*AuthorTopic: Remove pl_manngrove_rc5  (Read 4326 times)

starcrunch

• Verified Member
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
Remove pl_manngrove_rc5
« on: August 23, 2014, 01:52:57 PM »
This map is very unbalanced. It is almost impossible to get past the second point if there are sentries in the attic area. The last handful of times I've played this map I haven't seen a single team get past that point (even with a stacked team  :) ). I also think everyone knows this now because this map consistently kills the server. There are plenty of great PL maps out there that could be added in place of this one.

What are your thoughts on this map?

cowking

• Moo
  • Verified Member
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Moo
    • View Profile
Re: Remove pl_manngrove_rc5
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2014, 06:35:23 PM »
Yes plz also plz remove barnblitz and add the pro version already.

Vic-Dog

• Verified Member
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2014, 06:45:33 PM »
I like the map but it ALWAYS causes players to quit so removing and replacing it
would be a good idea. I really like Hydro but I don't know if there is a PL version.

[SLUG] God Loves Ugly :D

• Verified Member
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2014, 10:59:35 AM »
Ironically, after reading this post I went to play some TF2 and manngrove was being played, and surprisingly I actually won on blue team. I would have to say it took an inordinate amount of team work and cooperation to take down the four various sentries that kept being set up at the last point and multiple ubers being used simultaneously.

This is the only time that I have ever won on blue. I agree with the others and suggest that this map be remove and replaced.

Yolo Swaggins

• Verified Member
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2014, 03:58:26 PM »
Remove manngrove and hoodoo for great justice

Plasma

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
    • HyperionGaming.org
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2014, 11:06:11 AM »
We won't remove official maps (at least for now), but we'd like to remove some current custom maps (the ones that are unpopular/not fun) to replace them with new ones.

Is manngrove a map that should be removed?
Public Group:
--
Private Group:

Wolfpup

• TF2 Admin - Rank: 2
  • Junior Admin
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2014, 02:18:01 PM »
I see no reason to remove it personally. Especially if we are getting new maps to choose from. If it wins a vote, it wins, otherwise "the community has spoken" via voting.

I was wondering if we could have more than 3 maps + extend map in each vote. I think 4 would be perfect with new additions. Hell, outside of a few of us seeding the server, I have never seen extend map win a vote. I recall twice it ever being used and winning.

Nehalem

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2014, 07:18:08 PM »
I see no reason to remove it personally. Especially if we are getting new maps to choose from. If it wins a vote, it wins, otherwise "the community has spoken" via voting.

I was wondering if we could have more than 3 maps + extend map in each vote. I think 4 would be perfect with new additions. Hell, outside of a few of us seeding the server, I have never seen extend map win a vote. I recall twice it ever being used and winning.

That would be nice. There have been cases where all of the vote choices are terrible in my opinion. I have voted for mangrove before. Not because I like it at all but only because the alternatives were worse.
Disrespectful Admin:
women-tiger<thai [$5 long luv]-"Fuck nehalem. He can suck my dick | Damn, i cant match aimbot | Easy with that aimbot | One day im gonna catch u aimbot and gonna ban | toggle is too strong | I cant match your toggle"

DrunkUncle

• Verified Member
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2014, 11:18:51 PM »
manngrove and deadwood should both go they both have terrible win ratios as this shows,  http://stats.hyperiongaming.org/maps/tf
adding more options to the map vote would be pretty nice also
"But if you were right and someone was using a bot then recording a demo and posting it here and having someone experienced review it tick by tick would reveal that bot and you could "catch" me."
"I was never kicked from the server?"

Plasma

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
    • HyperionGaming.org
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2014, 11:56:56 PM »
New custom maps have been added. They're on the Payload server, but not available in the mapchooser yet. We're still working on that. Hoping to have them ready tomorrow or Thursday. In the meantime, you can see the new Rotation here: http://hyperiongaming.org/index.php?topic=539.0

As you can see, 7 new maps have been added, and 3 were removed (pl_deadwood, pl_metropolis_b5 and pl_manngrove_rc5). Barnblitz_pro has been added as well, but we might have to keep the official version in the rotation (easiest solution, but we might be able to replace the official version with the pro completely).
« Last Edit: September 24, 2014, 01:42:06 AM by Plasma »
Public Group:
--
Private Group:

Plasma

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
    • HyperionGaming.org
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2014, 11:19:59 AM »
Unfortunately, with yesterday's patch Valve once again managed to add some weird specific crash that only affects the Payload server. Sometimes I get paranoid, and feel like they're looking for ways to make me mad. Seriously, a crash that only affects servers running a specific OS version and run only PL maps. ;)
--
That crash was happening on every single map change, so we've been forced to play a looot more badwater than the daily dose prescribed by FDA. However, since Thursday, the new custom maps have been added to the mapchooser, and should now show up during map votes.

Please bear in mind that the mapchooser won't pick all the new custom maps in a row. It depends on time of day, number of players currently on the server and the last few maps played. Best time for custom maps is prime time in the evening.

I'd like to try to keep all maps suggestions and feedback in the same thread, as we already have a few different topics talking about the same thing scattered around the boards.

Please post your suggestions/thoughts in this thread: http://hyperiongaming.org/index.php?topic=499.0

I'll be merging/closing other threads talking about custom maps.
Public Group:
--
Private Group: