*AuthorTopic: Recent bans were fair?  (Read 3433 times)

chuy409

• Verified Member
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
Recent bans were fair?
« on: August 22, 2014, 11:48:05 PM »
Let me first say that I am completely neutral so i am not being bias towards anyone. I have seen these 4 individuals being banned. Can anyone tell/show me what they have done to deserve this ban? John from Sweden just posted the names of the people that were online and playing in the server while he disconnected. Did these individuals do something to make John leave the server during that session thus deserving the ban? If so, what did they do? If not, then why were the individuals listed by John banned and not the others that just happen to be offline? Just some food for thought. If it was for team staking then technically shouldn't RNG people be banned too? This recent rule made by Dave:

"Also, team stacking is against the rules. Playing with friends is not against the rules. But if you decide to clan up and stack a team with 4+ clan members, then it is team stacking"

RNG has a ton of players. The server can easily have 4+ rng members in each team. Where would a connecting rng member go? This can apply with any clan. Would this newly connected player fear of a ban and should disconnect? That is not really a good way to make the server friendly. Going back to the bans of these players. Was the ban issued because of the teamstack? Well if you guys have not known, these people have a UGC background. I wouldn't expect anything less from them looking from the picture posted by Vic-Dog in another thread named "ENC Team Stack". Another point, a while back, RNG was also up for debate for team stacking. The debate died down for one sole purpose. While we may teamstack, we usually NEVER win. That is how the discussion died. Now we have this ENC clan teamstacking, but also winning which contradicts what Dave posted recently:

"Acting like a "douchebag" is also against the rules, believe it or not. If you're making other people feel uncomfortable or making their experience unenjoyable, then you may get banned for it (this doesn't include winning a lot). We (mostly I) don't give warnings for this kind of behavior."

People were complaining that they were bullying. How so? I was in all sides of the spectrum (in their team and the opposing team) and did not hear or see any bullying. Yes, I did say someone was taunting me in the other thread but that can be that oddball from the group, you know. So i can say i only had issues with one person affiliated with that clan. If the people who claim to bully them provide some evidence I would surely appreciate it. Yes, I understand the stereotype they are showing but I have seen plenty of that by individuals. If anyone would have to be punished for being a "douchebag" it is me. Probably the whole server knows me as the person who trolls and/or is the most useless player in the team. I have seen people disconnect after I kill them in a certain manner that might not be the most appealing. In fact, recently I renamed myself to "Lazy Ass Engineer" and would just sit around using that new engineer taunt and do absolutely nothing. I think my actions are more damaging to the team than what this ENC has done. ENC clan certainly pushed the cart and all of that while I went and do stupid stuff.

And I want to remind you guys this is coming from a person who is not biased. In fact, I am very good buddies with Enforcer (maybe not for long after he sees this  :'( I hope this doesnt affect that). I am not taking a position here but questioning the bans more than anything else.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2014, 12:18:32 AM by chuy409 »

crocodilefighter

• Verified Member
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
Re: Recent bans were fair?
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2014, 12:24:49 AM »
Hey guys this is Boxing Kangaroo here. I'm a donator to this server, and similar to others I donated so that I could have priority access on HG so that I could play with my friends vhalin and sharpshot. They were recently permanently banned for being trolls, griefers and disrespecting admins without any evidence provided. Infact the only evidence that was provided in the last few weeks at all was evidence that enforcer abused his admin powers.

I donated to Hyperion to play with my friends, if my friends are going to be banned because enforcer has a problem with fake accents I'd like my $5 to be refunded.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2014, 12:33:43 AM by crocodilefighter »

Dave

• Co-Admin
  • Activity:
    0%
  • There can only be (1)Dave
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2014, 11:13:24 AM »
Chuy, you have a point that team stacking is not a black and white thing. It only becomes an issue when a group of players is very skilled. But you won't be banned for team stacking. Anyways, my comment on team stacking had nothing to do with the bans.

Crocodilefighter, this all began when vhalin began impersonating Enforcer, an admin, in name and voice, and it transitioned into ridicule, in the form of Australian-based names and vhalin's continued use of the fake Australian accent. You and others joined in. You guys even stole his clan tag.

The bans are based on the above points. Sorry if my post in the other thread was misleading. That post was in response to the posts in that thread, not the reasons for the bans.

For reference, crocodilefighter, here is your list of aliases: http://stats.hyperiongaming.org/player_histories/aliases/179230 . You were also impersonating Enforcer. Luckily for you, nobody noticed or complained about you.

You guys were targeting a player and making him feel unwelcome and uncomfortable. This kind of behavior is not tolerable against any player, yet alone an admin. People seem to be worried about bans, but nobody is worried about how Enforcer feels.

Also, vhalin (crocodile hunter) was previously permanently banned for harassing a female player on the server. The ban was only removed because he protested it. The new ban was taking into consideration his previous behavior on the server.

All in all, I'm very disappointed in these players. iShank was once a senior admin on this server, and he's since become a troll. Vhalin was given a second chance and ruined it. The other two players banned should have known better than to follow two reputable trolls.
-Dave
Co-Admin

chuy409

• Verified Member
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2014, 12:22:22 PM »
yes, I do understand Enforcer's feelings. I would constantly hear crocodile hunter talk with that Oceanic region accent and Enforcer would immediate tell him to shut up. I do understand that ridicule is not right. I talked to Enforcer how this came up to be. I do understand to punish these people for the ridicule. I do also understand that impersonating an admin is a very sensitive matter that shouldn't be taken lightly. I do believe a perma-mute (if that even exists?) is more applicable to this situation than a full-out permaban since that is what agitated Enforcer, who is the center victim of these bans. Their use of silly stereotypes and images attached to that should probably not punished. Why? There are other people I have seen with way more derogatory names and use of language in chat (for example, and i am no way trying to call him out to be punished but bobertz and constant calling people "neckbeards"). Again, not trying to call him out but if you look up the urban definition of that word, it is directly calling out every gamer in the server pretty nasty stuff. It is because they are a group and it makes them easy pickin' for people to complain about them. They did not pin-point any specific race,nationality,gender, religion or none of that except for Crocodile Hunter which did directly pointed out Enforcer.

I understand the victim of this issue is one of your admins and you guys have a very low tolerance point for that. I understand. If these people get to be unbanned and got the permamute, I would definitely require those people to issue an apology to the EMC clan and especially Enforcer since he the person to be directly called out. 
« Last Edit: August 23, 2014, 12:25:52 PM by chuy409 »

crocodilefighter

• Verified Member
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2014, 03:26:58 PM »
I will not be playing here because blatant admin abuse is tolerated and the admins are playing favorites. Enforcer and vhalin said sorry to eachother over steam after vhalin sent him a friends request and enforcer said "I'm sorry I'm being over sensitive because I've had a bad year due to my wife having cancer." Now this happens?

Please refund my $5 and add me to the ban list.

Dave

• Co-Admin
  • Activity:
    0%
  • There can only be (1)Dave
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2014, 03:59:53 PM »
I'm locking this thread. If anyone wishes to protest their ban, you can do so on the sourcebans page (http://sourcebans.hyperiongaming.org/).
-Dave
Co-Admin