*AuthorTopic: Admin chat.  (Read 2463 times)

torankusu

• Ex-Server Admin
  • Verified Member
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
Admin chat.
« on: April 04, 2012, 07:42:47 PM »
The !request feature is advertised periodically in chat and I see that now we have the !revote tip added also. I was wondering we could throw another tip in for admin chat (starting a sentence with @ in team chat). I know sometimes people don't want to make their complaints public. Some people will IM me directly if we're already friends, but I don't expect people who are just starting to play in our server to add admins or to even know who they are.

Cirno

• Ex-Server Admin
  • Verified Member
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
Re: Admin chat.
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2012, 03:00:23 AM »
I was thinking the exact same thing, only you actually got around to saying it. :D

Plasma

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
    • HyperionGaming.org
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2012, 12:53:31 PM »
I haven't used the command in some time, but I believe after you typed !request to contact an admin, it tells you about the team_chat @blablabla command to talk to admins privately. This is definitely something we could advertise, as I'm sure few players know about it. We'll consider adding it to the list of ads; we already have quite a long list of text ads in-game, and we don't want to spam our players. Something we've been considering is adding a motd style page that can be accessed with a single text command like: !info It would then open a motd webpage in-game with the list of all the commands we're currently advertising through text ads. That would probably be the best solution.
Public Group:
--
Private Group:

Cirno

• Ex-Server Admin
  • Verified Member
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2012, 02:44:37 PM »
I haven't used the command in some time, but I believe after you typed !request to contact an admin, it tells you about the team_chat @blablabla command to talk to admins privately.

It does, I tried it just now.

torankusu

• Ex-Server Admin
  • Verified Member
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2012, 07:37:04 PM »
I haven't used the command in some time, but I believe after you typed !request to contact an admin, it tells you about the team_chat @blablabla command to talk to admins privately. This is definitely something we could advertise, as I'm sure few players know about it. We'll consider adding it to the list of ads; we already have quite a long list of text ads in-game, and we don't want to spam our players. Something we've been considering is adding a motd style page that can be accessed with a single text command like: !info It would then open a motd webpage in-game with the list of all the commands we're currently advertising through text ads. That would probably be the best solution.
That sounds like a neat idea.

I haven't used the !request feature in a while either; that's good to know!