*AuthorTopic: Crashes, Reserved Slots - Today's Patch -> FIXED!  (Read 2679 times)

Active members:
Wolfpup(2) Plasma(5)

Plasma

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
    • HyperionGaming.org
Crashes, Reserved Slots - Today's Patch -> FIXED!
« on: May 15, 2014, 05:15:28 PM »
UPDATE: All problems should now be fixed. Reserved slots are working once again.
Please contact me via PM if you have any issues/questions.

With today's patch for TF2, Valve changed a lot of base coding stuff, resulting in a lot of Sourcemod plugins that can't load properly. Until the Sourcemod devs release a new version that fixes these issues, I'm expecting frequent crashes as well as some features not working properly such as sprays and reserved slots.

For Donors: If you can't seem to connect to the server while it's full via the reserved slots command/script, don't worry. That's because of today's patch. I'm checking the Sourcemod forums every few minutes to see if they have released a solution. I'm very sorry about this.

I'll update this post when I have more information or a fix.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2014, 10:11:45 PM by Plasma »
Public Group:
--
Private Group:

Plasma

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
    • HyperionGaming.org
Re: Crashes, Reserved Slots - Today's Patch
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2014, 09:42:36 PM »
Alright, the SM devs released a new build that seems to fix almost all issues, except reserved slots.
I think I found a solution, I just need to do a final restart on Payload to install the fix.

I'm sorry again for the many crashes, restarts and not being able to use the reserved slots tonight... It was out of my control, Valve simply didn't warn the SM devs nor server ops about the contents of today's patch, which means we were all taken by surprise.

I'll update this post one more time when everything is back to normal, especially the reserved slots.
Public Group:
--
Private Group:

Plasma

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
    • HyperionGaming.org
Re: Crashes, Reserved Slots - Today's Patch
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2014, 10:10:47 PM »
Alright, I think this time I've fixed everything.
Sorry again to all of you playing on the Payload server tonight, I had to restart the server several times.

Reserved slots should be working properly once again.
You can contact me via PM if you have any questions or issues!

Valve, please release new patches with major engine changes on TF2 beta branch, or at least talk to the SM devs first...
Public Group:
--
Private Group:

Wolfpup

• TF2 Admin - Rank: 2
  • Junior Admin
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
Re: Crashes, Reserved Slots - Today's Patch -> FIXED!
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2014, 07:16:06 AM »
Thanks for being on top of this, as best you could be.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, it's nice to be part of a community where the leadership cares...and is on the ball...unlike SourceOP.

Thanks Plasma. :)

Plasma

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
    • HyperionGaming.org
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2014, 01:00:45 PM »
Haha, thank you.

I don't think I've ever played on SourceOP servers. Before starting HyperionGaming.org with Dave, I used to play a lot on the LotusClan and TheVille servers. There was another server too, but I can't remember the name, and that was our first goal: to try to beat that server in GameTracker's rankings.

I never expected the Payload server would be able to reach the Top20, even less being ranked 1st for just a few days. However, GameTracker rankings only shows how much traffic a server receives, doesn't mean anything about it's "quality". It's obviously easier for 32 slots servers to be higher in the rankings, as well as Idle/Achievements servers. There aren't many servers running "vanilla" TF2 with some custom maps in the top 20, and I'm always surprised we're one of them.

I also think Payload's skill level for a 32 slot public server is higher than average. I don't consider myself any good at all at this game, but my K/D ratio takes a nose dive when I start playing on the Payload server compared to other communities or Valve's.

Now, I know I could do better. I've promised several things a few weeks ago, and they haven't been implemented yet. I really consider this community as a hobby, therefore I'm often very slow to add new features. However, I always try my best to keep the servers downtime as low as possible.

Worse, I also do tend to promise a lot, so I'm sorry for that. And I suck at giving ETAs, so I won't do that, but I haven't forgotten about: trying deadtalk for a while, adding barnblitz pro, and a few other things.

As for NS2 servers, same thing: I haven't forgotten about adding a Donor membership with reserved slots.

The one thing I can't do myself though is anything related to graphic editors. Chainspell used to make these awesome MOTD/banners, etc... but he's been away for almost 2 months, so I can't promise new MOTDs or banners for now :)

I've been a bit slow with steamgifts.com giveaways too. I'll try to keep making them every 2 weeks or so. I haven't found a good way to advertise them though, I don't like making announcements via steam groups, it can get out of hands very quickly once you have more than 4-5 groups.

Heh, guess that was a short "what's going on" update.

Public Group:
--
Private Group:

Wolfpup

• TF2 Admin - Rank: 2
  • Junior Admin
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2014, 02:44:39 PM »
SourceOP was good at one time, but then Drunken Fool started working for Valve and it all went down hill from there. I guess I can understand him getting busy but he could have handed over the power to someone he trusted to do the little things regulars want. Like add/change maps etc.

I normally don't play other servers. I find one community I like and stick with their server/s. If that groups server/s goes down we usually all move together as a group to a new communities server/s. But I digress. I did play a Valve server the other day out of boredom. New round started, by end of round, I was well over double the next closest person on either team.... It was like shooting fish in a barrel. :D This is why I play with the same group of friends on good communities, the skill/effort level is night and day. Though, there are always those games where snipers and spies are more important than ya know, medics and stuff. ::) But when it's a bunch of regs who still like to actually play Team Fortress 2, it's a blast!!

Anyway. Let me end this with we (I think I can safely speak for most formerly SOP people.) appreciate everything you do, even if it takes a bit of time. :)

Plasma

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
    • HyperionGaming.org
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2014, 10:42:35 PM »
Thanks ;)

Public Group:
--
Private Group: