*AuthorTopic: More detail for bans/reporting players/appeals  (Read 2136 times)

Active members:
Dave(1) Hadden(2)

Hadden

• Ex-Server Admin
  • Verified Member
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
More detail for bans/reporting players/appeals
« on: September 10, 2011, 06:10:22 PM »
Hey Dave/Plasma,

Another idea I had for the forum was a more detailed section regarding players being banned, and users reporting players.  The layout is pretty straight forward.

First, we have a section for players to appeal a ban.  That would stay as is.  Perhaps rename it to that "Appeal a Ban".  If a user posts in that section, he would be required to post his Steam ID and a reason for the appeal, and it would be reviewed.  The ban would not be lifted until it was discussed with the admin who placed the ban.

Second, a section for reporting players.  Provide a detailed description of how to submit a ticket for review. Imgur screenshot, a demo, a video on YouTube, Steam ID's, etc, as much detail as possible.  From there, we would edit the title of the thread.  Example:

"Axon - Aimbot!"
"i went to spec and recorded a video of axon sniping getting 100x headshots he said he didnt hack but omfg this is crazy plzzz ban"

Admin responds: On review of your video, I have determined that this player is legit.  Thank you for your ticket, and have fun at HyperionGaming!

Admin edits thread title: "[NO BAN] Axon - Aimbot!"

And vice versa, rename thread to "[BANNED] Axon - Aimbot!" if the proof is legit.

This is a good way for players to see that something is being done when an issue arises.  And is also a bit more clear to current users who have been banned, on how to generate an appeal.

This could be added to the MOTD as (example) "Report hackers / ass-hattery on the forums." - "Banned? Appeal it at HyperionGaming.org"

Dave

• Co-Admin
  • Activity:
    0%
  • There can only be (1)Dave
    • View Profile
Re: More detail for bans/reporting players/appeals
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2011, 09:26:39 PM »
You can actually submit or protest bans through our Sourcebans Page. It's a bit obscure. We have been looking at a way for players to do this in-game. Also, we'll eventually add instructions on each of these features to the Complaints/Bans forum.
-Dave
Co-Admin

Hadden

• Ex-Server Admin
  • Verified Member
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
Re: More detail for bans/reporting players/appeals
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2011, 10:44:44 PM »
Thanks Dave, I did not know about this feature!