*AuthorTopic: Autojoin Only  (Read 10986 times)

cowking

• Moo
  • Verified Member
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Moo
    • View Profile
Re: Autojoin Only
« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2014, 04:05:22 PM »
MOO YES! I want to play 32 vs 32 GOLDRUSH!!!

Yolo Swaggins

• Verified Member
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2014, 09:02:36 AM »
Stackers gonna stack..

Vic-Dog

• Verified Member
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2014, 01:22:36 AM »
This is my humble opinion, If there are certain players that outscore the rest of the
server by 2-1 or 3-1 then that team will win every time. When you have two players like that
on the same team, then they are unstoppable. It happens quite frequently during late night
game play. People get pissed when they get autobalanced to the losing team.  A couple of nights ago
a player got A/B to my team(non-stacked) and he typed "fuck this" and rage quit. I don't think
he was a regular. The RNG guys always team stack but they suck so it don't matter!
j/k... Please don't kill me Ataris

Plasma

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
    • HyperionGaming.org
« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2014, 11:57:29 AM »
I understand, but what's the solution?

Forcing players to auto join will incite the same type of reaction from people who don't want to be on the losing team. It might be worth actually, since then players can't play with their friends anymore. I bet you'll see donors/regulars spamming reconnect until they're placed in the team they want.

I could increase the autobalance/auto scramble even further, but it will cause even more ragequits. We could have admins force stackers to play "fair", but that requires "admin judgement", and you know how that ends up, even if it's an admin everybody agrees is "fair".

I don't play on the TN servers, so maybe Auto-join works perfectly there, and they don't have to deal with one team being clearly OP compared to the other.

The other thing too is teamwork. Every time one team is clearly dominant or a few players on the other team has 3x more kills than anybody else is because of teamwork: either demo+krit medic pairs or actual strategy (good team composition, communication, spies/engies doing their jobs...) The losing team is often just completely lone wolfing... so yea, maybe it's because the winning team is "stacking", but I think it's more because they work well together. (And yes, it's probably because they play together all the time, are friends IRL, or whatever, but I've seen losing teams get their shit together and actually win; it's doesn't happen often though I agree)

There aren't any settings in-game to force teamwork in a team, especially not on a 32 public server. I'm open to suggestions, but I don't see how forcing Auto-join will actually fix the problem (without making even more players unhappy.)
Public Group:
--
Private Group:

cowking

• Moo
  • Verified Member
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Moo
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 03, 2014, 09:00:31 AM »
WOW just WOW The RNG guys always team stack but they suck so it don't matter!