*AuthorTopic: Class Limits?  (Read 6313 times)

audeeo

• Verified Member
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
Class Limits?
« on: July 24, 2013, 05:09:33 AM »
Does anyone else feel like there should be a limit of how many of each class a team can have? I'm currently connected to the main server and there are 9 snipers on the red team.  Maybe it's just me who thinks this is a problem. But I would love some feedback on what everyone else thinks too.

iShank

• Verified Member
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
Re: Class Limits?
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2013, 12:53:05 PM »
Yeah class limits on classes other than the spy would be nice. Maybe 4 snipers max?

Sandie

• Ex-Server Admin
  • Verified Member
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Oh hai!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2013, 12:56:23 PM »
I'd think if there were class limits it should be even for all classes. A team doesn't need 9 spies anymore then they need 9 snipers lol.

chuy409

• Verified Member
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2013, 06:11:32 PM »
There should be no class limitations except sniper and spy-capping it at 3 each.

ATARIS

• Eat it Hankey.
  • Verified Member
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2013, 09:54:20 PM »
I don't know about limiting sniper class. Really when there are instances of 5+ snipers it dwindles down after being called out loud.  Besides remember the rounds where we'd like to goof off and all choose one of the same class (except spy)? 

I think those rare moments are fun.

audeeo

• Verified Member
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2013, 01:01:19 AM »
i agree with sadie that there should be a limit on every class.  what's the point in trying to push if the other team has 6 sentries watching a choke. IE. pl_upward, last point.  but on the other hand, i do agree with ataris. it rarely happens when you can get everyone on a server to participate in unwritten rules, but when that happens it's fucken awesome.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2013, 01:19:38 AM by audeeo »

nostylee

• Verified Member
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2013, 09:31:34 PM »
There really shouldn't be class limits. And if there are, then donors should have immunity. The only problem I have with capping snipers and spies is usually you will have one or two people play the same class hugging the bottom of the scoreboard. It gives people with slow load times a disadvantage and makes it frustrating to play as you wish. If anyone remembers Day of Defeat: Source, you know what it's like.

ApatheticMango

• Verified Member
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2013, 11:02:03 PM »
A class cap on Engineer would be nice. Last point of Upward and Barn Blitz are damn near impossible with 4 or more Engineers.

Wolfpup

• TF2 Admin - Rank: 2
  • Junior Admin
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2013, 07:31:57 AM »
I've always felt sniper and spy needs capping on any server. Anything after 2 is simply dumb in my opinion. It ruins the game. I think a lot of people do it just to grief. (When you say something, other people decide to go play that class to......very annoying.)

I like this game, when people are actually playing as a team. 5+ Spy-pers (any combination) is counter productive to this game. The more support classes, the less the pushing power.

As far as engy, I've never had a real problem with limits. They have 4+ engies? Get 3-4 (good) medics to build uber and go in as a team....as Charley would say...."Winning".

So yeah, I'm in favour of limiting spy and sniper. Possibly scout to. (2x2x2)

No matter what, do not limit medics though. Medics are important!!

audeeo

• Verified Member
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2013, 06:57:42 PM »
i think 3 of each class would be best. but its not like this is going to be input into the server. just some friendly discussions on what everyone else thinks. 

TopGun

• Donor
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Gamer Forever
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2013, 01:14:07 AM »
I think admins ought to limit each class to a max of 3, which would force others to be something the team needs. 9 of anything is too much, unless both teams were all snipers or some other class, just for fun. I have played where we all only used melee weapons and no guns and it was fun. ;)

nostylee

• Verified Member
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2013, 07:29:42 AM »
Limiting each class to three is absurd. You're forcing people to play something they don't want to play, which in turn, forces them to find another server. I have never seen a server limit every class.

Sandie

• Ex-Server Admin
  • Verified Member
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Oh hai!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2013, 12:41:30 PM »
I used to play on the -TN- servers and they had class restrictions of 3 per class but donators were immune to the restrictions. Added incentive to donate and all that.

cassis

• Verified Member
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2013, 03:16:00 AM »
with the exception of spy and sniper, i don't think the classes should be capped. the dynamics of a game change based on the various combinations of classes on each team, which in my opinion is what makes overplayed maps like goldrush and badwater barely tolerable. capping classes like medic and engineer would make gameplay repetitive, needing a certain amount of ubers to get through sentries and sentries would only be able to be placed in so many strategic locations. a volley of demo spam may be frustrating, but it also makes the game interesting.

classes shouldn't be capped because they make a team stronger, there's always ways to counter things like demo kritz if people are competent. what should be capped are classes that drag the whole team down if they play horribly, like sniper and spy.

Falconeer

• Verified Member
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Friendly fire isn't...
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2013, 02:19:58 PM »
IMHO,
I see Hyperion as a high skill server.  I haven't seen class counts being a problem.  The couple of times I've seen a team with 'too many' of a class they generally were rolled fairly quickly.  Having been on both sides, it sucks to be on the skewed team.  However, it's a self-correcting problem.  Putting limits in place just seems like more attention than the issue deserves.

Falc

PS:  I play here because I believe the best way to improve is get killed (a LOT) by better players.  :D