*AuthorTopic: Australium Weapons  (Read 20691 times)

ApatheticMango

• Verified Member
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
Australium Weapons
« on: November 21, 2013, 09:27:19 PM »
Frontier Justice
Bluts
Ambassador
Eyelander
Tomislav
Axtinguisher
FaN
Knife
Wrench (!!!)
Scattergun
Sniper Rifle
Minigun
SMG
Rocket Launcher
Grenade Launcher
Sticky Launcher
Flamethrower
Medigun
Blackbox

And to top it all off: Golden Pan
Some icing on that cake:Usable by Engineers and Spies.
GOLDEN PAN BACKSTAB MY LIFE WOULD BE COMPLETE.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2013, 09:29:06 PM by ApatheticMango »

Plasma

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
    • HyperionGaming.org
Re: Australium Weapons
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2013, 11:04:01 PM »
If you're not sure what these Australium weapons are, look at todays' TF2 blog posts: Day 1 and Day 2.

Basically, these weapons give cool effects on the wearer. Here's how you get them:
Quote from: TF2 Blog
The first of our Two Cities, Mannhattan, takes our mercs all the way from the sun-blasted gravel pits of the Badlands to the urban sprawl of the East Coast, where they'll have to defend the manufacturing arm of Saxton Hale's boutique Mhankö line. Mannhattan's robot hordes can advance their own spawn points and introduce new bombs into the map for the first time, making for a unique new MvM experience. The loot you'll get from completing a Tour of Duty will work a bit differently for the Two Cities Tour. Completing a Two Cities Tour automatically grants you a Killstreak Kit, which you can apply to any weapon to transform it into a Killstreak weapon. Completing the Tour also grants you a fabricator and spare parts that you can use to craft progressively rarer Killstreak Kits, which will add cool visual effects to your weapon and eventually even your character.

Finishing a Two Cities Tour might even get you one of the most exceedingly, some might say preposterously rare items in the game: the Australium weapon. (Hushed silence. Then, from the back, a lone slow clap. Then: thunderous applause.)

Yes, that means you need to farm complete MvM Two Cities tours. Tours if you remember from the first few MvM patches are collections of MvM missions on multiple maps. You need to buy a Tour of Duty Ticket from the store (or trade) and can only be played on Valve's MvM servers, so called Mann Up mode. Previous Tours granted Strange Botkiller weapons.

Completing this new Two Cities Tour will grant you a Killstreak Kit. That Kit can be aplpied to any weapon to transform it into a Killstreak weapon. You also get a fabricator and spare parts, and you should be able to craft rare Killstreak kits (hence the farming). At some point (and if you're lucky), you can find very rare items: these Australium weapons from Mango's post. It's going to be interesting to see if they can be sold on the Steam market or even traded...

Now, Mango asked a question earlier:
"ApatheticMango: New MvM maps. New upgrades. Australium Weapons. Chance for an MvM server for a short time?"
We used to have 2 MvM servers back when the mode was first released. It was fun, for a while. And then Valve decided to add special loot (the botkillers) with their Tours of Duty and Mann Up mode. Problem: Mann Up mode is restricted to Valve servers. We can't run our Mann Up servers. Our MvM servers don't give special loot.

Also, an MvM server requires as much resources (CPU/RAM) as a full 32 slot server. It obviously only hosts 4 actual players. There just wasn't any good reasons to keep these MvM servers: too expensive, not enough players, and not even Mann Up mode.

I don't think anything changed in today's update. It seems if we want to get the new weapons/kits, we have to play on Valve's MvM servers. I don't honestly see a reason to host our own MvM servers right now.

I might be wrong though, I haven't played MvM in months and I never bothered with Tours of Duty. Do you guys know more about this whole thing?
Public Group:
--
Private Group:

Vic-Dog

• Verified Member
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2013, 11:14:56 PM »
What I would suggest is to play on the Valve servers and invite friends from this server to play
with you. The only time I enjoy playing MvM is when I can play with friends, So I would always join in
if invited. Just a thought  8)

ApatheticMango

• Verified Member
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2013, 11:37:43 PM »
I didn't know Mann Up were Valve Servers only... I was thinking about getting some Squad Surplus and Tour of Duty Tickets though. I thought these servers held up to 8 people too. If I found 7 other people willing to do Tours with Surplus tickets it's 7 more chances for rares (Though it's probably not a good gamble since you can get junk from it too). If these Australium weapons are marketable, I'd wager they'd be as expensive as Unusuals, if not more.

Still though, backstabbing with Pan has been something I've wanted to do since it first came out. Combining that with the ability to turn victims to gold just makes it that much more appealing.

Plasma

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
    • HyperionGaming.org
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2013, 11:43:27 PM »
Yea, sadly, Mann Up servers are Valve only.
It makes sense, kinda. I'm sure some server ops would have found a way to farm these rare items.
--
I haven't played MvM in so long. I've seen some KillStreak kits on the steam market already, average price is $20. This is going to be insane heh.
Public Group:
--
Private Group:

SativaPsyborg

• Verified Member
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2013, 06:27:27 AM »
Hey Mango, I just bought like 20 tickets and want to play, so hit me up!

apple

• Verified Member
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2013, 11:29:23 AM »
AUSTRALIUM WEAPONS

If the link works, that's the picture of all the new Australium Weapons.
I only have 1 ToD ticket, but I'm definitely up for a try at the missions, even though one ticket won't do it.

chuy409

• Verified Member
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2013, 11:37:08 AM »
AUSTRALIUM WEAPONS

If the link works, that's the picture of all the new Australium Weapons.
I only have 1 ToD ticket, but I'm definitely up for a try at the missions, even though one ticket won't do it.

aww none of the weapons i use :( oh well.

Plasma

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
    • HyperionGaming.org
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2013, 12:29:10 PM »
These weapons look so cool.
I'll take one Australium sniper rifle, thank you.
(I hope they're not going to be super rare...)
Public Group:
--
Private Group:

ApatheticMango

• Verified Member
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2013, 01:57:36 PM »
I think I saw someone say it was 10% chance at the end of the tour. No clue where that number came from though; seems a little high to me.

Plasma

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
    • HyperionGaming.org
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2013, 03:51:55 PM »
If they're that common, they should drop in price after 6 months.
We'll see.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2013, 05:15:28 PM by Plasma »
Public Group:
--
Private Group:

bluezhaan

• Verified Member
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2013, 01:46:20 PM »
Was gonna get a gold minigun, but just saw one ingame, it was pretty underwhelming.  Could just be my monitor though which is shit for colors, ASUS VG248QE.  These should be called liberace weapons tho with all that bling.

[SLUG] God Loves Ugly :D

• Verified Member
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2014, 11:06:56 AM »
I think they'll drop in price in about 6 months. The carbanado weapons used to be worth a ton and now they're worth only two refined at the most. Just the way the item life cycle works. Even the Direct Hit was worth a lot when it first came out.

ApatheticMango

• Verified Member
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2014, 05:23:33 PM »
Didn't Carbonado stuff drop more often though? If you look at Blood Botkillers they're still really expensive. Same with Gold Botkillers.

Sparrow

• TF2 Admin - Rank: 1
  • Verified Member
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2014, 10:50:02 PM »
Wouldn't say that it's a common drop, per se.
Seems like the average is one per 20 tours, give or take.
I'm willing to bet they'll mostly stay around 2 buds for the good ones with a lot more quick sells lowering them to a bud at times.

Pulling all of this out of thin air lol
Not all those who wander are lost.