*AuthorTopic: Make second server 24/7 goldrush and dustbowl?  (Read 7012 times)

DrunkUncle

• Verified Member
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
Make second server 24/7 goldrush and dustbowl?
« on: August 01, 2014, 03:16:22 PM »
I see this second server sits empty 95% of the time and I was thinking what if Goldrush was taken off the payload server and put on this server with dustbowl and have them switch back and forth every 45 minutes or whatever it may be. Then we could make the current payload server a hybrid between payload and control point and add a few cp maps like, egypt, gorge, process, and steel. I feel like this way, all the regulars on the payload server (including myself) who hate goldrush never have to play it and we have more variety, and if they do want to, they can hop on the other server. Meanwhile, the dustbowl/goldrush server would fill up easier because its a 24/7 dustbowl/goldrush server, and we might even see 2 full hyperion servers on our server menus every once and a while.
Maybe make this server a 24 person server too and bump it up if its always full?
Thoughts/discussion???
"But if you were right and someone was using a bot then recording a demo and posting it here and having someone experienced review it tick by tick would reveal that bot and you could "catch" me."
"I was never kicked from the server?"

cowking

• Moo
  • Verified Member
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Moo
    • View Profile
Re: Make second server 24/7 goldrush and dustbowl?
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2014, 08:55:34 AM »
I suggest beta maps.

Vic-Dog

• Verified Member
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2014, 07:27:52 PM »
I see this second server sits empty 95% of the time and I was thinking what if Goldrush was taken off the payload server and put on this server with dustbowl and have them switch back and forth every 45 minutes or whatever it may be. Then we could make the current payload server a hybrid between payload and control point and add a few cp maps like, egypt, gorge, process, and steel. I feel like this way, all the regulars on the payload server (including myself) who hate goldrush never have to play it and we have more variety, and if they do want to, they can hop on the other server. Meanwhile, the dustbowl/goldrush server would fill up easier because its a 24/7 dustbowl/goldrush server, and we might even see 2 full hyperion servers on our server menus every once and a while.
Maybe make this server a 24 person server too and bump it up if its always full?
Thoughts/discussion???

+1  8)

JackCnKing

• Verified Member
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2014, 10:19:52 PM »
I like the suggestion but I don't think Goldrush should be taken off the Payload server though..

Plasma

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
    • HyperionGaming.org
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2014, 01:50:05 AM »
Gah forgot to reply! I will! There are good ideas here!
Sorry! >.<
Public Group:
--
Private Group:

DrunkUncle

• Verified Member
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2014, 07:30:17 PM »
I look forward to your response.
"But if you were right and someone was using a bot then recording a demo and posting it here and having someone experienced review it tick by tick would reveal that bot and you could "catch" me."

John from Sweden

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2014, 11:12:00 AM »
I think that whatever (almost) we do to the PL server it will stay populated. Dustbowl alone can easily hold 32 players and would be an alternative to skial dustbowl+ LA. (that server is crazy populated)
Good idea! Worth a try. Can't go wrong. Etc etc.

Nehalem

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2014, 04:09:32 AM »
Please make this change. I support anything that gets rid of goldrush.
Disrespectful Admin:
women-tiger<thai [$5 long luv]-"Fuck nehalem. He can suck my dick | Damn, i cant match aimbot | Easy with that aimbot | One day im gonna catch u aimbot and gonna ban | toggle is too strong | I cant match your toggle"

DrunkUncle

• Verified Member
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2014, 05:42:33 PM »
I hope this support brings awareness to the idea and I anticipate the official response in the near future.

Nehalem

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2014, 05:54:27 AM »
I hope this support brings awareness to the idea and I anticipate the official response in the near future.

Do you expect this to happen before or after HL3?
Disrespectful Admin:
women-tiger<thai [$5 long luv]-"Fuck nehalem. He can suck my dick | Damn, i cant match aimbot | Easy with that aimbot | One day im gonna catch u aimbot and gonna ban | toggle is too strong | I cant match your toggle"

Plasma

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
    • HyperionGaming.org
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2014, 11:12:28 AM »
I'd like to keep the Payload server as a "full official PL maps rotation" + custom PL maps server, yes, that means keeping goldrush. As for trying a 24/7 goldrush/dustbowl setting on the 2nd server, we can give it a try.

Change will be coming this week.
Public Group:
--
Private Group:

Plasma

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
    • HyperionGaming.org
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2014, 11:18:04 AM »
A bit late (because of adding custom maps to PL server and then Valve breaking the servers on every update), but I've finally changed the CP server to the idea suggested here by DrunkUncle.

It's currently running Dustbowl/Goldrush 24/7 (and I changed the server name obviously). I know it's not the most exciting and innovative rotation for some of you guys, but the goal right now is simply to get some traffic going on the server, and maybe attract some new players to the community.

If that's successful and more and more people come back to play on this server every day, then we can start adding more maps to the rotation (maybe both PL and CP). That's how we did it with the Payload server 3 years ago (but back then everything else was different -- Quickplay was brand new, F2P, mannco store, etc...).

Please share your feedback here and if you guys are somewhat interested in the 2nd server, please try to invite your friends there and seed a bit if possible. It's going to be difficult to get this server started as it's a "new" server that can't rely on quickplay traffic (at least at first) and regulars.
Public Group:
--
Private Group:

Fila!

• Verified Member
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2014, 07:46:25 PM »
Shame.

I've never once since TF2 came out touched a 24/7 exclusive server and I'm not gonna start touching one now either.

:(

Nehalem

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2014, 04:08:14 PM »
Since you have now made one server 24/7 Goldrush/Dustbowl maybe it's a good idea to remove goldrush from the rotation on the other server?

Disrespectful Admin: