Poll

What maps should we add? (multiple votes allowed)

Castle
5 (16.7%)
(removed)
2 (6.7%)
Clustercuss
1 (3.3%)
Frontline
3 (10%)
Gothic
4 (13.3%)
(removed)
2 (6.7%)
Morra's Castle
3 (10%)
Hotrod
4 (13.3%)
Gydan
3 (10%)
Treetop
3 (10%)

Total Members Voted: 8

*AuthorTopic: CP Map Suggestions V2!!!  (Read 8621 times)

Wolfpup

• TF2 Admin - Rank: 2
  • Junior Admin
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
Re: CP Map Suggestions V2!!!
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2014, 08:51:48 AM »
We really need to deal with the map issue on the server.

People, including myself are tiring of the same (3) map(s) cycle. I try and invite people and have been told point blank some don't like A/D and would happily help start the server if better maps were available. Others just get bored cycling the same 3 maps. People have been asking, though not here but in game for more CP(5) maps. (Enforcer and I do try and point them to the forums but you know how that goes.)

Enforcer and I were talking in game and we thing a mix of (more) stock and customs maps would help things along. People chimed in in agreement.

I think we need to set up the server with some of the most popular maps, and leave them on, even if they appear to kill the server. People leave on map change. Sometimes due to the next map, sometimes, they are just done playing and map change is a good excuse to leave. I know I like to leave then myself at times too.

Maybe set up the map vote for 3 stock and 1 custom each vote? With each new map vote, a new custom. I don't know, just throwing stuff out there hoping it sticks so to speak.

Long live Hyperion!  8)

Sparrow

• TF2 Admin - Rank: 1
  • Verified Member
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2014, 02:11:33 PM »
That AND the ability to change maps if they are causing the server to die. If the admin in charge DOES do this, they should log it and keep a record so that we can gather some conclusive data on which maps are generally more preferable. Once the server becomes more stable, that command can either be removed or reserved.

My 2 cents.
Not all those who wander are lost.

Plasma

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
    • HyperionGaming.org
« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2014, 12:13:16 PM »
Yes, it seems the 3 map rotation isn't working well, but it was expected. This rotation was only temporary anyway. Chainspell added a bunch of CP (A/D only I think) custom maps to the server a while back. I'll add the mapchooser plugin (with RTV) with 3 stocks / 1 custom format as soon as I can.

We've been able (with you guys help) to start the server, the problem is players quickly leave. I'm assuming it's because the rotation is too small, but I'm sure some stock maps (in both A/D and regular CP) are server killer as well. We'll have to go through them, I'm afraid, and see which ones we should just not bother (at least at first). Payload server had to go through this phase at one point. The map rotation was limited (5-6 maps I think) with badwater/goldrush repeating often. Sure, it was boring for some regulars (admins! :) ), but when thundermountain or hoodoo came up, everybody just left, even those that actually voted for the map. So, we would just change the map back to badwater to try to get players back on, etc...
--
Let's give it a try, but we really need to figure out which maps we need to take out of the rotation until we've really developed a real following/regulars "core". Then, we can add these less popular maps back because the "core" will outnumber the "random/quickplayers" and they'll stick around.

ETA for the mapchooser: 1-3 days, I'll do my best. It's easy to install back in, it's difficult to get the configuration "right".
Public Group:
--
Private Group:

Wolfpup

• TF2 Admin - Rank: 2
  • Junior Admin
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2014, 12:19:06 PM »
Awesome, thanks Plasma. :)

Sparrow

• TF2 Admin - Rank: 1
  • Verified Member
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2014, 03:07:36 PM »
I dunno... I still love Badwater! Real nice balanced map for a 32 player server :)
Not all those who wander are lost.