*AuthorTopic: Stats? Anyone care?  (Read 3247 times)

dj rogue

• Professional Ubercharger and Kritz Deployer
  • Verified Member
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Can a medic get a heal too?
    • View Profile
Stats? Anyone care?
« on: June 07, 2014, 09:13:08 AM »
     Well Hello Hyperion Community.  I was finally able to donate so I feel I am actually worthy of posting a new topic to these forums.  My name is Alex but you all probably know me as DJ Rogue.  I started playing this game when it released and the first community  I was a part of was No-Heroes.  That was a great community back before there was a stupid thing called Team-Scramble.  It was all about "try harder or UNINSTALL and walk away.  There were (and I'm sure still are) great players there.  My way of thinking has always been "you have to get your ass kicked to get better".  I really believe this. I believe team scramble breaks the game because it doesn't encourage trying harder.
     While at No-Heroes I started amassing a great core group of pretty skilled pub players into my friends list and eventually myself and a big group of others  broke off and formed the Clan and gaming community DP (Double Penetration). 
     Oh and by the way this caused a lot of drama at No-Heroes.  Right after our servers went live, No-Heroes had a tournament and Dp just smashed No-Heroes best of the best. Which in turn led to my VIP priveledges & My admin status revoked at No-Heroes, and I got banned. I'm still banned.   It is what it is and I choose to remember that this place was where I first learned to play and it was nothing but a great experience.  Oh yea the same happened to all the players that wore the « ₯ » tag.
     So my time at « ₯ » was also a great experience.  I honed my medic skills more, really concentrated on not dying and using comms more.  The DP servers were awesome too because we kept everything stock except for custom Kill streak sounds(wish I really miss).  It was full of great players and eventually some of us wanted even more of a challenge and started pushing for a more competitive game experience so a lot of us started playin 6v6 matches, (pugs, then UGC etc.) and that attracted even more "really good" players to our servers.  It was great.  A lot of really good players like to still play in pubs...payload is fun.
     Well sometimes shit just don't work out and DP went away.  And so I moved on.  I've really enjoyed playing with the V3 community and Top Notch Clan...but eventually found you guys here at Hyperion and what struck me about this place was that it really reminded me of the « ₯ » Community in its prime.  There are great players here.  People don't talk shit much on the comms and when they do, its pretty funny and all in good fun. 
     Medic is by far my favorite class.  I have 3,687 hrs. played total on Team Fortress. Of that I have 1462 hrs. as Medic. 
     OMG is there a point to all this? YES THERE IS. I am a big stat whore. Like really bad.   If you look at the top 200 players in the USA which is out of a total of like 177,000+ players at GAMEME, like 75% of them are regulars at Hyperion.  Do you care about that?  I do. I wanna be number one because Bono says being number two is SHIT. Hahahaha.  I am slowing catching up in the Hyperion stats and ranks but since I'm late to the party and some of you have obviously been here from the beginning with your 900,000 points, it'll be a minute.  LOL. I just broke a 100,000 and I'm sitting at like 306 but I'll get there. So I'm wondering if anyone here is a stat whore like me. 
     In closing I just wanna say thank you for existing and having servers with an advanced teamplay environment.  You guys are awesome.

DJ ROGUE

chuy409

• Verified Member
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
Re: Stats? Anyone care?
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2014, 10:52:52 AM »
Hey! welcome to the server. This is a definitely great server-server-wise and player-wise. As for a matter of stats, i really dont care to be honest. I'm pretty new to this server as well. According to hyperion stats, I started playing August 2nd of 2012. So it is going to be 2 years already. Dam time flies. I just checked my rank and im really surprised. I never knew i was this high. I thought i was like in the 100dreds but being 31 blew me away. Anyways, enjoy it here.

dj rogue

• Professional Ubercharger and Kritz Deployer
  • Verified Member
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Can a medic get a heal too?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2014, 11:31:26 AM »
Yea like I said, a lot of the regulars are tops in the ranks. I like that.

elcarO

• Verified Member
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2014, 09:09:14 AM »
This is the same reason I ponied up the $ for a membership spot.  The skill level on the Hyperion servers is pretty hard to match.  You need to play with higher skilled people to get better, Hyperion provides that atmosphere.

JackCnKing

• Verified Member
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2014, 12:20:10 PM »
Yes! I love stats! That's why I want to get better...Lol

I always check my points whenever I die to see my progress.  :)

!gameme - nextplayer !gameme - nextplayer !gameme - nextplayer !gameme - nextplayer !gameme - nextplayer !gameme - nextplayer !gameme - nextplayer !gameme - nextplayer !gameme - nextplayer !gameme - nextplayer !gameme - nextplayer !gameme - nextplayer !gameme - nextplayer !gameme - nextplayer !gameme - nextplayer !gameme - nextplayer !gameme - nextplayer !gameme - nextplayer

Yolo Swaggins

• Verified Member
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2014, 02:49:52 PM »
RIP UT2k4

Had so much fun during it's prime and pub stomping with some of the top competitive players.

Certain servers were known for a high level of play and that's honestly where I had the most fun. Playing against people out of your league is the only way to get better.

Glad I found something similar in TF2