*AuthorTopic: ataris 2  (Read 8661 times)

SV.Gaming WIZARD

• Verified Member
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
Re: ataris 2
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2012, 08:04:06 PM »
honestly its just a tag. people come from different games and keep their tag. i know an entire NRG clan in starcraft 2 but thinking of it now i don't think its the same NRG as yours.

there are a bunch of people out there using  tags unintentionally
 Â¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Ataris can be a troll/ loud character, but who isn't from time to time , hell it makes the game even more fun with rivalry/drama   
just my opinion

`ecks.

• Verified Member
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2012, 07:22:14 PM »
Lmao, what a bunch of stupid bullshit.  Go cut your wrist some more.

Captain_YOLO

• Verified Member
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2012, 11:55:33 AM »
Hey, I just wanted to post something here, with the context that i am looking onto this post as a simple bystander, as i have not witnessed any of the commotion posted in this thread first hand.
I would however, like to say...Magnifico, perhaps you are overreacting a bit, i mean, Ataris and his buddies are there to have fun, just as you are, maybe you should look at this from a more "high road" standpoint, roll with the punches, and learn to just go with the flow. What I'm trying to say is, don't let them bother you.
Ataris is not in the wrong here. Perhaps it is juvenile what he is doing, but its the internet, shit like this happens everyday. All of this was blown way out of proportion.
Personally, i like Ataris, I've never had a problem with him, and his personality spices up the game.  :D
My word may not count for much, but i thought id just say my two cents, and hopefully this whole thing can get resolved quick and easy. :)

ATARIS

• Eat it Hankey.
  • Verified Member
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2012, 03:30:09 PM »
WE'RE ALL TOP KNOTCH WEST COAST BABY.  THATS' WHAT'S UP.  YOU AND CAPTAIN MAKE IT HAPPEN.

[SLUG] God Loves Ugly :D

• Verified Member
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 20, 2012, 04:11:19 PM »
Come on guys, can't we all just get along. I enjoy playing with many of the people in this thread and almost all of you are on my friends list in Steam. Let's not turn this place into Top Notch Clan.

missa

• Verified Member
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 23, 2012, 01:29:20 AM »
It's not fun playing on the Hyperion servers anymore. Ataris has gotten way out of hand. I'm not even talking about the tag thing that's going on. I'm talking about the outright harassment he displays. I can't even play in there without his rude and personal attacks. Ataris will end up running people out of the server and nothing will be done because he donates to the server and is buddies with the admins on here. I've removed Hyperion from my favorites and will no longer play on the server or dump anymore of my money into the servers. I'm happy to contribute to a community that makes the players happy and gets rid of the ones that harass other players and since this will NEVER happen here, I'm done. Now I'm sure Ataris is going to come on here and have some smart ass remark to say and that's ok. That's his right to do so. I just don't care anymore. So no, Mag is NOT over reacting, he is speaking the truth. He's also wasting his time because nothing will ever be done to fix the situation.

ATARIS

• Eat it Hankey.
  • Verified Member
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 23, 2012, 01:34:54 AM »
I'm glad you used spell check before writing this.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2012, 01:48:53 AM by ATARIS »

missa

• Verified Member
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 23, 2012, 01:54:12 AM »
Yeah because life is all about spelling right? You need a new hobby.

Dave

• Co-Admin
  • Activity:
    0%
  • There can only be (1)Dave
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 23, 2012, 03:22:20 AM »
Banned 1 week for harassment.

Thread closed.
-Dave
Co-Admin

Dave

• Co-Admin
  • Activity:
    0%
  • There can only be (1)Dave
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 23, 2012, 08:01:28 PM »
Just to clarify, I talked to both ataris and missa and looked through chat logs before issuing a ban. What I saw was intentional and repeated usage of upsetting remarks from ataris toward missa. Some of it spilled into this very thread, as well as ataris's steam profile.

That's not to say missa did not provoke ataris or say upsetting things toward him. From what I can tell, both acted immaturely. But since both are long time community members and contributors, I tried to be lenient on each. We have no tolerance for harassment because it creates an unwelcoming environment, so normally it's a permanent ban. But I opted for a 7-day ban instead.

But I believe, judging from some past complaints, that part of the problem is the usage of mics and chat. Here's some suggestions that will hopefully prevent this kind of thing from escalating:
- Test your mic volume. If your volume is too loud, or you're talking too close to your mic, it may aggravate others.
- Try not to shout into your mic or dominate voice chat. People tend to get annoyed.
- Try not to taunt players too often in chat. Taunting is part of the game, but spamming a message every kill is overdoing it.

Somewhat related is complaints of team stacking. My stance on steam stacking is that if you want to play on the same team as your friend, that's perfectly fine. The rule on team stacking is mainly to prevent whole clans from stacking one team. It's not to prevent people from playing with a friend. But sometimes it chains, and multiple friends end up on the same team, and that may stack the teams in their favor. For that scenario, we have auto scramble.

If a player is auto scrambled or auto balanced and attempts to switch teams, there's a 4-minute wait period. But that, and other settings, can be tweaked. All it takes is to create a thread and start a discussion. I've always listened to players and have on numerous occasions adjusted values for gscramble.
-Dave
Co-Admin