*AuthorTopic: I've created suspicions and accusations of using spy "scripts"  (Read 4656 times)

Active members:
Kast Master(2) Plasma(2)

Kast Master

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
Hello, I'm new to Hyperion and have played about twice the last week and because I'm new to this server, I'll get nutty scores sometimes since not many people are aware of me. I was thinking about donating since it's an active west coast server(low ping) but  I've been recently accused of using "spy scripts" from several players (I think they were admins) on the server this night. I think I get lucky a lot in the server, and there aren't a lot of pyros.  Anyways, I want to clarify that there are no scripts being used and I would hate to see my donation get canceled because of these false accusations. This forum doesn't seem active recently so I have no idea how useful providing proof is, but here it is.

I streamed my game tonight, and please watch like 10 minutes and tell me if there are any scripts involved.
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/331873899
The accusations I received from the server are from the last couple of minutes of the VOD. If you my recorded screen and my performance have "scripts" in any way, please let me know below. You can see how I die a lot in the VOD and do absolutely nothing fancy, so I have no clue as to why an admin think I'm scripting.
Here's a 4-year-old video when I used to make spy videos.

Plasma

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
    • HyperionGaming.org
Re: I've created suspicions and accusations of using spy "scripts"
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2018, 09:12:32 PM »
Hey Kast Master,
I'll let admins know to take a look at your post. I'm not sure who "accused" you yet, so I'll get back to you when I've gathered more information. I understand if you'd rather wait a bit before donating.
Public Group:
--
Private Group:

Plasma

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
    • HyperionGaming.org
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2018, 11:22:39 PM »
So I talked to an admin, and he did warn you about using face stabbing scripts. Using scripts that exploit the wait command (among others) will result in a ban.
I'm just relaying the information, I don't play TF2 enough lately. I would suggest maybe holding off on donating, and instead playing a bit longer on the server.
Public Group:
--
Private Group:

Kast Master

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2018, 09:42:27 PM »
Thanks Plasma! I appreciate it! I'm not sure what the wait command is, but the only scripts I'm using are stabby's scripts which are found here.
https://www.reddit.com/r/tf2/comments/6gyz69/stabbys_everything_pack_2017_editionevery_dang/https://www.reddit.com/r/tf2/comments/6gyz69/stabbys_everything_pack_2017_editionevery_dang/
Basically all it does it hide the gun view model when I shoot, and the crosshair changes color when I hit WASD so that it flashes and makes it easier to shoot things. I'll wait a bit longer until the server is more familiar with me, thanks!