*AuthorTopic: KICK AFK DONORS IN SPEC  (Read 5673 times)

ATARIS

• Eat it Hankey.
  • Verified Member
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
KICK AFK DONORS IN SPEC
« on: April 09, 2015, 08:34:38 PM »
I am guilty of this and this happens a lot.  There are donors who go afk and sit in spec for 10-20 minutes when there are people who are waiting to join who don't donate.  I'm suggesting that you modify the afk manager to not exclude donors for even a specified amount of time to be fair for the many people who wait to auto join (and to keep the number of players on each team even).

Boskodelrose

• Verified Member
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
Re: KICK AFK DONORS IN SPEC
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2015, 03:54:59 AM »
Yes, its a bit unfair that donors don't get kicked at all, but saying we should also get kicked after however long it is while being AFK like non donors seems a bit much. Maybe like a bit longer than non donors? I mean, I can't be the only one who needs a smoke break between maps, and I don't want to get kicked just to boot someone off the server just when I want back in.

ATARIS

• Eat it Hankey.
  • Verified Member
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2015, 09:32:45 PM »
A bit longer is fine.  Maybe 5 minutes instead of what non-donors get....it's just annoying that i have friends taht want to join the server but a donor just went AFK in spec for 30 minutes.  Please add this mod.  Donors are donors.  they can re-enter the server at will at anytime.

MaverickST

• Verified Member
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2015, 03:03:45 PM »
Make this happen please.

Wolfpup

• TF2 Admin - Rank: 2
  • Junior Admin
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2015, 11:45:13 AM »
I don't make the decisions but I'd agree this is something we should look into.

I think 15-20 minutes should be plenty of time to do what needs doing. (Piss, smoke, whatever.) Anything beyond that and you are just crippling a team by 1+. (That 1+ player can make all the difference when it's full of regs/good players.)

P.S.

Oh yeah, and we have had at least 1 person come on in the last week just to be a d-bag by not doing anything, wasting a slot. I finally kicked them when the team started to complain after asking them to try, and they didn't. (Right after they said "If I don't get kicked for this... LMAO" kinda comment. So I did.)

« Last Edit: April 13, 2015, 11:49:35 AM by Wolfpup »

Plasma

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
    • HyperionGaming.org
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2015, 12:10:32 PM »
I'll see what I can do. The current system doesn't work well for a timelimit, it's either complete immunity to the AFK kicker or none. Since it is a donor perk, the AFK kick immunity has to be somewhat significant, but it's true it can be "abused" and penalize one team.

While I try to figure out a workaround, feel free to continue this discussion. From what I've read so far, 5 min seems too low, 30 min too long. Somewhere between 10 min and 20 min then. Obviously, if I figure a workaround within the current system, it will be easy to adjust that number later on, so there's room for experimentation.
Public Group:
--
Private Group:

ATARIS

• Eat it Hankey.
  • Verified Member
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2015, 08:54:12 PM »
I don't make the decisions but I'd agree this is something we should look into.

I think 15-20 minutes should be plenty of time to do what needs doing. (Piss, smoke, whatever.) Anything beyond that and you are just crippling a team by 1+. (That 1+ player can make all the difference when it's full of regs/good players.)

P.S.

Oh yeah, and we have had at least 1 person come on in the last week just to be a d-bag by not doing anything, wasting a slot. I finally kicked them when the team started to complain after asking them to try, and they didn't. (Right after they said "If I don't get kicked for this... LMAO" kinda comment. So I did.)

I think 15 minutes is excessive.  We should keep in mind if they're donors then there's no problem rejoining at will unlike non-donors.  I suggest 8-10 minutes

Plasma

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
    • HyperionGaming.org
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2015, 09:43:49 PM »
Right, but remember every time a donor/admin uses the reserved slots (if server is full of course) someone gets kicked. The system will try to avoid kicking VMs (regulars), but I'd like to avoid kicking players too often. Again, if I find a workaround the current system, that can be adjusted later on based on feedback.
Public Group:
--
Private Group:

freezing

• Verified Member
  • Activity:
    0%
  • It's not enough that I succeed, others should fail
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2015, 03:34:59 AM »
I don't see a problem with being kicked from spec if afk as a donor, i can just rejoin instantly when i get back. might as well just kick imo