and you dont think they should ask you to do it, you do it anyway, out of the respect for the authority they have been given and a desire not to get shot and take it up with a higher authority after the fact. If you dont your helping create a bigger problem (like getting shot). We are experiencing the bigger problem Vector helped create when he didnt give that respect by doing what was asked of him by two longstanding admins and taking it up afterwards with a post to these forums or making an appeal directly to Plasma.
Dude, I don't know if you've seen the news in the last 2-3 years, but this police comparison is more spot on that you know...just for the flip side of things. We have had unprecedented civil unrest over being unable to trust the police to police correctly, and being unable to trust their peers to come forward when needed. People have died over this issue. Police have been fired, sued and jailed for not enforcing the laws fairly. When you have proof someone in authority isn't acting in your best interests anymore you cut them out like a cancer. You don't give the cancer a quiet corner to live in and hope it stays to itself.
[/quote]

yeezy

• Verified Member
  • Activity:
    0%
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVJCF5tj3Qw
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 08, 2022, 01:25:38 PM »
Therein lies the question. Do these two ever have a good day? I have excalibur muted but from what I recall he was generally miserable, liked to bring others down and extremely insulting. Seemingly hiding behind his admin badge. Wolfpup seems miserable. Demanding others play what he insists or he makes the team know he isnt happy and steady complaining about his health. That being said, if you arent happy is this your protected source to make others unhappy? And if you arent healthy maybe hours of gaming isnt for you. If your back hurts then maybe some exercise should be prescribed.

I come here to relax. Laugh. Deflect rockets. Laugh. Taunt and teabag. Laugh. This is relaxation for me after a stressful day. NOT the stressful part of the day itself.

I understand what you're saying but my thoughts are "I'm not trying to overthrow the government", I'm just asking the leaders to reconsider a decision that has upset so many & sign the petition. If this were a mapvote, Vector would be unbanned, unfortunately it's not & like Cowking said, there's probably little we can do to change the situation at hand other than say "I'm Spartacus"

Personally, I feel like Enforcer's irate nature is one of the reasons I appreciate him as a admin. However, in the case of Cowking speaking out-- I think this is a very wrong handling of the situation. I view Cowking as the greatest merc in TF2, outweighting popular names like B4nny. I feel he's the one-true-jack-of-all-trades merc & a large reason why I keep coming back to the server, to treat the best player in TF2 like he's another john.smith230 is wrong.

What upsets me most about this situation is that his request was met with such a toxic response from more than one admin. Again, I don't think toppling the power is going to do anything but make it an awkward place for awhile but I do think it's the responsibility of the admins to consider the voice of the people. When one group of people rise to more power than the other, it starts to feel like a tyranny.

I think it's the responsibility of the admins, to treat the community and the rules with respect, it makes sense that Enforcer would want to take action with Vector's back-talk to him but again-- that's nothing a mute couldn't solve. A week-long ban seems excessive & a threaten to ban Cowking seems entirely out of the question.

I think the resolution I would like to see is an apology from both sides for acting out of emotion, rather than reason & an unban for Vector. Something to bring us together instead of separating us further apart. It takes two-to-tango and I'm tired of dancing.

I won't weigh in anymore on this situation, or parrot all ready articulated ideas & leave it up to whatever the admins rule.

Chuch.
Man Door Hand Hook Car Door

Vector-Alpha

• Verified Member
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 08, 2022, 03:53:59 PM »
I personally did not know that Admin use-of-power was such a controversial thing on this server until this thread.

I'm not on this server or in TF2 to express my personal feelings about myself or my perspective of the world during a match. For me, game-time is a time to let loose the restraints from the duldrum of daily responsibility, thus my often intoxication. Same thing when I go out dancing, or sword fighting in the SCA (look it up). To some it comes across as a character, to others an attention-seeker, to the ones who have some inner undersatnding of themselves thay see it as it is, a good natured guy just having fun. ...maybe too much loud fun, but fun ntl. It does not matter that some mute me, was suprised that some folks I really like mute me, and not surprised that not everyone likes everyone else.

What I learned about myself is that the real concern is not that I'm disturbing the game with my talk, but in order to participate as a team player better I could take heed of the positive feedback and LISTEN more to what the other players are commenting on and go from there. Aye, I hear yee, I too want to have fun interactions with everyone while playing, so "calm-my-roll" while on the chat. Got it. No excuses but when I play a 'game' I intend to get smashed and have a blast! Don't mean I can't listen and as you could see from those videos I was on a verbal reprimand to "shut the fuck up" and I was attempting my best to be quiet. But then the (apparently Admin people) continued to roast me in chat, then with free rein to say what they didn't like/care about me to everyone while I was sitting in the chat "time-out" corner, yeah, that's not going to happen, I have more respect for myself than that.

That's where my interpretation of Bullying comes from. Abusing your social elevation to shape the shared experience we are all having to befit your personal agenda. That is NOT a concern for the greater good, that is an out-of-touch-with-self-therefore-unable-to-empathise-with-others vendetta style of lording over the environment. And yeah, that doesn't really belong in any open-join kind of game play where you're going to get a slew of personalities showing up. The great built in function TF2 allows is "mute player". Personality problem solved; don't like what they have to say, so don't have to hear it.

My over all take on TF2: I Orange Boxed my origins into Team Fortress, mostly Death Match stuff in the beginning. I finally found a server of veterans (years ago now) called Slaughterhouse, where I really learned what team play was all about in TF2. Slaughter eventually dried up and I was fortunate to find another "serious-skilled" server of TF2 players, Hyperion. Let me top that off by saying I am humbled everytime I realize I am about to play a Hyperion match. Every one of you folks are a super skilled batch of TF2 players and I just know I am about to have a super fun time! I come in with a positive attitude about the game-play I am about to experience, and you'll often see me type "Fun" at the end of a round, even when we get steam-rolled. As for my loud chat repeats, sure I will say "left,left,left" (my in-game thoughts are that some people are pre-occupied with whats in front of them and may not be currently knowledgeable on where the current main pressure points are on the map) but in my positive favor I also have some other repeating chat sayings that I'm hopeing is inspiring the team, such as "Get behind them" or "They don't like it", or "great job so-and-so, lost that cap but you did a great job defending". Before the recent auto-join feature, if I joined a match and saw the teams were 16/15 spread, and even though there were people I didn't care for on the lesser-playered team, I would still join that team to try and keep the TF2 gameplay balanced and fair - you get it, even-odds. Again, not here for personal gains, you can see I'm not an uber K/D player and I'm not concerned about having the best score at the end of a match, I just love the game and I want to win a match just as much as everyone else does.

On that note let me point out what I do feel about TF2 game-play. Just so you know I have NEVER muted anyone, and I rarely participate in a vote ban unless the reason is readily apparent or pointed out to me as to why. I want to hear what everyone is saying cause damn, here we all are and some people are just kooks, whatever. From my past 15 years TF2 experiences, to ban someone from a server is like because of a serious capitol offense. It is not a casual thing to be used, admin or player-vote induced. If some one is mic-spamming - playing none-stop music or repeative sounds that disrupt the game-play (remember I mute no-one) - or talking personal perspectives on the world-at-large or especially racism or trying to stir up discord in the chat in some fashion, THAT is when a ban should probably occur imho. Again, the first step for the average TF2 player who don't like what someone else is saying is a simple mute.

That being said, my hope is that this forum/thread post leads to a greater goal of keeping the Hyperion experience as good clean fun. I've seen that others are abused too, that some folks don't care for others play style but have the common believe of how/when rules should be applied and can straight forward mute instead of suppress.

Oh, and I think I know where the repeated "Left,Left,Left" comes from. I had 4 younger sisters growing up and, for example, in order to 'get back in the roller coaster line as fast as we could', I would have to yell out to them "Hurry up, get back in the line, on the Left, Left, Left!"

And though I mention no names here, I do want to point out one name: Kittie: you are an amazing person with a great perspective on life and we are all fortunate here on Hyperion to have you play with us. Please speak your mind whenever you want to, it's encouraging to have a positive person on board and the rare woman who can hang with a bunch of nerdy game-playing dudes!

Thank you all for the #freevector support ("Vector Mandela" made me lol), it appears this thread had an overall cathartic effect for everyone on the server. Sure did open my eyes!

cowking

• Moo
  • Verified Member
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Moo
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 08, 2022, 04:03:59 PM »
VECTOR! VECTOR! VECTOR! VECTOR! VECTOR! VECTOR! VECTOR! VECTOR! VECTOR! VECTOR! VECTOR! VECTOR! VECTOR! VECTOR! VECTOR! VECTOR! VECTOR! VECTOR! VECTOR! VECTOR! VECTOR! VECTOR! VECTOR! VECTOR! VECTOR! VECTOR! VECTOR! VECTOR! VECTOR! VECTOR! VECTOR! VECTOR! VECTOR! VECTOR! VECTOR! VECTOR! VECTOR! VECTOR! VECTOR! VECTOR! VECTOR! VECTOR! VECTOR! VECTOR!

ATARIS

• Eat it Hankey.
  • Verified Member
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 08, 2022, 04:06:55 PM »
FREE VECTOR!