*AuthorTopic: Map vote heirarchy and PLR removal suggestion.  (Read 2670 times)

[SLUG] God Loves Ugly :D

• Verified Member
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
Map vote heirarchy and PLR removal suggestion.
« on: December 29, 2013, 03:57:58 PM »
Hello,

Still having a blast on the servers but I wanted to suggest some things that I feel would improve the overall server experience. First one is, and I don't even know if it's possible, could you guys look into "scrambling" the order of the maps when a vote pops up for them. The reason I ask is because the top choice is usually Badwater or Gold Rush. This results I think in people pressing "F1" instead of actually voting and as a result, sometimes the map rotation goes from Gold Rush to Badwater and none of the new maps are played. I love BW and GR as much as the next guy, but a little variety is nice every now and then.

Second suggestion, can you remove the PLR maps altogether and maybe add 1 or 2 new PL maps? Nobody ever votes for those and they almost never get played. Just some suggestions, love your servers and keep up the good work.

- Slug

Dave

• Co-Admin
  • Activity:
    0%
  • There can only be (1)Dave
    • View Profile
Re: Map vote heirarchy and PLR removal suggestion.
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2013, 04:54:41 PM »
Unfortunately the map order is fixed because of the way the map chooser is set up. But to offset the "F1" factor, the votes for the first map sometimes have less weight, meaning it requires more votes for that map to be chosen.

We'll have to see about the PLR maps. They'll probably eventually be removed.

As for new maps, any suggestions are welcome. Check out chainspell's thread.
-Dave
Co-Admin