*AuthorTopic: Possible Name Filter??  (Read 1882 times)

Active members:
MegaMouseGW(1) Hadden(1)

MegaMouseGW

• Verified Member
  • Activity:
    0%
  • This is a stickup. Gimme all your cheese.
    • View Profile
Possible Name Filter??
« on: November 28, 2011, 11:48:24 AM »
I was wondering if there was a name filter available. Here is why. The other day I was playing when I saw a player named "Titties For Everyone" come into the game. I know this is not that bad but I ahve sen worse. I was wondering if there was some sort of filter that would amke the players change their name or get kicked from the server. There are a lot of underage players and doing this should clean up the game some.

Hadden

• Ex-Server Admin
  • Verified Member
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
Re: Possible Name Filter??
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2011, 06:34:40 PM »
Dave has a plugin in development for this.

I personally stop what I am doing and join the server to rename and possibly ban users with inappropriate names.  Yes, there are under age players and that's why we have the server rules.  To be sure the server is playable for everyone.

However, this is me speaking personally as an admin, I would not force change a name for the word 'titties'.  There are things you have to deal with while playing on the Internet with the rest of the world, and if a parent is concerned about words such as 'titties' or 'pussy' being used as a slang, they should moderate their children's use over the internet.

This is the same reasoning why game publishers do not release an ESRB for any online experiences.

We cannot moderate the server so heavily that people refuse to play on Hyperion.  This is also why we allow mild cursing, just not towards other players used as a 'flame war'.