*AuthorTopic: Patch 265 with new map: Kodiak!  (Read 2903 times)

Plasma

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
    • HyperionGaming.org
Patch 265 with new map: Kodiak!
« on: May 01, 2014, 12:30:35 PM »
Finally, a new patch and a new map for NS2 :)
I haven't had time to play the new map, kodiak, yet, but it looks very different and interesting.

I've also purchased the $5 skins DLC, I like it that way. I would have hated to see a map pack like in BF4 and CoD. It would have split the community in half, and kick a lot of players from the servers whenever it would come up.

Cosmetic DLCs don't hurt anybody, and I love the new player customization menu. That's useful.
I hope they can bring more community made content into the game, the way Valve does with TF2, especally since UWE won't focus their development time into NS2 anymore, at least not as much as before. I'm guessing they'd rather release a new game instead.

Anyway, see you guys in-game! :)
Public Group:
--
Private Group:

Twisted_Shadow

• Verified Member
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Back From Vacation
    • View Profile
Re: Patch 265 with new map: Kodiak!
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2014, 02:29:29 PM »
Well.. Time to grab out the money.

I'll be updating this with my opinions as I play, but for starters... It seems good and all, and hopefully This turns out quite well. How I feel about the additional DLC.. $5 isn't that bad, but I hope it doesn't become like the Deluxe and become worthless by Humble Bundle and what not

Plasma

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
    • HyperionGaming.org
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2014, 07:28:22 PM »
Well, I'm expecting them to have the DLCs on sale at some point, maybe in 3-6 months, or this summer.
At least that's how I'd do it.

It's different from the Shadow/Reinforced donation/cosmetics. But maybe they won't. I don't know.
Public Group:
--
Private Group:

Twisted_Shadow

• Verified Member
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Back From Vacation
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2014, 08:40:59 PM »
So far from what I've played of Kodiak, I actually like the map. I feel like its more of what I thought Biodome was going to be like, with all the plants and what not to hide in, expecially as Alien