*AuthorTopic: Banned for wearing another clan's tag for fun  (Read 5060 times)

ATARIS

• Eat it Hankey.
  • Verified Member
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
Banned for wearing another clan's tag for fun
« on: March 23, 2012, 06:45:31 PM »
So I wear a clan tag for fun that's not even hyperion and I got banned without warning.  I didn't see a warning nor got a PM but I got instabanned.  I assume a player named Missa kept crying to an admin since she can't take a joke so whatever I wont' wear the =EGC= clan tag anymore.    Unban me thanks.

Cirno

• Ex-Server Admin
  • Verified Member
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
Re: Banned for wearing another clan's tag for fun
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2012, 06:57:58 PM »
An admin (torankusu) asked you to remove the tag:

Code: [Select]
3/23 6:37:00pm Player ᴺᴿᴳ ATARIS` ツ CLAN LEAD changed name to =EGC= ᴺᴿᴳ ATARIS` ツ CLA
3/23 6:37:32pm [TEAM] =EGC= --=Missa=--: really???? please take those tags off...you are not EGC
3/23 6:37:46pm -=EGC=- ᴺᴿᴳ |GDD| Wheathi: ataris said i can
3/23 6:37:49pm -=EGC=- ᴺᴿᴳ |GDD| Wheathi: hes hte leader
3/23 6:37:55pm ᴺᴿᴳ Spartan X: ROFL
3/23 6:37:59pm [TEAM] =EGC= --=Missa=--: he is not the leader......
3/23 6:37:59pm ᴺᴿᴳ torankusu: take them off

And this is not the first time you have fought with Missa:
Code: [Select]
Missa: Mar 17, 2012 6:43:40 pm Ataris you team stacking whore!!!!!							
ATARIS: Mar 17, 2012 6:43:44 pm huh
ATARIS: Mar 17, 2012 6:43:48 pm you said you didn't want me to be on your team
Missa: Mar 17, 2012 6:43:50 pm oh wait....nm....you suck
ATARIS: Mar 17, 2012 6:43:56 pm hahaa wow
ATARIS: Mar 17, 2012 6:43:59 pm what i do to you
ATARIS: Mar 17, 2012 6:44:20 pm youc ome into this server saynig it's secondary to yoru evga or whatever retard clan and then just rnadomly talks hit ok
Missa: Mar 17, 2012 6:44:30 pm ummm no I didn't
ATARIS: Mar 17, 2012 6:44:53 pm yeah you said i sucked
Missa: Mar 17, 2012 6:45:02 pm get your facts straight.....I said I play here because there's never anyone on the evga servers. Don't be a dick
ATARIS: Mar 17, 2012 6:45:11 pm ok fattie
Missa: Mar 17, 2012 6:45:31 pm hahaha ok....I'm done feeding you....troll!!!!
ATARIS: Mar 17, 2012 6:45:42 pm somebody mad heheheh
Missa: Mar 17, 2012 6:46:16 pm nope....I'm not mad. Just being the better person and going to ignore you now.

ATARIS

• Eat it Hankey.
  • Verified Member
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2012, 07:01:38 PM »
I was NOT aware torankusu was an admin (I know now from Spartan) otherwise I would've listened.  So what is this a permaban?

ATARIS

• Eat it Hankey.
  • Verified Member
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2012, 07:03:02 PM »
I've changed my name tag to NRG and other clan names and no one has EVER complained, and even if Missa complained today I didn't talk to her, but you know what I won't tag up EGC anymore since that clan is sensitive.

Cirno

• Ex-Server Admin
  • Verified Member
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2012, 07:07:47 PM »
Anyone with a green name is an admin. This is only a 24 hour ban.

You were trolling intentionally. You know it, I know it. Don't try and deny it. Just learn from it and move on.

ATARIS

• Eat it Hankey.
  • Verified Member
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2012, 07:11:31 PM »
Alright I won't deny it (for what honesty is worth and admitting to trolling), I will address I was merely defending myself that one day because she did verbally attack me and kept telling me everytime i join a team that I make them lose. This was one night when I just connect into the server without saying anything and get attacked lol.  But honestly is wearing a clan tag really THAT offensive?  I've changed my name like 8 times every night and haven't gotten a complaint, but I wont' wear =EGC= anymore so that she won't complain and get me banned again.

I honestly think 24 hours is a bit long since I do play here every night and weekend, and I also was unaware green names were admins and I'm pretty sure you guys know I would've listened anyway.  I also would like to point out that I get along with ALL regulars and am a lil shocked this should be 24 hours especially since I didn't see the initial warning.  You know with all the server msg's/character communication/and chatting that sometimes its' hard to see it!  Had I known I gotten a warning I would've immediately taken action. 
« Last Edit: March 23, 2012, 07:27:46 PM by ATARIS »

torankusu

• Ex-Server Admin
  • Verified Member
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2012, 07:28:30 PM »
So I wear a clan tag for fun that's not even hyperion and I got banned without warning.  I didn't see a warning nor got a PM but I got instabanned.

It doesn't matter if it's our tag or not. Throughout my years of online gaming, I've seen plenty of clans have problems with people who, without permission, add their clan tags to their names. Sometimes, if they're actually friends with them, it'll be okay to do it temporarily -- they know it's a joke. I know, I've done it with my friends. It was pretty obvious this wasn't the case with Missa.

I assume a player named Missa kept crying to an admin since she can't take a joke so whatever I wont' wear the =EGC= clan tag anymore.    Unban me thanks.

You shouldn't assume things. It was in chat; an admin (me) was in the server. Also, if you're asking for favors and such, you might want to ask instead of demand.

I've changed my name tag to NRG and other clan names and no one has EVER complained, and even if Missa complained today I didn't talk to her, but you know what I won't tag up EGC anymore since that clan is sensitive.

I did receive a PM from someone from NRG shortly before you were banned.

ATARIS

• Eat it Hankey.
  • Verified Member
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2012, 07:30:38 PM »
Sorry I re-read that and yes it does sound like a demand, so I am asking for the lift.  I honestly didn't know about the green name and you being an admin or else I would've immediately listened trust me.  As out of control as I am sometimes when I joking on the server you guys know I always listen to admins =[
« Last Edit: March 23, 2012, 07:36:24 PM by ATARIS »

missa

« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2012, 03:15:35 AM »
I just want to make it clear that I didn't go complaining to anyone today. You got banned on your own....not by me doing anything.

And yes it is sensitive regarding clan tags. Clan tags represent a group of people and whoever has those clan tags on represent that group. Unfortunately your actions are not one that we would like represented.

Also, you were recruiting on the server. That is against the rules.

Plasma

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
    • HyperionGaming.org
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2012, 01:42:55 PM »
There's nothing else to add to this thread.
Closed.
Public Group:
--
Private Group: