*AuthorTopic: 120 minute silence after 8 seconds of Whitney Houston < ridiculous  (Read 2087 times)

Active members:
John from Sweden(1)

Ghosty

I've played on this server several times of the past week and have been very happy with the community and been a big fan. Played at approximately the same time every night and have really enjoyed myself. Tonight not so much. After losing a game I played a 8 seconds sound clip of Whitney Houston's I Will Always Love You. Approximately for 4-8 seconds. And then stopped. I was not asked to stop, this is something I've been doing the past 2 nights and received huge roars of laughter from non-HG members and HG members alike. Enforcer and many others. My clips are funny songs that I will play at the end of rounds like Marvin Gaye Lets Get It On, The Bee Gees, Whitney Houston, Celine Dion. It is not low quality. It is not blaringly loud. And it is never spam or played over 10 seconds. It's merely for entertainment and laughs to release any frustration for the losing team and enjoyment and relief for the winning team.

Tonight was completely ridiculous. The reception was the exact same, a roar of laughter and good times. 15 seconds or so into the new round I was hit with the 120 minute silence, to which everyone goes :/ aww.... I wasn't asked to stop. I was not warned. No one had a problem. I don't know who your mute happy admin is, but I'd sure like for someone to look into this. Last night was especially fun, the server was rolling and dying to hear what the next song would be played at the end of the round. Whoever this 1 admin out of 100 good ones needs to lighten up and realize it's actually good for the server and keeps people coming back. And if you want me to stop, just tell me. I wouldn't have done it again and hurt whoever's admins feelings this was with another 5 seconds of music.

John from Sweden

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
Re: 120 minute silence after 8 seconds of Whitney Houston < ridiculous
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2014, 12:59:31 AM »
(I will not get into this discussion since I wasn't there and I'm not an admin.
Just want to point out one of the least known feature in TF2... anyone. can. mute. anyone!
You hit escape and where it says "resume game" there is an ear icon. Click that and you get a list of current players and spectators. Mute (and unmute) anyone.)