*AuthorTopic: Plugins Feedback  (Read 6517 times)

Dave

• Co-Admin
  • Activity:
    0%
  • There can only be (1)Dave
    • View Profile
Plugins Feedback
« on: August 19, 2011, 06:35:52 PM »
We run many mods, some of them being custom, on our server. We are constantly tweaking them, and getting feedback is an important part of getting their settings right.

If you have any feedback or comments, please post it here.

Here are some mods in particular I would like feedback for:
  • Mapchooser (the map vote that appears near the end of a map)
  • Auto Balance/Scramble
« Last Edit: August 21, 2011, 04:55:58 AM by Dave »
-Dave
Co-Admin

Hadden

• Ex-Server Admin
  • Verified Member
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
Re: Plugins Feedback
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2011, 02:13:09 PM »
Both are very nice plugins as it keeps the server populated.

Auto balance is a must, if it were not active the server would empty as people would constantly stack.

The map chooser is nice, as it let's people vote for what they want to play, not necessarily what the server has lined up in the rotation config.  Again, another nice way to keep the server populated.

You guys are doing a great job so far, I wouldn't change anything.

Bubble Man

• Verified Member
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2011, 12:16:43 AM »
Auto Balance is quirky and sometimes frustrating, but probably necessary.  I got switched after killing like 5 people back to back while still alive... bam dead/switched lol.

Mapchooser is cool but nothing ever wins except Badwater/Goldrush .... pretty much the first one on the list always wins... maybe mix that up?

Dave

• Co-Admin
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2011, 01:32:13 AM »
Auto Balance is quirky and sometimes frustrating, but probably necessary.  I got switched after killing like 5 people back to back while still alive... bam dead/switched lol.

Mapchooser is cool but nothing ever wins except Badwater/Goldrush .... pretty much the first one on the list always wins... maybe mix that up?
We actually have a simple way of adjusting the likelihood of a map getting chosen. I've just bumped up barnblitz and thundermountain a bit and bumped down upward a bit. Lets see how that goes.

I can try some larger changes tomorrow and see how it goes.
-Dave
Co-Admin

Plasma

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
    • HyperionGaming.org
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2011, 09:04:35 AM »
We really need to make sure the Payload server receives enough traffic at least in the early morning, so that it is ready to go for the whole day (and we don't have to seed). We noticed in the past that some PL maps scare everybody away on map change. That's why we keep the most popular maps on the 1st choice (and that's why they win most of the time).

I really want to play other PL maps at times, but unfortunately, lately we've had problems getting traffic during the "off" hours (which wasn't a problem before). I think Dave and I agree that as soon as we fixed that traffic issue, we will give other less popular maps a chance.
Public Group:
--
Private Group:

AlienDeceptions

« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2011, 01:08:17 PM »
We really need to make sure the Payload server receives enough traffic at least in the early morning, so that it is ready to go for the whole day (and we don't have to seed). We noticed in the past that some PL maps scare everybody away on map change. That's why we keep the most popular maps on the 1st choice (and that's why they win most of the time).

I really want to play other PL maps at times, but unfortunately, lately we've had problems getting traffic during the "off" hours (which wasn't a problem before). I think Dave and I agree that as soon as we fixed that traffic issue, we will give other less popular maps a chance.

Today was a good mix of maps. Thanks for doing this. It gets kind of old playing the same maps over and over again.

BastidBen

• Verified Member
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2012, 02:59:18 AM »
hallo, i actually coded the scramble balance plugin, so if u ever needed help with that, ask away... it is a really really verbose plugin and been trying to unkink a lot of things, like having a billion scramble modes, cuz i personally don't know what is the best way to sort the players :(

but i have started coming to these servers a lot, and something I have gotten used to from playing elsewhere is this medic ammo plugin.... when your medic gets to a certain % charge, it will begin telling him how much ammo the person he's healing has, and maybe i can persuade this to be added to the servers?
http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=1404406
I made this one as well, and its coded more cleanly than gscramble. scramble was my first plugin really, and it just kept being one idea/request being added and added on top of another, and it got sorta scary. lol

But the servers are fun, the people arent jerks, so keep up the splendid work :>

Dave

• Co-Admin
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2012, 12:18:19 PM »
Glad to have you on our servers  :)

Heh you know I've actually added a semi-fix to our version gscramble. It would scramble more than 50% of players, which is inefficient. For example, if 30 of 32 players were swapped, that would be the same as only swapping 2 players. So I added code to check for this and invert the swaps in that case.

I like the medic ammo plugin. I think I've seen it before actually. I'll probably take a look at it this weekend.
-Dave
Co-Admin

BastidBen

• Verified Member
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2012, 01:19:34 AM »
o wow i don't think ive ever seen the scramble be that crazy :o
curious to see what u did to fix it

Cirno

• Ex-Server Admin
  • Verified Member
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2012, 03:17:53 AM »
Nice to have you here. :)

The medic ammo plugin is a great idea. I can't tell you how many times I've been ubered with nothing but my pan left. :-X I always imagined the person playing medic making this face at me:

Plasma

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
    • HyperionGaming.org
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2012, 11:37:01 AM »
Welcome welcome, bastidben. I'm currently away, but when I come back next week, well definitely consider using your medic ammo plugin. It's those kind of plugins we're looking for: non-entrusive, improves gameplay and facilitates teamwork.
See you ingame :)
Public Group:
--
Private Group: