*AuthorTopic: scramble is broken  (Read 4201 times)

ATARIS

• Eat it Hankey.
  • Verified Member
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
scramble is broken
« on: December 10, 2013, 07:36:27 PM »
I'm sure everyone else realizes this but when one round is so far one sided it DOESN'T scramble.  I just witnessed 3 rounds of goldrush in under 5 minutes whereo ne team is getting steam rolled and no scramble was initiated....

ON THE OTHER HAND, it will scramble when a close round just finished?  Is it just me?

Dave

• Co-Admin
  • Activity:
    0%
  • There can only be (1)Dave
    • View Profile
Re: scramble is broken
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2013, 07:55:00 PM »
That's strange. If it happens again, can you take some screenshots of the scoreboard and post them?
-Dave
Co-Admin

chuy409

• Verified Member
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2013, 11:50:38 PM »
I agree with ataris. One time, we were getting the last point in hoodoo then there was like 1-2 minutes left when we capped the final point then it scrambled. There was no need to. It seems the scrambling is out of whack. Sometimes it does the correct decisions then sometimes it scrambles the teams in even worse times.

It has gotten bad enough where the team being rolled even starts saying to let the other players in the team to stop trying and let the other team cap and win the round so it could be obvious to the scrambling system.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2013, 11:55:57 PM by chuy409 »

Wolfpup

• TF2 Admin - Rank: 2
  • Junior Admin
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2013, 07:03:03 AM »
I'm not a fan of scramble. There is a better way......it's called try harder.

Shuffling people who are not trying accomplishes nothing. And there is a lot of not trying at times. One just need look at the class count to see this.

*shrug*

chuy409

• Verified Member
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2013, 09:11:34 AM »
I'm not a fan of scramble. There is a better way......it's called try harder.

Shuffling people who are not trying accomplishes nothing. And there is a lot of not trying at times. One just need look at the class count to see this.

*shrug*

Its not so much about trying. You know how hard it is to stop the moment of the other team. We have been trying so much up to the last point where we cant stop them. Just let them cap it. There will be a better chance it will scramble. If it doesnt, people start rage quitting and the server population gets very low. Thats not a healthy for a server.

Wolfpup

• Junior Admin
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2013, 10:23:00 AM »
People will rage quit no matter what. Let em.

Scrambling teams is, and always has been, lame! (Yes, just my opinion.)

Especially when it does it waaaaay to frequently. Being scrambled several times in a gaming session is very distracting to my fragile brain..... :P

ATARIS

• Eat it Hankey.
  • Verified Member
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2013, 03:54:43 PM »
I dont know if there is some crazy code involved in order to enable a scramble, but I will take screenshots. 

I think I'm more irritated with scrambles that occur after a long/evenly fought round where both sides were close.

Wolfpup

• Junior Admin
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2013, 05:26:00 PM »
I think I'm more irritated with scrambles that occur after a long/evenly fought round where both sides were close.

This! But again, scrambles are just all around lame in my opinion. Not a fan!

chuy409

• Verified Member
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2013, 12:43:50 AM »
This! But again, scrambles are just all around lame in my opinion. Not a fan!

Lamer when your team is getting rolled/rage quitting and you cant do anything about it.

Wolfpup

• Junior Admin
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2013, 08:14:45 AM »
Look, I hate when that happens to, but forced scrambles do not automatically fix the problem, it just shuffles it around usually.

When I am on the steam-rolled team, more often than not I simply have to look at the classes and the problem is evident.

If one team is smart enough to have (min) 3 medics, and the other team has none, what do you think is going to happen? Why should "medic" team be punished for "non-medic" teams stupidity?

This game is not hard. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to understand what works and what doesn't. I just don't think it's fare to "punish" the team that tries.

I realize I am an opinionated SOB at times but at least I get to blame it on my astrological sign.

Aries:

"Aries might be tempted to ram their ideas down everyone's throats without even bothering to ask if they want to know."

So true! I know it is in my case.

"Aries are the leaders of the pack, first in line to get things going. Whether or not everything gets done is another question altogether, for an Aries prefers to initiate rather than to complete."

True!

"You're not likely to convince the Ram to soften up; these folks are blunt and to the point."

True!

"Along with those qualities comes the sheer force of the Aries nature, a force that can actually accomplish a great deal. Much of Aries' drive to compete and to win comes from its Cardinal Quality."

"Aries is ruled by Mars. Taking a peek at Roman mythology, we find that Mars was the God of War. Our man Mars was unafraid to do battle, and much the same can be said for Aries. These folks are bold, aggressive and courageous."

Raaaar rabble rabble rabble!

"Further, their competitive natures ensure that they will play the game with zeal and vigor. At times, their approach may be construed as arrogant and domineering, but it takes a lot of focus to be a leader (or so an Aries would say)."

True!

"The element associated with Aries is Fire. Think action, enthusiasm and a burning desire to play the game."
Hell ya!!

"They'll jump into the fray full force and will contribute much in the process. Talk about eager beavers! Sure, some of their decisions may later prove to have been hasty, but you'll never find an Aries who regretted taking a shot."

Indeed.

"Making things happen is what it's all about to these folks. Aries are also unafraid of stepping onto new terrain. The challenge inherent in taking on the unknown is heaven on Earth for Rams. Sure, they may appear arrogant when they take on the world, but they'll be quick to tell you it's the only way to go. While a common Aries refrain might well be 'me first,' there's no point in arguing with them since, in their minds, they are first. Is this unbridled ego? Maybe, but that might be what it takes to blaze a new trail. Oh, and on the subject of arguing, it's the Ram who will have the last word, so save your breath."

:P

"The great strength of the Aries-born is in their initiative, courage and determination. These folks love to get things going and are fearless along the way. Their dynamism and competitive spirit add considerably to any of their endeavours."

Well, that about sums me up in the TF2 world....for good or bad.  :P Blame my astrological sign!