*AuthorTopic: suggestion  (Read 2945 times)

sour skittles

• Verified Member
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
suggestion
« on: September 01, 2011, 01:19:39 AM »
This is just a suggestion, but I've seen from other servers that use a specific tag on your name to support the server.  Say if its hyperion, you would have like hyp -  in front of your name?   It doesn't grant players admin powers or any authority on the server though.  Maybe it'll attract people to join the forums and be more interactive with each other.  Just a thought.

T-Shirt Ninja

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
Re: suggestion
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2011, 08:33:20 AM »
I've been thinking about this as well, and I think it would be an excellent way to get our name out there when we're not playing on the Hyperion servers, as well as letting people know who are members when we are, especially if there's a need for an admin. In that vein, I would also suggest two slightly different prefixes, one for admins, one for regular members. Maybe something like HG|T-Shirt Ninja for members and {HG}T-Shirt Ninja for admins?

Plasma

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
    • HyperionGaming.org
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2011, 11:14:42 AM »
We've been talking about special tags for regular players/members. The idea would be to register to the forums, post at least once (has to be meaningful, "jseqsy" doesn't count as a post  ::) ), and you would be eligible for special benefits, like a special chat tag in-game. There are other things we could do for donators and such, but we're not there yet. First, we want to make sure the payload server is busy 24/7 like before.

As for a "clan" of sort, it could be a very good idea. It is definitely a topic that should be explored further. For now, though, it's better if admins are not easily identifiable on the servers. We always keep an eye on server chat, even when outside the game.
Public Group:
--
Private Group:

sour skittles

• Verified Member
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2011, 03:23:30 PM »
It also adds some psychological effect in the server as people who wants to pick a fight and degrade other players would keep quiet.  Just like how when you see a police on the road, you drive half the speed you normally do lol