*AuthorTopic: Add new options to voting  (Read 3733 times)

Active members:
FlyDino(1) Hackedshot44(1)

God Loves Ugly

Add new options to voting
« on: December 28, 2018, 12:09:49 PM »
I'm happy with the current map rotation, but there are also a bunch of other maps that are available that I think would be a good addition to the current map votes when they pop up on the server.

Enforcer does a nice job to change the maps to these custom/less played ones when he's playing, but he shouldn't be required to be on 24/7 to change maps for the server. Also, doesn't look like there's a way to change to these maps without an admin present.

Some suggested maps to add that seem to be pretty popular with the players that come the server:

Pier
Metropolis
Escarpment
Shoreleave

Just a suggestion, thank you for providing the server and listening.

FlyDino

• Verified Member
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
Re: Add new options to voting
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2019, 04:51:48 AM »
I agree, it would be awesome if we could get the !nominate option for RTV on the server. Getting the same few map choices over and over again in RTV kills the server.

Hackedshot44

• Donor
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
Re: Add new options to voting
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2019, 07:22:10 PM »
+1. I'm to the point that the presence of an Admin who's willing to change the map is almost a requirement for me to play anymore. With the map vote often almost always spitting out an option for Goldrush or Badwater, and with how they seem to be weighed more heavily then other maps, the server normally doesn't last long after the admins who will change nextmap leave.

IMO the map rotation needs to fix the maps that wont load properly, like the one that will load a random map if voted for, and maps that aren't part of rotation need to be added, like Metropolis, Pier, Flowerlab, Escarpment and a few others. Plus, if its possible, I think Goldrush and Badwater should either be removed from rotation after the server fills past 24 players, or at least be weighed less and show up in the vote less.

Fixing the issue of map rotation would be a huge step in helping the server stay alive a lot longer then it currently does, and might even draw back people who have left. I know I would stay on a lot longer on weekends if it means I can play other maps without needing admins on, since they normally leave before I have to quit.