*AuthorTopic: Scramble...  (Read 6865 times)

Wolfpup

• TF2 Admin - Rank: 2
  • Junior Admin
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
Re: Scramble...
« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2013, 03:09:36 PM »
Will do.

amanderr

• Verified Member
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2013, 08:37:09 PM »
I'm so happy to see that forum post that we can vote for new maps! It's been years since I've played everest. I wish I could vote for all of them!  :D Anyways, I wasn't necessarily saying it would be a good idea to make the payload server into an all map type server, I just meant that the variety can be super refreshing. But even then, I've played on a payload server that didn't use voting and they just rotate through a ton of regular and almost all the custom payload maps and it was successful. They had a community too, like HG. I just know it IS possible to have a payload server that successfully runs without constant goldrush etcetc. It can be done! The difference there is that they forced the custom maps on people  :P
I don't know if it's possible, but i had an idea regarding voting- is there any way to make donators votes count more than quickplay folks? I feel like the people who play on HG a lot are the ones wanting the custom maps, and it'd be cool if our votes counted double or something during voting (so that, when those of us are on who do want the less popular maps, they can actually get chosen instead of overturned by quickplay people). And then maybe just reduce the custom maps at night to keep the quickplay people coming.

amanderr

• Verified Member
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2013, 08:39:25 PM »
Also, thank you for actually reading our opinions and taking them into consideration! I think that's what makes HG really nice compared to other communities. A lot of time the admins don't really wanna change anything and don't read comments. You guys are very attentive, so thanks for that.